British Speedway Forum
Conkers

Ice Racing Results From Weekend

Guest Jawaeso2003

Hi Girls & Guys,

I see you have been discussing me...Can i introduce myself...yes its Rob Irving!!!

Hi Shazzybird, I had to chuckle to myself as i was having this conversation with Lee John at work, a couple of weeks ago, i think that is who your friend is and i think also that you are related to Ted H? if that is the case then Ted & J know me very well...

Yes, i am still doing Ice Speedway at 49 and enjoying myself. In November, i purchased a new frame from Tjitte Bootsma whilst in Sweden training which is a blessing after the bike i was riding before, and i think that the latest results will show that i am doing fairly well. This year will make my 20th in Ice Speedway, being the longest serving of the Brits competing, but it consumes a lot of money and we dont get any sponsorship, so making it a very hit and miss sport at times, however, this year, for me at least is proving to be very enjoyable.

Its true that i havnt been in all of the rounds in the Swedish league as yet, Hedemora being the only one so far, the meeting in Uppsala was cancelled on the same weekend and due to work commitments has made it difficult for me, however, i was in Flims last weekend in the re-arranged meeting, origionally in the Swiss Championship but then concurrently in the Golden Spikes meeting being held at the same time, in place of Sergei Kazakov, scoring 4 in the S.championship and 5 in the G.spikes, 12th and 13th places respectively. I could have travelled to St.Johann the following day and also taken part in the meetings that are being held this weekend but again, it is proving difficult in getting time off and not being paid for it hits the pocket...

I am due to ride in the re-arranged meeting in Uppsala on the 20th, Gavle on the 21st and in Bolnas on the 22nd of this month, hopefully we wont have any more cancellations...Well, i hope this clears up any questions that you may still be asking but do feel free to e-mail me at any time.....Take care..Rob.

Hi Rob,

so who will be the Brits in Assen then? (Apart from Graham obviously).

If you are there I will need photos of you, so get those leathers clean!

If you speak to Roger and Mark send them my regards

Ian

Hiya Rob

Thanks for confirming it is you, I was talking to Tony in the pub and said I would ask on the speedway forum about the Ice Speedway as this really isn't something that I have followed, told Chalkie and that lads that I had asked because if it wasn't you they were gonna dunk you in the river. LJ did say that he had seen a few photos, I'll pop down the mill and have a gander at them one day if you don't mind. I did see an Ice Speedway bike when I went to Rye last year for the 75th anniversary of our beloved sport and how you lot ride them I'll never know you either have guts or no brain with them spikes :shock:

Yes TedH is my Uncle and as you can tell from various postings throughout the forum I was and still am very proud of him, he's not just an Uncle he's also my best friend (next to my dad of course, well....... he bails me out more!!)

Will be following your results through the forum now. Maybe someday I make it to an Ice Speedway meeting and cheer you on, perhaps we can have a works outing with the lads from the mill project. :wink:

I've received the first day results from the two Semi Finals held in Sweden and Russia.

Lukovishy (RUS)

1. Stanislav Archipov (RUS) 15

2. Dmitrij Bulankin (RUS) 14

3. Juri Polikarpov (RUS) 11

4. Maxim Zacharaov (RUS) 11

5. Vitali Komicevich (RUS) 10

6. Alexander Balashov (RUS) 9

7. Franz Zorn (A) 9

8. Junir Bazeev (RUS) 9

9. Maxim Baraboshkin (RUS) 8

10. Stefan Pletschacher (D) 6

11. Antonin Klatovsky jr. (CZ) 5

12. Markus Skabraut (A) 4

13. Ulf Engenström (S) 4

14. Tommy Flyktmann (S) 2

15. Jimmy Flyktmann (S) 2

16. Raimo Henriksson (FIN) 1

Örnsköldsvik (S)

1. Guenther Bauer (D) 13

2. Vladimir Lumpov (RUS) 13

3. Posa Serenius (S) 12

4. Ivan Ivanov (RUS) 12

5. Nikolai Krasnikov (RUS) 12

6. Antti Aakko (FIN) 11

7. Robert Eibl (D) 9

8. Kyril Drogalin (RUS) 9

9. Stefan Svensson (S) 6

10. Tjitte Bootsma (NL) 5

11. Tomas Ekström (S) 5

12. Tommy Björklin (S) 5

13. Jonny Tuinstra (NL) 3

14. Seppo Klemetillä (FIN) 2

15. Mikael Persson (S) 2

16. Marian Kreklau (D) 1

Looks like the Russians are dominant once again, but is this going to be Gunther Bauers Year????