British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tarabanko

Team Em Semifinal 1, U19 Saturday 6 August 17.00, Smedstadion, Eskilstuna

I cant see the situation changing anytime soon sadly, i read recently that some ex and experienced riders and people in the know said that the next "emil" or world champion prob hasnt even been born yet for England... can only agree with this tbh.Im told the top scorer for us was well happy with scoring 5 points from 5 rides... so that says the aspirations of one or two of the guys aswell.The body here need put way more effort in to try match the others but cant help but think some may need reality check

For everyones information I can assure you Britains top scorer was not well happy with only scoring 5 points, but was well happy that because everyone thought he shouldnt be out there that he was the top scorer and may silence a few critical people on here, also on this occasion the £250 from the BSPA was received by the riders before they went. People who post on here are fully entitled to their opinions but please dont post things you have heard as most of the time it probably wont be true.

As Neil posted earlier all the boys need track time but more importantly for someone like Brendan is help with engine set ups from experienced people, it took someone from the Danish squad chatting to Brendan who told us to change jetting before his last ride which did help as he was against all the meetings top scorers and finished third nearly pippng second.

I believe all of the boys that went on this trip did so because they were proud to fly the British flag and to gain invaluable experience, I honestly believe that all the boys did the best they could on the day.

thats my only posting on this topic but if you want to know anything regarding how Brendan or I feel please come up and have a chat when we come to your track.

Dave Johnson

For everyones information I can assure you Britains top scorer was not well happy with only scoring 5 points, but was well happy that because everyone thought he shouldnt be out there that he was the top scorer and may silence a few critical people on here, also on this occasion the £250 from the BSPA was received by the riders before they went. People who post on here are fully entitled to their opinions but please dont post things you have heard as most of the time it probably wont be true.

As Neil posted earlier all the boys need track time but more importantly for someone like Brendan is help with engine set ups from experienced people, it took someone from the Danish squad chatting to Brendan who told us to change jetting before his last ride which did help as he was against all the meetings top scorers and finished third nearly pippng second.

I believe all of the boys that went on this trip did so because they were proud to fly the British flag and to gain invaluable experience, I honestly believe that all the boys did the best they could on the day.

thats my only posting on this topic but if you want to know anything regarding how Brendan or I feel please come up and have a chat when we come to your track.

Dave Johnson

As Brits living in Sweden we took our Union Jack and went to cheer on the British Team. It was good to see a British team for the first time in the EM U19 as they proudly rode for their country. They all rode really well and battled to the finish line. The experience can only be to their advantage. We thoroughly enjoyed the meeting. Well done boys.

Edited by Mrs mark246

imo the biggest problem for British speedway is that you don't seem to have the possibility to arrange kids/youth speedway,

My team Smederna (and most other Swedish teams) arrange various forms if youth speedway.

In Smedernas case they arrange a Speedway school for kids/youth between 5 and 15,

This means that a 19 y.o. Swedish rider can have been riding speedway for almost one and half decade or at least 8-10 years,

I think this is why Sweden/Denmark/Poland/Australia keeps producing talents. While Britain that doesn't have this possibility it is starting to get

more and more clear that there aren't really that many talents coming trough.

One of the coolest things I've ever seen on a speedway track is when Jimmy Janssons eldest child on a small micro speedway bike exited

the pit entrance on the back strait and drove up the starting line, stopped and then started to kick with the foot, just like the big boys do. :D :D :D

Imo this is how you get the kids into speedway, you get them hooked while they are young. ;)