British Speedway Forum

Sorry Philip I was under the impression that was one of the reasons for building it..........it seems mad to build a national stadium that could not hold a GP..........oh well time will tell........

RP

A Speedway World Cup yes but not a British GP. It will not have any near the facilities now required for speedway's showpiece event.

Hopefully one of its prime values as a "national stadium" will be the facilities it will potentially offer to junior riders and the opportunity for British speedway to have a much needed academy that can be used day in and day out.

I reckon all the moaners wanting the Gp back at Wembley (albeit a different stadium to "the glory days")...They are probably 'southerners'..everything they have is the best... :rolleyes: not

Do you not think the London hotels will also note the GP weekend and raise their prices also?? This would occur wherever its held.

I say leave at Cardiff, where we were welcomed when we were looking for a stadium and its been a success thus far, suits the majority of people and the roof is the added bonus of no cancellation. :approve:

Sad as it is I'd hate to admit being a Bradfordian is that Odsal will NEVER happen :sad::sad:

HOPEFULLY a date and venue for the 2012 British Grand Prix will be announced on Sky on Saturday during the SWC Final

HOPEFULLY a date and venue for the 2012 British Grand Prix will be announced on Sky on Saturday during the SWC Final

:wink: will look forward to it.

So it comes down to a roof does it. Utter nonsense with the rubbish served up at Cardiff this year. Pitched ripped up? Out of touch mate. Rugby League does far more damage when played at Old trafford than the laying of a track as it is done at places like Parken.

Why mention the Emirates and Old Trafford? sixty and seventy odd thousand seats simply not required for a major speedway meeting. A sold out 40000 would be far more impressive. In this current financial climate there must be a dozen or so suitable grounds that for MONEY would say yes please use our stadium. Bang smack in June with two months to get a pitch ready no problem. Can't understand this love affair with a awful city with a stadium that has no effective stewarding and has rubbish racing. Along of course with the city providing rubbish hotels at london prices.

Of course Hampden isn't the 120000 capacity it once was but even half that many seats would be far too many at the moment. If all you are concerned about is ensuring a meeting goes ahead why are you bothering to go to watch the poorest racing in the country?. I have been unlucky enough to go to abandonned postponed meeting at Gelsemkirken, Gothenberg and Vojens but i'd take all three over the Cardiff "experience"

Youv'e got to be saying that with tongue in cheek! Either that or you believe to much of the drivel the Mr Ferguson spouts! Rugby League does no more damage to Old Trafford than a football match does! :approve: And i have seen enough of both at OT to know this.

As for the rest of your comments. Well the best that can be said is, you are entitled to your own opinion. But Phil Rising is probably on the money with his assessment of your comments.

UTTER tosh...

MORE tosh...

Yet he still keeps going year in, year out apparently. It must be hell for him.

sooooo... was there a date on Saturday? If there was I must have been in the kitchen!

OH Cardiff or Wembley or Stratford - Cardiff everytime, I live in London and before I get a gp on my doorstep I'd like some bloody league racing please! Come on Merton sort it out!

sooooo... was there a date on Saturday? If there was I must have been in the kitchen!

OH Cardiff or Wembley or Stratford - Cardiff everytime, I live in London and before I get a gp on my doorstep I'd like some bloody league racing please! Come on Merton sort it out!

Are you a bit ahead of yourself??? The final is on SATURDAY!!

August I reckon!!..

Edited by MattB

You still on the wine?

October... Half term week.... :unsure:

A big announcement due at 8pm UK time tonight on the speedwaygp.com websites.

Wonder if this is about Cardiff 2012

From twitter, 25th August at Cardiff, contract till 2016!

What in the middle of the school holidays where prices will be even more hiked up , Nah don`t think so. Seems your source has more sauce than HP!! :party:

From twitter, 25th August at Cardiff, contract till 2016!

Bank Holiday weekend!

Trying to get from Dorset to Cardiff on a 'summer Saturday' will be horrendous! Worse still for anyone heading south M6/M5/M4. Hope this is not true! :nono:

Edited by KrisB

What in the middle of the school holidays where prices will be even more hiked up , Nah don`t think so. Seems your source has more sauce than HP!! :party:

Should think that date is 100% correct-bound to be later in 2012 because of the Olympics

Heard a rumour today, that the Gp is staying at Cardiff for another 5 years. Next years GP on 25th August.

I will kill the rumour mongerer if this is not true!!

Looks like my source was right! :cheers: