British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TMW

Colts V Heathens

From the BSPA Website;

KYLE Howarth will lead Belle Vue Colts on a revenge mission when they face National League title rivals Dudley at Kirkmanshulme Lane tomorrow (Wednesday) night (8 0).

The local lad from Ashton was recovering from a collarbone injury and missed the home Knockout Cup defeat by the Black Country side.

The Colts paid a high price for Howarths absence as they collected only two points from his programmed rides and he is top of the averages under the new July averages after hitting the ten-point mark.

He rides at No 1 with Adam McKinna and captain Byron Bekker forming a new partnership in a shuffled line-up.

Graham Goodwin, the Colts joint manager, said: This is going to be our biggest match of the season. We want revenge for the cup defeat and we can't afford to slip up at home because things are getting very tight at the top of the table.

Hackney leapfrogged both us and Dudley to go top due to a big home win on Friday and then taking maximum points at Buxton on Sunday.

It is a big bonus to have Kyle back. We put too much pressure on ourselves last time and that caused us to throw away silly points with falls and mistakes. This time we want to get back to our usual style of riding with a smile and enjoying our racing, while still giving 100 per cent.

Dudley have made two changes since their cup visit, with Richard Franklin and Danny Stoneman dropping out of the side to be replaced by Brendan Johnson and Adam Portwood.

Franklin has been told to rest for at least a month after aggravating a knee injury so Dudley have snapped up Johnson, who has just been released from the Isle of Wight. Portwood, 16, has been released by Mildenhall to make way for Cameron Heeps.

Belle Vue Colts: 1 K Howarth average 10.00, 2 K Mason 4.72, 3 A McKinna 6.45, 4 B Bekker © 7.14, 5 J Garrity 8.11, 6 C Widman 3.00, 7 S Richardson 4.48.

Dudley Heathens: 1 J Armstrong © 8.61, 2 D Ritchings 4.59, 3 T Perry 5.53, 4 A Morris 8.00, 5 K Newman 8.13, 6 A Portwood 3.00, 7 B Johnson 4.31.

Edited by TMW

The Colts should be well placed to gain revenge here - Kyle will score more than two that the R/R got in the first meeting between the teams and Byron will ride better now without having the pressure of the Number 1 race jacket. Add to this that Richard Franklin, who scored heavily in the first leg for Dudley, is missing, well, I reckon that tips the balance in favour of the Colts. If the Colts are all on song, I am hoping they can win this by ten points. C'mon the Colts. :approve:

The Colts should be well placed to gain revenge here - Kyle will score more than two that the R/R got in the first meeting between the teams and Byron will ride better now without having the pressure of the Number 1 race jacket. Add to this that Richard Franklin, who scored heavily in the first leg for Dudley, is missing, well, I reckon that tips the balance in favour of the Colts. If the Colts are all on song, I am hoping they can win this by ten points. C'mon the Colts. :approve:

i hope it pours down and gets called off :lol::lol: if it does,nt rain i hope your all very rusty :lol: if the heathens get a point out of this..i,ll av a pint of this :drink::P Edited by wembley81

Nice day up in Manchester today, don't forget after the moaning last time, all Wednesday meetings at Belle Vue start at 8.00pm due to greyhounds not finishing till 6.30.

This potentially looks like an entertaining meeting so I will be coming over.

Forecast looks good and its not that far away (about 30 minutes door to door) but I'd appreciate a weather update about 6pm if that's possible.

Brendan Johnson seems an adequate replacement for Franklin(on last nights showing)...Adam Portwood however is no replacement for Stoneman.

Forecast looks good and its not that far away (about 30 minutes door to door) but I'd appreciate a weather update about 6pm if that's possible.

Currently sunny, just partly cloudy, no problems at all.

Bad luck if you went.

I sincerely hope the BSPA launch an inquiry into what's happened tonight. And if the Heathens are found at fault for some riders not taking their place in races then so-be-it. But it seems clear the track was in a poor state and that the meeting only went on long enough to get a result. It was stated on Updates that there was a 10pm curfew but they raced on until nearly half past and then called it off after 12 heats due to the curfew. What price riders' safety?

Having read various comments about the state of the track, the number of accidents and the curfew being broken, the ref seems to have overstepped their authority on safety and the local law! Curfews are put in place by local councils and they are a planning condition, this has been abused and can potetionaly revoke the stadium licence. The scb need to make refs accountable for their over inflated opinions of themselves and what is right in law and not in their god like hands!!!!

Should have been abandoned after Heat 7, but no.....a farcial result. Hope Heathens put in a complaint & BV fined.