British Speedway Forum

Dear oh dear.

And the Coventry fans have the cheek to call Poole cheats, I remember the time when they ripped into Madsen for using one abroad, well its all coming back to haunt them now :D

Couldnt happen to a nicer team :cheers:

I fail to see how kennet doing it makes the entire coventry team cheats...

How has madsen come back to haunt them? There are plenty of people who called for kennets blood as quickly as the coventry fans did for madsen. Kennett did it, it's not fair to be happy that the entire team has been brought into disrepute because of one man's mistake.

Edited by FlyHighBee

Will other bikes in his possession be checked ? although probably evidence long gone

No need to. It is only the bike that was used and then examined that can be illegal. Any other bike is not technically illegal unless used, or tried to be used, in competition.

I fail to see how kennet doing it makes the entire coventry team cheats...

How has madsen come back to haunt them? There are plenty of people who called for kennets blood as quickly as the coventry fans did for madsen. Kennett did it, it's not fair to be happy that the entire team has been brought into disrepute because of one man's mistake.

Come on. Surely you can see the 'irony' of this matter. :lol:

Strange that Mr King was on site on Saturday evening, was 'something in the air' ? I guess he will be at several tracks in the course of the next few days but after this I doubt he will find anything. Too many really good riders have not been scoring their usual quota of points this season !! Perhaps things may alter now. I do hope he will be on the International scene as well ??

Edited by Cornishfisherman

Come on. Surely you can see the 'irony' of this matter. :lol:

Poole rider cheats.

Coventry rider cheats.

Steve Shovlar often claims that Poole are the moral guardians of British Speedway.

Poole did nothing.

Coventry have already condemned Eddie and we'll wait and see what they do.

Yes, hugely ironic that the moral guardians turned a blind eye! :rolleyes:

.....Bigfatdave......

Quite right, orion; there's been far worse posted against Steve and Poole than we've seen on this thread.

Goodonya for removing the offending post, Steve; now in all fairness and as a favour to Forum Admin everyone who quoted it should remove their posts as well, but of course we know that won't happen.

You're assuming Steve had the decency to remove his post. Perhaps it was taken off by Phil. :unsure: I can't imagine Steve being scared off by a few posts saying he could be sued. :lol:

Edited by Gemini

.....Speedway has become a joke.....lack of morals.....lack of integraty.....lack of honour

...the supporters are short changed.....being charged premier prices and recieving a half arsed product....

.... :nono:

So don`t go then, it`s been that way for years get over it :rolleyes:

Strange that Mr King was on site on Saturday evening, was 'something in the air' ? I guess he will be at several tracks in the course of the next few days but after this I doubt he will find anything. Too many really good riders have not been scoring their usual quota of points this season !! Perhaps things may alter now. I do hope he will be on the International scene as well ??

Strange that Mr. King was on site where on Saturday evening ??????

I heard someone talk about this at Leicester today and I had to take a look at BSPA site on my phone. I couldnt believe someone like Kennett would be so stupid in doing something like this. :angry:

Good on Coventry for the statement they released earlier, I thought it was spot on. I think the book needs to be thrown at Kennett now. :angry:

No need to. It is only the bike that was used and then examined that can be illegal. Any other bike is not technically illegal unless used, or tried to be used, in competition.

not even if used previously ? hard to beleive a proffessional rider would have a bike and not intend to use it sometime. presumably it would be set up to his requirements. I think my point is if he was found to have other doctored kit then that would put a different light on this incident possibly being a "one off"

not even if used previously ? hard to beleive a proffessional rider would have a bike and not intend to use it sometime. presumably it would be set up to his requirements. I think my point is if he was found to have other doctored kit then that would put a different light on this incident possibly being a "one off"

Any bike found 'illegal', could be argued that he had only used it in practice rather than a meeting.

MY knowledge is admittedly very limited, but as I understand it because of the restrictions within the silencers they are prone to get very hot (one of the early complaints) and that can lead to some colour distortion but that doesn't necessarily mean to say they are illegal or have been tampered with.

If the silencer has been deliberately taken apart and modified in such a way that the engine runs more freely at the bottom end and is therefore more effective from the start and exiting the first corner (crucial in any race) that is something else. Those I have spoken to say that most likely evidence of this is the noise factor ... they would obviously be noisier than those introduced this year. But it would also be a laborious and skilful exercise to make such adjustments and to disguise the fact that the silencer had been taken apart and then welded back together.

The statement from the SCB that after Mr King had inspected the King silencer, he said that "it had been tampered with illegally". I'm sure he could tell whether or not that had happened.

Sorry I don't agree!

If athletes are found to have taken drugs to enhance performance they are banned for a lot longer than 7 days.

If the silencer has been deliberately tampered with it was done to enhance performance, same thing in my eyes!

Agreed. Whether it's drugs or a silencer that's been tampered with illegally, it is cheating.

I agree with this...it should be Dave King taking it apart as he would know how it should look - and hopefully did look when it left his workshop. However it should be done with an independent scrutineer overseeing the process imho.

It was! Read the statement again.