British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PhilK

Mildenhall V Isle Of Wight - Sunday 17th July

Thought there may have been a thread started for this meeting by now!

Possibly the Fen Tigers biggest meeting to date this season, a lead of 16 - 20 points would set up the 2nd leg nicely, and hopefully be enough to see us through to face the Stoke Potters in the final.

Team lines up

MILDENHALL FEN TIGERS

1 Lewis Blackbird 7.02

2 Mark Baseby 6.93

3 Daniel Halsey 5.28

4 Joe Jacobs 5.79

5 Jack Hargreaves © 6.90

6 Aaron Baseby 5.10

7 Cameron Heeps 3.00

Team Manager: Robert Henry

ISLE OF WIGHT ISLANDERS

1. Nick Simmons © 9.06

2. Gary Cotham 4.24

3. Danny Warwick 7.41

4. Rob Smith 6.22

5. R/R (Paul Starke) 6.22

6. Nick Laurence 3.00

7. Luke Chessell 3.42

Team Managers: Chris Hunt and Kevin Shepherd

The 2nd leg is on Tuesday on the Island, hope to see a number of Fen Tigers supporters there :cheers:

What time does it start?

Providing we dont get too much rain tomorrow then todays soaking should help make for a good track. Looking forward to some more speedway after the 3 week break, hopefully a good crowd again and it will be interesting to see how the new look 1 - 7 perform at West Row.

My family and friends are looking forward to this meeting after 2 long a 3 week break. Its difficult to have any momentum with such a long break. Expect Mildenhall to win but not by the 61 - 33 (I think it was) they did last time. Be closer this time without Martin Brundle although Im sure Lewis Blackbird will do a good job at No1. And with the superbly talented Cameron Heeps at reserve have the gem of all riders in the league. I expect a Mildenhall to win by around 14 - 20 points if the weather stays fine, all this poxy rain is getting on our nerves and the track was saturated yesterday (Saturday) so lets keep our fingers crossed for some fantastic action B)

It's off according to the official website.

What a sickener, this is getting serious never known so many meeting off in one month :(

Oh Poo ! I was looking forward to this, a 3 week break was bad enough for me, but for the riders it must be incredibly frustrating not getting regular meetings, and I hope the good crowds we have had this season don't start finding other things to do on a Sunday afternoon, it's all to easy to get out of the habit of going.

Having said all that, thanks for the early call off at least it means no wasted journeys and we can plan other things to do. Lets hope the good ol British summer gets its finger out some time soon.