British Speedway Forum

I thought as much.

Hence my withdrawal from this forum.

From the second I was born, I was named after a speedway rider (Greg Kentwell) of Halifax.

I always found speedway people to be friendly. Until today.

You, today, with your arrogance, have wholly ruined the myth to me that speedway people are a good bunch.

A sad day indeed.

Enjoy your goading and baiting and trolling.

A Yorkshireman with no sense of humour? :blink:

From the second I was born, I was named after a speedway rider (Greg Kentwell) of Halifax.

I always found speedway people to be friendly. Until today.

You, today, with your arrogance, have wholly ruined the myth to me that speedway people are a good bunch.

A sad day indeed.

Enjoy your goading and baiting and trolling.

The easiest way to read the forum without having to put up with the resident hyena pack is to put the Offensive Ones on 'Ignore', Greg.

They'll still carry on throwing manure all over the place, but at least you don't have to put up with it, plus if anything really cheeses a Troll off, it's being ignored. :approve: You only have to see how quickly they respond to realise that. :rofl:

A Yorkshireman with no sense of humour? :blink:

Completely got me there Squally fella.. but I didn't even realise 'a funny' had been fired in at me!!

I'll have to set my 'comedy filter' down to the lowest level, to spot substandard attempts at it. My bad. :blink:

I should be fine then. :wink:

Completely got me there Squally fella.. but I didn't even realise 'a funny' had been fired in at me!!

I'll have to set my 'comedy filter' down to the lowest level, to spot substandard attempts at it. My bad. :blink:

I should be fine then. :wink:

You just need to have it on the dry humour setting that's all. Unless you have one of those cheap senses of humour like BFF's with just the one setting, then you're screwed I'm afraid.

Edited by ImpartialOne

Just ahead? Think you'll find in the two big leagues, Sweden and Poland, Batchelor is a different class to Tai.

And on 2011 form alone in the British EL, Batchelor is almost a full point ahead of Tai (0.90 to be precise).

Batchelor is a far better rider than Tai, at the moment. Will Tai ever become a better rider than Troy? Who knows. But ATM, Batchelor is by some distance a better rider.

As has been discussed elsewhere, averages dont just tell the picture.

Tai is streets ahead on the WTC/GP stage. So i have to disagree that troy is a far better rider.

If we ONLY look at this year in isolation, you may indeed have a point. However if Woofy has a storming WTC then that must factor in just how better Troy is overall.

As ive said before, the averages tell ONLY one side of a story (a big side i grant you, but still only one side).

Edited by stevebrum

Of course Batch was told to come in 3rd,the only prob he had was deciding how to to it,(i dont think he wanted to do it-he was told or persuded)

a quote from batch "the team told me i either had to win or come 3rd so we could play the joker in the next race.it was a bit embarassing to be beaten by the german but that's the way it was"

peterborough E.T

a quote from batch "the team told me i either had to win or come 3rd so we could play the joker in the next race.it was a bit embarassing to be beaten by the german but that's the way it was"

peterborough E.T

He should have won the race then! :nono:

Tai is streets ahead on the WTC/GP stage. So i have to disagree that troy is a far better rider.

How can you say that? Neither have done anything of note on the WTC/GP stage!

Troy Batchelor has never rode a GP because he didn't get a wildcard unlike Tai in 2010, although Tai was a backmarker in the series.

Here are what Tai Woffiden and Troy Batchelor scored in round 2 of the 2010 SWC at Kings Lynn.

AUSTRALIA

1. Chris Holder - 3, 2, 3, 2, 2 = 12

2. Davey Watt - 3, 2, 3, 2, 1 = 11

3. Troy Batchelor - 3, 1, 3, 2, 2 = 11

4. Rory Schlein - 2, FX, 1, 2, 1 = 6

5. Darcy Ward - 2, 3, 1, 1, 1 = 8

GREAT BRITAIN

1. Scott Nicholls - 2, 3, 3, 3, 3 = 14

2. Lee Richardson - 1, 2, 2, 2, 3 = 10

3. Tai Woffinden - 2, FX, 2, 3, 0 = 7

4. Simon Stead - 3, 2, 1, 1, X = 7

5. Chris Harris - 3, 3, 3, 1, 3 = 13

In the heat they met...

Heat 03: Batchelor, Woffinden, Lindback, Hautamaki.

Line Up: Hautamaki, Batchelor, Woffinden, Lindback

Comments: Batchelor powers round Woffinden on bend 2 lap 1 to lead and win comfortably.

Tai streets ahead eh? The only international form from the last two years we can compare them on is this. Troy beat Tai when they met and Troy scored more than Tai.

So, unless I am missing something, how is Tai streets ahead of Troy on the SWC/SGP stage? Had Tai spent a year in the SGP and made a few finals, finished in the top 8 etc, you may have a point. But he was poor and one of the weakest riders in the SGP series since it started. Fact.

I think its time you just admitted Troy is better than Tai looking at it from all angles. The stats are piling up against you Steve.

He should have won the race then! :nono:

ward can't even get past nicki :rofl: so what chance has batch got ;)

Oh FFS if he threw the race he threw the race end of...........if he didn't then it was a genuine error.............

I have never thought of Batch as a world class rider...........net even when he rode for Poole did I rate him........he is to me very much an illusionist............under the illusion that he is better than he really is..........

I would rather see Davy Watt or Cory Gathercole(or the likes of being given a chance) in the Aussie side to be honest.........at least Davy has GP experience and knows how to beat the best rather than be falling out with a former world champion (allegedly) every 5 minutes..........

RP

He's said so himself now, it seems.What an odd way of deliberately finishing last.