British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tyke

Vip Methanol Club

Anyone pay for this at Cardiff this year. Would like to find out as my wife wants to book for next year ?

Any information and feedback i.e. Is it worth it, what you get

All information, would be greatly appreciated.

I don't think it's value for money at all any longer. The experience has gone downhill since the first GPs.

I don't think it's value for money at all any longer. The experience has gone downhill since the first GPs.

WHY? Would appreciate your reasons...

I would also be interested in the views of others.

Also does anyone know the cost of a box and what you get for the money.

WHY? Would appreciate your reasons...

My partner and I have done it a few times. For the first couple of GPs in Cardiff it was fantastic. However, the last two times it felt a lot less exclusive. Everyone was crammed into the dining room and the quality of the food wasn't great. The smart gifts that you used to get in your goody bag such as the methanol club jackets had been replaced with sponsors mouse mats and key rings. Now the price has risen to £350 it's just not value for money. You'd be better off buying good tickets and booking a table at a decent restaurant.

Having said all of that. The one thing that you will experience is walking out from the pits, down the tunnel the riders come out of to the side of the track. The first time I did that and saw and heard the crowd it really was a hair standing up on the back of my neck moment. You couldn't buy that.

........ You couldn't buy that.

You can. YOU did. :t:

Interested to hear your experiences. This year I was sat in a corporate area. I only had the tickets, not the passes and wristbands of those around me. I'm assuming it was a freebie laid on by a speedway associated company. Many of those around me appeared to have no more than a passing interest in the racing, and constantly got up to go to the bar. I assume they had a free bar somewhere as they would always come back with a 'tray' of 4 and just leave 2 or 3 of them lying around to get kicked over when the next bloke went for a '4'. They all had goody bags with a couple of pictures, a cap, and a programme in. The ticket face price in the area was £69. The seats were fine (apart from the stink of rank lager) though I don't know what they paid on top for the 'package'.

Edited by retired raker

I have to say I didn't rate the hospitality areas of the Millennium, been there for both speedway and rugby, and it isnt great for either. The pits stuff is good if you are a speedway enthusiast, but a lot of money. I think a nice restaurant outside followed by toprated seats is better value.

I would also be interested in the views of others.

Also does anyone know the cost of a box and what you get for the money.

the boxs are about 3 or 3.6 grand i think. drinks are extra depending on what you like. only avail to sponsors,riders and companies i think and not that many of them. food and service good but quite dear i think.

This has been brought for me and my finacee as wedding gift this year as we get married three weeks after the event just wondered if anyone knows if you get an itinery of what times you have to be at stadiums etc? Also does anyone know if you can pay extra to watch some races from centre green (Do they still let people do that? Would appreciate any info anyone has on it

WATCHING from the centre green isn't possible. You will receive a complete itinerary well before the event with a timetable that includes early entry to the stadium, lunch, various goodies, prime seats and quite a lot more.

WATCHING from the centre green isn't possible. You will receive a complete itinerary well before the event with a timetable that includes early entry to the stadium, lunch, various goodies, prime seats and quite a lot more.

Phil is forgetting to tell you that the last 5 words mean you get lumbered with manning the merchandise stands.

Only Joking Mr Rising

its no where near as good as it use to be i think. been to quite a few here and abroad. i couldnt even get a box at cardiff this year from the tight ass bsi. would think they still owe me one after sweden, lol.

Agreed, done it once before, but now it seems, that if your a friend of a friend of a friend you can get into the pits or around the areas, so not worth it. Best getting a good seat, decent hotel and good meal for the same price.