British Speedway Forum
NIGE9359

Newport Call Offs

OK so that's another planned sunday trip across the Severn (actually under the river as I go by train)that isn't going to happen - what's the reason this time? Good job I've now got wise to these late changes and not prebooked my rail ticket this time

Are there actually going to be any more hornets meetings this season now that there won't be a captive GP audience around the area?

Yes there will be. The Hornets fixtures are being reviewed to avoid running two meetings in two days. We will post updated list as soon as sorted.

Edited by Main Man

Thanks for the info - looking at the wasps fixture list, not many saturdays without a meeting, except the 30th when they're at Leicester.

Maybe I'll have to hassle First Great Western to put on a later last train on a saturday night

Do I assume if Newport are at Leicester, the Newport v Isle of Wight meeting on 31st July will be going ahead? Just need to make plans to attend my first ever meeting at Newport, book time off etc etc!

Do I assume if Newport are at Leicester, the Newport v Isle of Wight meeting on 31st July will be going ahead? Just need to make plans to attend my first ever meeting at Newport, book time off etc etc!

Newport are at Leicester on the Sat night and home to the Lions on Fri night. IOW at home is on the Sunday

OK. All I really wanted to know is that the IOW fixture is going ahead and isn't one of those being re-arranged?