British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vog

Dudley V Stoke

So, tomorrow is the second leg!

Anybody think Dudley can pull this out of the bag? I sure hope not! I fancy them to win the meeting by about 10, but not enough to go through.

Anybody think Dudley can pull this out of the bag?

Nope! :lol:

We didn't beat IOW by a big enough margin last week so we're not going to beat Stoke by enough. That's not being defeatest or not having faith in the boys etcetera, it's being realisitc. I'd settle for a comfortable win and every rider having a decent night and restoring some pride. 50 something would be very nice but I think that's out of reach. 49-41 ish

Nope! :lol:

We didn't beat IOW by a big enough margin last week so we're not going to beat Stoke by enough. That's not being defeatest or not having faith in the boys etcetera, it's being realisitc. I'd settle for a comfortable win and every rider having a decent night and restoring some pride. 50 something would be very nice but I think that's out of reach. 49-41 ish

I presume you shall be there? Part of me hopes that Stoke just get 5-1's in the first four heats and that means we are through! The longer it goes, the more I will panic!

I wouldnt panic too much vog!!!! As good a team spirit as the Heathens have, and as good as our NL scoring has been, I reckon it would take Harry Houdini to escape from this one. Like 21st says, all we want is to restore some pride, and get a home win under our belt. Its been a bit of a "wake-up" call to us.

By the way, I would like to thank the Potters fans for their friendliness towards us Heathens while the "paramedic no-show" was going on. Had some great banter!!

Oh well - tomorrow is another day!!!!!

'Ommer 'Um

I would also like to pay tribute to the Heathen's fans.

When we paraded the National League Pairs Trophy prior to the paramedic situation I was impressed by the applause meted out by the Dudley fans as well as our own supporters.

It is not often that you see such sporting conduct and it left me well impressed.

Tomorrow is another day and my team will start as if the aggregate score is 0-0 because I know the Heathen's riders will be anxious to avenge yesterday's result. Like ourselves they are a very good team and I instilled into my riders before yesterday's match that we really had to tear into them from the outset.

Needless to say tomorrow's team talk will be very similar.

However, after odds and ends that I have read here about the Heathen's fans I thought it only fair and that I should redress the balance because I thought you were terrific yesterday.

Thank you very much for that

Malcolm Vasey

Malcolm - I have not always agreed with your thoughts on here, but a heartfelt "thank you" for that. We have received a lot of unjustified bad press lately (most of it from people who "weren't even there" at the time!) and it is wholly gratifying to read your comments. We are fanatical about the Heathens, we are extremely vocal in our support, but at the end of the day all we want to do is enjoy our speedway.

To you and your team, a very big well done for yesterday - you gave us a right "Pottering", and deserved the huge margin that followed. Your performance was impeccable - the only thing that spoilt it for me was the poor lack of organisation in the "paramedic" saga - but that's someone elses fault, not yours.

We look forward to welcoming you, the riders and your supporters to "Monmore Wood" tomorrow, and I sincerely hope that the Potters wil get 'Ommered!!!

Once again, many thanks.

'Ommer 'Um

very interesting can someone now explain how simon lambert can now ride for stoke as he guested for coventry surely the seven day rule will now come in force i await your comments i may be wrong

I presume you shall be there?

Yes, I'll be there mate. I wouldn't worry if I were you. We could smuggle Herbie and Bullet in and still not rack up a 31 point win. :lol:

Its been a bit of a "wake-up" call to us.

I would rather get a wake-up call in a league meeting though. At least in the league there is time to recover, particularly in this era as just making the top four gives you a shot at being league champions. Screw in a straight knock-out competition and you're out on your ass.

I would also like to pay tribute to the Heathen's fans.

When we paraded the National League Pairs Trophy prior to the paramedic situation I was impressed by the applause meted out by the Dudley fans as well as our own supporters.

It is not often that you see such sporting conduct and it left me well impressed.

Tomorrow is another day and my team will start as if the aggregate score is 0-0 because I know the Heathen's riders will be anxious to avenge yesterday's result. Like ourselves they are a very good team and I instilled into my riders before yesterday's match that we really had to tear into them from the outset.

Needless to say tomorrow's team talk will be very similar.

However, after odds and ends that I have read here about the Heathen's fans I thought it only fair and that I should redress the balance because I thought you were terrific yesterday.

Thank you very much for that

Malcolm Vasey

I wasn't there so the above doesn't refer to me but it's nice to read your comments Malcolm.

I was rather hoping your boys were going to be complacent though so a bit gutted you're cottoned on to the fact that you're going for the win tonight as well. :wink::P

very interesting can someone now explain how simon lambert can now ride for stoke as he guested for coventry surely the seven day rule will now come in force i await your comments i may be wrong

Nice try. If we could get 3 or their riders elbowed from the meeting we'd have a chance. :lol:

The 180-hour (rather than 7 days) rule refers to guests rather than full time squad members, and the NL is exempt when riding on an EL or PL track as the riders may be riding in more than one league. Can you imagine a situation where a PL club couldn't track it's own riders because they rode in its own NL team the week (or less) before?

Well I'll be the first on this thread to offer a huge well done to Stoke on their progress to the KO Cup Final. Obviously the damage was all done in the first leg and we knew it was too much to pull back. Glad the Heathens won the second leg, despite tumbling out at the same stage as last year.

Thanks for the comments regarding Sunday Malcolm, it is appreciated.

Stoke clearly have a very strong looking team now, with some power at top, middle and bottom of the order.

As for the Heathens: still very proud of all of our team. They're mostly young lads, who haven't tasted defeat very often while pulling on the green, red and white. This will be all good experience for them and they will be stronger for it.

Looks like we're "concentrating on the league" now. Shame that ends up as a mini-knock out cup at the end too, but I'm sure we'll be in there battling for it.

I may add more comments tomorrow but my updates say it all really so for now I'll simply say congrats to Stoke and good luck in the final. Best wishes to Tim. I hope he just sat out his last ride because the tie was over as a contest so there was no need for him to risk anything silly.

Solid performance from Stoke. Dudley did well to come back from 6 down, and both teams threw points away. I can't help thinking that Dudley will be looking for revenge in the league!

Solid performance from Stoke. Dudley did well to come back from 6 down, and both teams threw points away. I can't help thinking that Dudley will be looking for revenge in the league!

Well done to both teams tonight, Vog you may be right with your last comment, but and its a big but, WE cant gate, and thats fine against not so good riders,but against better riders, WE cant get away with it, any ways good luck to Stoke in the final, but looking at Muddyhalls Strengthening up with Cameron Heaps and Mark Baseby added to the Team,they look a formidable outfit now.

I may add more comments tomorrow but my updates say it all really so for now I'll simply say congrats to Stoke and good luck in the final. Best wishes to Tim. I hope he just sat out his last ride because the tie was over as a contest so there was no need for him to risk anything silly.

Tim grazed his hip, shoulder and took a large bump on his head and, according to his aunt, a huge dent to his pride. But he's ok.

Proud of the lads, holding Dudley to 4 at their home is no mean feat. Shame there were so many falls - after a fall free Sunday too

Well done to both teams tonight, Vog you may be right with your last comment, but and its a big but, WE cant gate, and thats fine against not so good riders,but against better riders, WE cant get away with it, any ways good luck to Stoke in the final, but looking at Muddyhalls Strengthening up with Cameron Heaps and Mark Baseby added to the Team,they look a formidable outfit now.

But they lost Brundle, so I think it's swings and roundabouts there!

Whoever makes it to the final, be it IoW or Mildenhall, it should be two good meetings, and I just hope that we can come out on top!