British Speedway Forum

If this is true, I also must question the wisdom of holding this event during the school summer holidays, and to go for August Bank Holiday weekend seems even more strange. Many people will be on their annual holidays over that week and the traffic on the roads during August bank holiday weekend is horrendous. Cardiff has limited hotel capacity and they are always booked solid for GP weekend in June, so many people are going to have to brave the holiday traffic for this one.

Would have been lovely, just for once, to have had Cardiff as the final GP of the season. I know BSI have to work around stadium availability etc but to see the world champion crowned at Cardiff would have been a great 'thank you' gesture to all of the British fans who have supported the Cardiff GP over the past 11 years.

Perhaps BSI have already signed a contract elsewhere for the final GP of 2012.

Definitely true - the press release was put on the SGP App this morning.

Saturday 25th August 2012 and a new 5 year deal has been signed

Early bird tickets now on sale with savings of up to 15% before 31st Aug this year

all info taken directly from SGP App for iPhone

Guest JoLouBurn

If this is true, I also must question the wisdom of holding this event during the school summer holidays, and to go for August Bank Holiday weekend seems even more strange. Many people will be on their annual holidays over that week and the traffic on the roads during August bank holiday weekend is horrendous. Cardiff has limited hotel capacity and they are always booked solid for GP weekend in June, so many people are going to have to brave the holiday traffic for this one.

Would have been lovely, just for once, to have had Cardiff as the final GP of the season. I know BSI have to work around stadium availability etc but to see the world champion crowned at Cardiff would have been a great 'thank you' gesture to all of the British fans who have supported the Cardiff GP over the past 11 years.

You can't please all the people all the time :)

Definitely true - the press release was put on the SGP App this morning.

Saturday 25th August 2012 and a new 5 year deal has been signed

Early bird tickets now on sale with savings of up to 15% before 31st Aug this year

all info taken directly from SGP App for iPhone

See http://www.speedwaygp.com/event/speedwaygp-2012-cardiff although the link provided to ticketmaster shows that they do not yet recognise this event!

Can't say that I'm impressed with that date , looks like I may have to miss out , due to having my annual holidays (which are fixed)earlier in the month don't think my employer would be very happy if I took another wknd off just after having had two weeks off , seems a strange choice of dates to me :(

Guest JoLouBurn

A valuable contribution in stating the obvious!

Not really but there again think the problems of holding it 25th August (school holidays) were pretty obvious too.

Well that is one way to celebrate my 25th wedding anniversary...............

Not the ideal choice of dates but at least it will be a long weekend..........

RP

Will attend whatever the date but just wondering....will it revert back to a weekend in June (or another date) as is it only August in 2012 cause of the Olympics? Supposed to be an official announcement tonight during World Cup Final :t:

Not long till we find out!!!

Someone told me earlier today that the stadium is being used v early on in the Olympics and that it will take a month either side to sort out, hence the date change....

School Holidays and the football season will have started. This will be the lowest Cardiff attendance ever IMO.

Olympics 2012, so have to fit around that.

Got my tickets!

It only took 50 minutes to get through to a human being.

Block 32 row 1

See you there.

Phil

Everyone has known for ages that the olympics would cause stadium problems next year so no real surprise it had to move to later in the year.

The stadium is used a lot through the year with pop concerts, football and of course rugby. The final grand prix could prove very problamatic at the stadium as there is autumn rugby internationals usually in November and Cardiff Blues have used the stadium for Heineken cup matches before now in October.