British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
greyhoundp

Fixture List

Here we go again, Its now the 3rd week into July, and we have some teams who have only ridden 6 league meetings, Newport 3 home meetings, Stoke 3 home meetings, Dudley 4 home meetings, i predict here and now some teams wont complete their League fixtures,bcuz for some teams less meetings they run, then less money they will lose. Speedway in general has now become stop start, stop start, not good bcuz once fans find something else to do,its difficult to get them back.

Edited by greyhoundp

Here we go again, Its now the 3rd week into July, and we have some teams who have only ridden 6 league meetings, Newport 3 home meetings, Stoke 3 home meetings, Dudley 4 home meetings, i predict here and now some teams wont complete their League fixtures,bcuz for some teams less meetings they run, then less money they will lose. Speedway in general has now become stop start, stop start, not good bcuz once fans find something else to do,its difficult to get them back.

The same applies to my local club, Swindon. No meeting for 3 weeks, but every meeting they run at a loss. They lost £154,000 last year, when crowds were higher than this season. People probably find other things to do.

There are certainly a lot fewer meetings in the National League to sustain interest.

The gaps between fixtures is frustrating - last year in the PL, weather permitting there was a meeting every week - this year only 2 meetings in June with 3 weeks between them- both KOC's - and so far only 1 meeting in July.

When is the cut off ? - got to hope we don't get a rainy August !

I can understand the feeder/ 2nd teams avoiding fixtures due to losses - but those clubs where it's the sole team - surely they aren't avoiding fixtures ?

Edited by ChubbyCheshire

what price non of the leagues completing all there meetings

i agree just got back off holiday and no meetings again at Buxton.I and others will find something eles to do on a sunday i know its not the clubs fault but this years fixtures are bobbins.Surely the stand alone clubs could run a sheild or trophy to fill the gaps people like there speedway fix every week.not once or twice a month.Get it sorted or speedway will loose even more fans as they find new interest. :angry:

Edited by bw double