British Speedway Forum
alan_boon

British Grand Prix, 25/06/11

Not really, you never actually made a point.

You're brilliant value, you should come here more.

I made the point that Holder wasn't at fault, which was entirely consistent with my opinion that no one was at fault, which if you missed it, I also wrote a few posts back.

Anyway, considering you disregarded my opinion because I'm a Poole fan, (which incidentally killed any chance of any real debate) you seem to be going on about it a lot.

By turning left maybe!!

:rolleyes:

So you think he would have had a better chance if he had turned hard, scrubbed off his speed and allowed Holder and Hancock a free run around the outside on the fast line?

He would have been 20 yards behind before turn 3!!

:rolleyes:

So you think he would have had a better chance if he had turned hard, scrubbed off his speed and allowed Holder and Hancock a free run around the outside on the fast line?

He would have been 20 yards behind before turn 3!!

No by turning left instead of going straight on. Simples!

If he'd focussed on turn round bends 1 and 2 a bit sharper he would have stood a much better chance than the tactic he chose.

How do you know that ? what we do know is that not one rider won from gate 1 but nicki was very close to doing so .by pushing the riders wide .

No by turning left instead of going straight on. Simples!

A simple way to finish 3rd for sure. As it was, he made a brilliant 1st turn to secure 2nd and but for an amazing move by Hancock, would have won the GP. Had Holder been of gate 1 he would have done exactly the same thing.

Edited by BWitcher

Good performance from Nicki P but he went a bit crazy in his last heat.

Bjerre has been top notch and he looks very quick.

Lindgren looks lost with the big GP boys, maybe he should ride in the EL vs riders like Richard Lawson and Richard Sweetman.

Bjerre needs to be in the NL then.

Nicki P rode very well to get 2nd place.

Can't wait to congratulate him on Monday. :cheers:

Runner up = 1st loser.

pedersen AND bjerre. Split loyalties or what? :P

How do you know that ? what we do know is that not one rider won from gate 1 but nicki was very close to doing so .by pushing the riders wide .

I don't it's just an opinion, your Honour!

Good point, most of his naff'ness is because he gets OTT trying to flog a dead horse by trying to claim a good race was a superb race, that a boring meeting is a great meeting.. he seems to assume his viewers are blind and not watching TV, he can get away with it on radio, not on TV. Stick to his job of commentating like most other sports commentators and he will only be half as awful as he usually is.

What really upset me this evening is when he shouted 'let the crowd' bring up Chris Harris I think it was when he won, rather than get to hear the air horns and the atmosphere, prattling Pearson ruined it by shouting 'woooooo'.

He's got nothing on this guy though! :P

Good win for Greg! Would be great if he won the series. :approve:

A simple way to finish 3rd for sure. As it was, he made a brilliant 1st turn to secure 2nd and but for an amazing move by Hancock, would have won the GP. Had Holder been of gate 1 he would have done exactly the same thing.

If there wasn't an air fence he'd still be going straight on now!

His mentality is to stop others and if he hadn't been so focussed on doing so and turned left sooner he'd already moved Holder out far enough and Hancock at the same time. I'm not saying he should have turned left immediately on bend one, I'm saying that once he'd moved them out if he'd turned left sooner he'd already done enough damage.

If there wasn't an air fence he'd still be going straight on now!

His mentality is to stop others and if he hadn't been so focussed on doing so and turned left sooner he'd already moved Holder out far enough and Hancock at the same time. I'm not saying he should have turned left immediately on bend one, I'm saying that once he'd moved them out if he'd turned left sooner he'd already done enough damage.

Funny, yet on my screen he turned the corner, one guy still had the room to go round him and Pedersen finished 2nd when pretty much everybody in the country probably had him pegged to come 3rd in that race.

You clearly fail to understand that coming from gate 1,entering the corner at the angle he did (which was the only way from that gate he could do anything) and then moving the riders out, to turn back as you suggested would involved him turning sharply and losing all speed. Very little grip on that part of the track too. Holder and Hancock would both have simply hit the dirt and swept by down the straight. We saw time and time again tonight riders do what you suggested, especially on the first bends and they lost all momentum and ended up at the back.

Funny, yet on my screen he turned the corner, one guy still had the room to go round him and Pedersen finished 2nd when pretty much everybody in the country probably had him pegged to come 3rd in that race.

You clearly fail to understand that coming from gate 1,entering the corner at the angle he did (which was the only way from that gate he could do anything) and then moving the riders out, to turn back as you suggested would involved him turning sharply and losing all speed. Very little grip on that part of the track too. Holder and Hancock would both have simply hit the dirt and swept by down the straight. We saw time and time again tonight riders do what you suggested, especially on the first bends and they lost all momentum and ended up at the back.

Oh I give up!

If he'd focussed on turn round bends 1 and 2 a bit sharper he would have stood a much better chance than the tactic he chose.

Not really. He was off the worst grid against 2 riders who had looked faster than him all night. Has he ridden around the line like a good boy he would have been passed by Holder and Hancock coming out of turn 2.

Oh I give up!

It's probably for the best. BWitcher has got it spot on.

Oh I give up!

When you wrong like you are here ...it's always the best course of action .

Has he ridden around the line like a good boy

<unacceptable language removed> Try reading all the posts!

If he'd turned left SOONER, i.e. earlier then he did, not earlier coming out bend one!