British Speedway Forum

I sincerely hope this is not the last we'll see of Eddie Kennett. Clearly cheating can't be overlooked, but it would be a huge waste if this is the end of his career.

I think this is the best for all concerned. Ed can go off and do his own thing now and then come back next season when it's all hopefully blown over.

By standing down he has at least some integrity.

agreed

If it's ed out and whoever in what's eds average gonna be?? Surly not his current average. If so Coventry would have gained from eds false average.

Why would Kennett's average be false? His points from the only meeting he can be proved to have ridden on an illegal silenced have been struck from the record.

If it's ed out and whoever in what's eds average gonna be?? Surly not his current average. If so Coventry would have gained from eds false average.

what so you think they should reduce him to a 3 average and respectively add to the averages of every rider he's raced against this season?

Very surprised about this, perhaps he was given an indication that Tuesday's hearing wasn't going to go well - unsurprising given the constituency of the SCB committee.

Has there been any official announcement as to whom exactly will be sitting in judgment on the SCB Tribunal? :unsure:

what so you think they should reduce him to a 3 average and respectively add to the averages of every rider he's raced against this season?

No - simply allow Coventry the same as whatever his 2011 starting average was, as that is proveably achieved using the correct silencer.

Very surprised about this, perhaps he was given an indication that Tuesday's hearing wasn't going to go well - unsurprising given the constituency of the SCB committee.

@Aces51 - would you be impressed by his integrity if he confirmed that Lakeside was the only meeting that silencer was used in?

No, the bloke has cheated. I am not interested with regard to his nationality or his club. Whether he rode with it in 1 meeting or all season. The rules have been transgressed. That is why we have rules/laws in life and there are consequences where these are broken. This can be proved unlike average manipulation or any other type of cheating that has possibly gone on over the years. Whoever is responsible, be it the mechanic or Team Kennett buck stops with Eddie.

I would like to think Kennett will not be lost to the sport, which is a good thing. He is a talented rider, however, he needs to be made an example of and heavier bans should be dished out for riders subsequently caught out.

Cheats should not prosper.

I hope those connected with hounding out of British speedway one of the country's brightest talents are proud of themselves this morning

The only person who isnt and shouldnt be proud this morning is Ed himself.

It isnt like any of the forum users encouraged him or his team to cheat.

Lets keep it real who is the guilty party - certainly not forum users who are responding to the FACTS as we know them.

The only person who isnt and shouldnt be proud this morning is Ed himself.

It isnt like any of the forum users encouraged him or his team to cheat.

Lets keep it real who is the guilty party - certainly not forum users who are responding to the FACTS as we know them.

Kennett says he was unaware and holder says he was injured last night these are the facts, personally i can't differentiate between the two.

As Wendy says his average from the start of this season should be used if not it will open up a can of worms. Example. Next season Eastbourne could give timo a bike with an oversized engine get him banging in max's when he is caught get him to resign and replace him with gollob.

With all due respect, that's rubbish. If you can prove he was riding an illegal bike all season then I'm sure the SCB would like to hear from you. As it is, you - or anybody else- can't. And Eastbourne doing that would mean Bob paying out money, never gonna happen.

No, the bloke has cheated. I am not interested with regard to his nationality or his club. Whether he rode with it in 1 meeting or all season. The rules have been transgressed. That is why we have rules/laws in life and there are consequences where these are broken. This can be proved unlike average manipulation or any other type of cheating that has possibly gone on over the years. Whoever is responsible, be it the mechanic or Team Kennett buck stops with Eddie.

I would like to think Kennett will not be lost to the sport, which is a good thing. He is a talented rider, however, he needs to be made an example of and heavier bans should be dished out for riders subsequently caught out.

Cheats should not prosper.

You obviously mean 'provable cheats should not prosper'.

Any cheating is cheating. Whether provable or not, the cheat knows he's cheating and that's the important thing. Kennett's transgression is 'provable' because he's a rider. Average manipulation, guests/RR for riders missing because it helps a team's prospects in given matches is down to promoters and that isn't 'provable' - most do it so they prefer to overlook it (or find it 'not proven' when they sit in judgement on one of their own).

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow

What a load of self righteous pompous arses there are on this forum, so keen to land a keyboard club vs club knock, they post aggressive false drivel before any of the facts are proven, giving no thought or consideration to any rider (its Ed on this occassion) feelings or possible innocence.

Why not discuss the sadness of possibly losing one of the brightest stars UK have looked like producing in years, or will this lift your comments to that of normal rational people - its always the same childlike idiots also, and its damned annoying, grow up!

Kennett says he was unaware and holder says he was injured last night these are the facts, personally i can't differentiate between the two.

You are really comparing a rider injured (didnt ride in Sweden or England this week - and had 3 falls Monday) to a rider caught cheating?? :shock:

@Aces51 - would you be impressed by his integrity if he confirmed that Lakeside was the only meeting that silencer was used in?

No. My experience of life tells me that he would be extremely unfortunate if he was caught the first time he used it. I also witnessed his jet propelled starts at BV earlier that same week.

no ones saying he ahsnt cheated, however do really think he was the only one?

your living in a dream world neo if you think so

the sanction has to be hard but fair, knowing that other riders were doing the same