British Speedway Forum
Jez

2012 Grand Prix Dates

I thought you get in for free?

LOL!!

Fancy doing 2 abroad GP's next year! Any more news on date Phillip?

LOL!!

Fancy doing 2 abroad GP's next year! Any more news on date Phillip?

SOME dates still being shuffled but anticipate some more confirmations shortly.

SOME dates still being shuffled but anticipate some more confirmations shortly.

Sincerest apologies Philip for cheekily drawing you 'off topic' but any chance of you grabbing a second to input some 'knowledge' in the following thread?

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=66860&st=25

It's a one-off request but as with your magazine you are more times than not likely to have the actual facts on hand. So we could all do with some inside information as i've never seen such a farcical amount of conflicting permutations.

Hope you still around the forums and not ZZZZZ-ing away by now lol.

Vojens will host the penultimate round of the 2012 Grand Prix Series. This is according to Danish Ekstrabladet:

Vojens will host the penultimate round of the 2012 Grand Prix Series. This is according to Danish Ekstrabladet:

FULL calendar announced tomorrow at 8am ...

...Terenzano has another year of its contract to run.

On that note did anyone find out what the REAL reasons the 2nd (of supposedly 3y contracted) German GP in 2008 wans canceled? I was so pssed off standing there in bright sunshine out side a stadium that had a roof!!

I wrote to BSI, alas was sent a reply that may as well been written in mandarin for all the sense it made!

also according to article i mentioned in my previous post.

2012 will be the final year with Grand Prix at Vojens since its exemption from FIA and BSI regulations will expire next year.

I didn't really understand what the exact issue was but it was something that required a re-construction of the arena but the city of Haderslev

do not want to contribute financially so apparently it would mean that the track after 2012 no longer would be able to host Grand Prix's / SWC events.

Edited by Ghostwalker

31/03/2012 NEW ZEALAND SGP

28/04/2012 LESZNO SGP

12/05/2012 PRAGUE SGP

26/05/2012 ULLEVI SGP

09/06/2012 COPENHAGEN SGP

23/06/2012 GORZOW SGP

28/07/2012 CROATIAN SGP

11/08/2012 ITALIAN SGP

25/08/2012 CARDIFF SGP

08/09/2012 MALILLA SGP

22/09/2012 VOJENS SGP

06/10/2012 TORUN SGP

07/07/2012 SWC BYDGOSZCZ

09/07/2012 SWC KINGS LYNN

12/07/2012 SWC MALILLA

14/07/2012 SWC MALILLA

Has Mallila really changed to Tuesday 28 August (3 days after Cardiff)? Although this is on the official GP website it isn't always accurate or reliable hence the reason for my question.

http://www.speedwayworld.tv/event/speedwaygp-2012-malilla

According to ballinger's post above yours it's on 8th September. It must be an error on SGP site as there's no way it would be scheduled for a Tuesday.

According to ballinger's post above yours it's on 8th September. It must be an error on SGP site as there's no way it would be scheduled for a Tuesday.

It was also originally on the SGP website as 8 September (and still is in some places) but they then changed it in part to 28 August. Given the past record of this particular website I'm sure it's a mistake though and no doubt they will correct it back to the original date soon!