British Speedway Forum
alan_boon

British Grand Prix, 25/06/11

Well, first 5 heats and it's business as usual - horribly slick track with passing at a premium. When will they learn?

lol and the riders were so hopeful after practice .....

It's the way no-one will say it - the commentators, interviewers and riders, all pretending it's a good track. Gate and go a-go-go!

well I'm enjoying it. Not much happening for the rider in front but some good battles for 2nd & 3rd

Hmm, just expect better, though god knows why! 8 wins from gate 4 out of 11 races - joke!

Hmm, just expect better, though god knows why! 8 wins from gate 4 out of 11 races - joke!

I think you're watching the wrong sport.

Yeah, curse me and my desire for racing!

Anyway, decent race at last - go Emil!

You must just be in a bad mood. Racing is getting better with every heat

Got to say that i think it has been very good. Crump/Sayfutdinov- surely that was worth the price of admission. Also nice to see a competitive Kolodziej again.

Alan.

Well, first 5 heats and it's business as usual - horribly slick track with passing at a premium. When will they learn?

Not singling yourself out personally Alan as you are one of many early posters who make the same mistake repeatedly regarding such comments as "business as usual" and "when will they ever learn?"

When will early posters ever learn that after thousands upon thousands of meetings over decades upon decades the initial heats can often contain little passing. As a speedway meeting goes on one often gets an increase in overtaking. So yes, thankfully it is business as usual and woweeeeeee some more fantastic racing just now.

Edited by manchesterpaul

When will early posters ever learn that after thousands upon thousands of meetings over decades upon decades the initial heats can often contain little passing.

Do you think that on a world championship track the winner from the first few races should come out of just one gate the, that's more the moan than anything ......

Do you think that on a world championship track the winner from the first few races should come out of just one gate the, that's more the moan than anything ......

Yup, gate 1 has produced just 9 points from 14 races.

Some nice video montages with Boycie laying Gollob flat, and the Nicholls/Safutdinov punch-up. Including Holloway (who really should have been handed a pit ban for that) being a "hard man" when it was all over.

Someone update Sky that Gollob is out.

UPDATE

Oh for goodness sake Sky get your act together, they still a race later not got a clue.

Gollob is ALREADY OUT!

Zetterstrom was ALREADY ahead of Gollob with more second places.

Edited by manchesterpaul