British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ben Alderton

Speedway World Cup Team Line Ups

I guess he isn't based on this later story..... for the race off anyway

http://speedwaygp.com/news/article/468/scott-family-comes-first

So he might race in the final if we get there, but not the race-off that might get us there. Weird. Wouldn't have anything to do with being in Poland for his league team on Sunday, would it? I'm not doubting his sincerity over wanting to be with his family, but it seems a little odd that he can pick and choose the time he spends with them. If it were me, I wouldn't be travelling anywhere while she's ill...

Because once a better rider gets his nose in front an inferior rider will struggle to pass them no matter how good the track is.

Far be it from me to question a former world champion's opinion on track conditions, but as a Norfolk Arena patron who rarely misses a meeting I don't think last night's circuit looked anywhere near as good as the one for last year's Event Two, or the year before at P'boro. For me it contributed significantly to a pretty mundane meeting.

the track was a bit double edged for me...... one one hand it was obvious that they had made an effort to produce a track ready for racing which should be commended... and even in its one line nature it was able to produce some good racing such as the heats involving Bomber, Tomasz and Jarek.......... but on the other it backed up the use of slick tracks that we usually see at this level .... the grip was visibly showing top riders struggling to keep their bikes out of the fence

the track was a bit double edged for me...... one one hand it was obvious that they had made an effort to produce a track ready for racing which should be commended... and even in its one line nature it was able to produce some good racing such as the heats involving Bomber, Tomasz and Jarek.......... but on the other it backed up the use of slick tracks that we usually see at this level .... the grip was visibly showing top riders struggling to keep their bikes out of the fence

I'm guessing you mean Nicholls crash? That was an awkward one because the bike didn't really lift, which is easier to control, but dragged him out and it's so difficult to get out of it when it drags you like that because it pulls your arms and you can't knock the throttle off so easily. I don't think the track can be blamed for it, it's just unfortunate.

We shall wait and see if that is the case.

The Russian media seem to be reporting that Emil, Grigory, Artem, Roman and Renat is still a possibility for Thursday after the intervention of the boss-man of the Russian Federation, Alexander Lunkin.

Russian team (line up) (OFFICIAL)

http://translate.google.com.ua/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=ru&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fspeedway-press.ru%2F2011%2F07%2F2011jul31.html

Without translator:

Emil Saifutdinov

Grigory Laguta

Renat Gafurov

Roman Povazhny

Denis Gizatullin

Manager: Stanislav KHAN

Its great!!!

P.S. Artem Laguta said that he would marry, and out from Russian team ...

Edited by Gray

Russian team (line up) (OFFICIAL)

http://translate.google.com.ua/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=ru&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fspeedway-press.ru%2F2011%2F07%2F2011jul31.html

Without translator:

Emil Saifutdinov

Grigory Laguta

Renat Gafurov

Roman Povazhny

Denis Gizatullin

Manager: Stanislav KHAN

Its great!!!

P.S. Artem Laguta said that he would marry...

Roman Povazhny more important than romance?!

Praise the Lord, finally days later after first asking (more than once) i get not one but two answers :) Both coming to the same conclusion.

The reason i have been seeking clarification on whether the Laguta's could or couldn't cite force majuer is because it hasn't been made uneqivocably clear who was to blame, as in the brothers or the Russian or British embassy staff etc.

Glad to see that the rule i mentioned days ago will be applied and Sayfutdinov won't ride. Although, as with the trio last night, what an absolute stinker of a shame. Last night's meeting would so have been enhanced by their appearance. Additionally, Emil is a sad exclusion from the race-off meeting too.

We shall wait and see if that is the case.

The Russian media seem to be reporting that Emil, Grigory, Artem, Roman and Renat is still a possibility for Thursday after the intervention of the boss-man of the Russian Federation, Alexander Lunkin.

Yes, or should i say yessssssssss! I've been following similar reports all day now, including from sources outside of Russia. From a speedway and entertainment point of view i've got fingers crossed Russia can track a full strength side.

From a moral point of view if previous information is to be believed (but who knows now???? lol) it seemed right Emil should be suspended. However, i'll sell my soul to the Devil if i get to see what could now be an even better meeting. Emil certainly can nick the odd point or more of our rivals. Of course at the same time it could likely be bad news indeed for us.

It's still not clear if Sayfutdinov will ride. I've totally had to go on posts made on here by people one would presume are in the know, but now 100% conflicting media stories make it hard to tell.

PROBABLY because they didn't fancy being involved in any number of crashes with the Dryml brothers in Gorzow.

Quote of the night from Ales: "If they gave points for crashes we (he and brother Lukas) would be World Champions!"

But responsibel for only arguably one of them (and that is where opinion was split last night). They were certainly on the end of a fair bit of bad luck last night

I'm guessing you mean Nicholls crash? That was an awkward one because the bike didn't really lift, which is easier to control, but dragged him out and it's so difficult to get out of it when it drags you like that because it pulls your arms and you can't knock the throttle off so easily. I don't think the track can be blamed for it, it's just unfortunate.

not especially the Scott incident... I felt it was a theme the more the meeting went on tbh... off the top of my head:

Bomber constantly seemed like he was being sucked into the fence in one heat...... Ed was fighting for control in another.... Ben seemingly struggled to smoothly take a bend in his 2nd......Lukas almost repeated history (minus an airfence down the straight) ....... I vaguely remember other incidents involving the czechs or russians having to sharply adjust in bend 2 next to the fence

It all seemed to add up to a track that was slightly over grippy

interesting what you are saying about arms being pulled though as it makes sense of that kind of incident

If it had been prepared like a normal Wednesday night it would be fine. Only being able to grade every five heats didn't help but they ripped the outside up before the meeting for some reason, doesn't normally happen.

No doubt somebody with an ego stuck their nose in, should just have let Buster get on with it!

If it had been prepared like a normal Wednesday night it would be fine. Only being able to grade every five heats didn't help but they ripped the outside up before the meeting for some reason, doesn't normally happen.

No doubt somebody with an ego stuck their nose in, should just have let Buster get on with it!

From a conversation that I was party to before the start of the meeting, Buster ignored the Ego and did his own thing !!

NO one stuck their nose in, the track was all Buster's work and he was delighted with it.

Fair enough.

As a paying customer though my opinion is that the dirt was too wide from too early on.

Ok so no Scotty in Poland on Thursday, but on the plus side it gives the younger riders a chance to gain vital expierence. Lets face it and with due respect to the guys Bomber and Scotty don't have a huge number of years of top flite racing left. Whats gonna happen when this does happen, and we have to pitch in guys with no expierence and take a proper humping......then the management will be slated for lack of foresight.

I'm right behind our team no matter how often they are named England. MON THE BRITS