British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TMW

Colts V Heathens

Hyderoad get real. Armstrong was actin in the interest of safety for is young team mates. One goin to hospital on spinal board. Morris with bad shiulder n newman hurtin is elbow, so get a grip thats not sulkin thats thinkin of ur team mates. The track was awful, n it was just dudley riders fallin off.

And it was not just dudley riders fallin off was it

Hyderoad get real. Armstrong was actin in the interest of safety for is young team mates. One goin to hospital on spinal board. Morris with bad shiulder n newman hurtin is elbow, so get a grip thats not sulkin thats thinkin of ur team mates. The track was awful, n it was just dudley riders fallin off.

And it was not just dudley riders fallin off was it

err pretty much yes...only belle vue riders that fell were mason in heat 1 and bekker slid off in heat 9 nothing to do with track at that point. compared to 6 dudley riders thats not including heat 7.

Edited by Hyderoad99

Don`t think the track was as dangerous as is being made out.The belle Vue riders were quite happy to carry on racing.If all of the riders agreed the track was dangerous and unrideable,then no question it should have been stopped.But they did`nt.I just hope Tom Perry is ok,it was a bad one.

err pretty much yes...only belle vue riders that fell were mason in heat 1 and bekker slid off in heat 9 nothing to do with track at that point. compared to 6 dudley riders thats not including heat 7.

Your such an expert, how many times have you raced at Kirky lane? I've asked twice now!

first of all and most importantly best wishes go out to perry morris and newman

now there is some daft comments on here by fans that wasnt there, people may say im going to be biased towards belle vue, maybe i will but i will try give an honest opionion so sorry if it offends anyone.

tonight showed how bad speedway in britain as come, british riders have always been known to love a bit of dirt as were not the best gaters, tonight the track was grippy, not to grippy but because tracks around the country are so slick now riders seem to struggle with grippy tracks as there to use to slick tracks that are easy to ride, the riders that were attacking the tracks diddnt have a problem, just the ones who were shutting of into the bends.

off course riders safety is paramount but tonight diddnt put any riders lifes at risk, was just the way certain riders were riding it, i will say though i think NL racing should be on slick tracks to help the lesser inexperianced riders handle tracks better, its just a shame that its come to this.

the curfew at belle vue is 10:30 BTW

at least the dudley fans were fighting amongst themselves this year rather than with oppisite fans so, apart from that they were well behaved from what i saw

i wont comment on jon armstrong, i diddnt agree with him but thats his opinion and he knows more than me as i never raced a speedway bike

Curfew is 10.30 at Belle Vue.

So why not run heat 13?

Well richardson cudnt ride the track cud he. My point then wasnt just dudley riders fallin off

Err actually Scott could ride the track,he scored 2 plus a bonus in his first ride,2 plus bonus second ride,1 point third ride,2 plus bonus fourth ride.Paid ten points from a reserve,his riding speaks for itself really.

was the track ideal for national league racing tonight.....no, it was bit too grippy to start with

was the track dangerous as those on here making out.....NO

you had to attack the track... thats was riders like howarth, garrity, mckinna, perry were doing and had no problem. hope perry is ok by the way... nasty crash... hope the trip to hospital is just a precaution.

the riders that were shutting off the throttle going into the bend we getting into the difficulty

the problem then was jon armstrong... a rider of his experience should have been riding track like that no problem... but he poisoned the other dudley riders with his negative attitude... glad the other dudley riders came out leaving armstrong to sulk.

I have to disagree with you regarding the track, At this level of racing when you have four young inexperienced riders who have more enthusiasm than track craft (and i don't mean to be derogatory with this remark) you can not let them loose on a track like that and not expect someone to have an accident. There was simply to much dirt in places that had not been bedded down and when you then add riders with limited craft, then you are asking for trouble.

I echo your sentiments regarding Tom Perry who seemed to fair better than most in his opening ride, probably due to his extensive grasstrak upbringing.

As for your, what i would regard juvenile comment about the Dudley Captain, Jon Armstrong. When a rider of his experience at this level of racing says that the track is in his opinion, Dangerous, then his younger team mates would do well to take his advice! As it was, his advice was spot on, the track was to dangerous for speedway at this or IMO any level. You even said it yourself

I've seen the great Ole Olsen kick up a right fuss about tracks that were nowhere near half as bad as Belle Vue's was tonight. He would not of turned a wheel had he been there tonight!

Edited by liverpool chad

So why not run heat 13?

was always going to be abandoned at heat 12, means there was a result and with it being 10:22 there was no point riding heat 13 when jon armstrong wouldnt ride and newman withdrew

I see where ur coming from there mart but wasnt hard was it. First two rides he was in, we didnt av a finisher, 3rf ride he beat ritchings n is last beat portwood. Anyway i hope perry is ok. All the best to him

I see where ur coming from there mart but wasnt hard was it. First two rides he was in, we didnt av a finisher, 3rf ride he beat ritchings n is last beat portwood. Anyway i hope perry is ok. All the best to him

Only Just got back from the meeting.

I hope Perry is ok and wish all the lads a speedy recovery from any injuries they picked up tonight.

I can't comment on the track as I am not qualified or experienced in speedway to make any judgement calls on that matter, however I would like to think the referee is and once he called the track fit to race then that should be the end of the matter.

The individual riders can still make their own personal decision whether they want to withdraw themselves from the meet and some exercised that right.

The lads from Dudley who came to the gate after the referees decision got a brilliant reception, every extra lap they completed added to their experience and it showed what a passion they hold for the sport.

was always going to be abandoned at heat 12, means there was a result and with it being 10:22 there was no point riding heat 13 when jon armstrong wouldnt ride and newman withdrew

the sad thing is that there are clubs hell bent on getting to twelve heats before anything is solved, this smacks of two things, first the bother of having a new date for a rerun, sod the conditions just get twelve heats out the way, sod the riders and the fans..home fans as well as travellers, how many who went tonight will want to go back there ? this should have been a good meeting between two good sides but was a farce, i will wait patiently for when belle vue release a statement saying no more colts due to lack of interest from fans.