British Speedway Forum

I would respectfully say to yourself and anyone else dragging up the Leon Madsen affair that you are very wrong so to do. That affair has been dealt with and should not be dragged up in an attempt to score cheap shots. It is also not pertinent to the discussion currently taking place.

my point is that last year there was no call for any points from Leon / Poole to be taken away, this is exactly the same as now no other points can be taken off the rider or club.

Problem is certain people just want Coventry punished. :cheers:

Whilst the matter itself is not relevant to this, certain people's reactions to that ARE relevant, not least because they completely contradict the same people's opinions of the current situation!

I must apologise, it is probably my age, but I cannot understand what it is you are trying to say.

Captain Marvel, I am not seeking to defend anyone but the Madsen affair has absolutely no relevance. Anyone resurrecting it in connection with the current case is merely attempting to distract or, as I said above, trying to score cheap shots. It is also wrong to aim any criticism at any club. It is purely the rider who is guilty unless it can be categorically proven that a club condoned the attempt to gain an unfair advantage. If anyone so much as suggests that a club is guilty of without the requisite proof, they are laying themselves open to legal action and that COULD result in the closure of the BSF. My advice is to leave well alone.

I cant remember a coventry rider missing two meetings because they were tired

If you are refering to Chris Holder, yes he stated he was tired but he also has a hand injury.

Tiredness can be a medical problem, I suffered from a problem called "Sleep Apnia", I am not saying that Chris has this but I had to give up driving for a few years. The same would apply to a Speedway rider.

Apart from that, if you were driving on a motorway and a truck crashed into you because the driver was tired you could be hurt or worse, the same applies to Speedway, other riders could get injured.

This thread is about a silencer issue, please stop harping on about Holder. And for your info I am not a Poole supporter.

NB: The part above about motorway driving only applies to you if you are old enough to drive.

Edited by peatbog

If nothing is done Coventry could rompthe league, which is likely anyway, but to most fans it would be a poor hampionship side because of this.

:rofl: so that would be 2011 tainted, 2010, we all know the real winners were Poole. 2007 any comments about that? 2005, actually you can leave out comments about 05 as Belle \Vue fans have said enough about that one....

Edited by Sir Jasper

If you are refering to Chris Holder, yes he stated he was tired but he also has a hand injury.

A hand injury that will be fine this time tomorrow ! quite a few gp riders seem to have 24/48 hour injuries prior to grand prix's.

Tiredness can be a medical problem, I suffered from a problem called "Sleep Apnia", I am not saying that Chris has this but I had to give up driving for a few years. The same would apply to a Speedway rider.

Apart from that, if you were driving on a motorway and a truck crashed into you because the driver was tired you could be hurt or worse, the same applies to Speedway, other riders could get injured.

This thread is about a silencer issue, please stop harping on about Holder. And for your info I am not a Poole supporter.

NB: The part above about motorway driving only applies to you if you are old enough to drive.

Maybe i should start a new topic as poole and tiredness seems to be contagious this time of the year.

For once in my life I find myself in the very rare position of agreeing with Mr Shovlar. :o

If Eddie is found guilty at the tribunal then I would find it very hard to believe that his offence at Lakeside was his first breach of the regulations this season. As such the only sensible course to maintain the integrity of the 2011 Elite League would be to remove his points from all previous meetings raced. Cheating has to be removed from our sport and so the maximum deterrent applied in this case.

This isn't about Coventry v Poole, it's about fair play and if all of Eddie's previous points remain intact then the league is a sham.

For once in my life I find myself in the very rare position of agreeing with Mr Shovlar. :o

If Eddie is found guilty at the tribunal then I would find it very hard to believe that his offence at Lakeside was his first breach of the regulations this season. As such the only sensible course to maintain the integrity of the 2011 Elite League would be to remove his points from all previous meetings raced. Cheating has to be removed from our sport and so the maximum deterrent applied in this case.

This isn't about Coventry v Poole, it's about fair play and if all of Eddie's previous points remain intact then the league is a sham.

Everything is about coventry and poole where mr shovlar is concerned

Maybe i should start a new topic as poole and tiredness seems to be contagious this time of the year.

I'm sure that it was mentioned on Sky on Monday that Holder was tired and over comitted, think they said he planned 13 meetings in as many nights. Poorly organised or greedy?

Edited by bennytheball

Surely next Tuesday's hearing will only deal with the specific meeting and offence? Unless Kennett admits to using the silencer previosly it is unlikely that previous meetings will be affected. it seems unrealistic that every meeting can be reviewed, especially as it would be Kennett's points removed not heats adjusted. It will also penalise him, to leave him with his current average which will be higher than at the start of the season, and make him less attractive when team building following any ban.

I don't think it matters whether this is his first breach of the regs this season or not..

If he hadn't been caught he would certainly have carried on using the silencer for the indefinite future including the play-offs if Coventry get there, so clearly the silencer was going to be used over a number of future matches irrespective of whether it had been used in the past.

The only real issue, it seems is whether the buck stops with him or whether there is any mitigation the argument that he didn't actually know that one of his mechanics did it.

So you'll only accept the truth if it fits your opinion?

Not at all. I evaluate what has been said and in this instance I find it more probable than not that this was not the first time the silencer had been used. If there was evidence that the silencer had only been purchased immediately prior to the Lakeside match then that would be convincing. The evidence of the sacked team member would not.

What I do accept is that he should only be punished for what can be proved and it may be difficult to prove other than what he admits,

Not at all. I evaluate what has been said and in this instance I find it more probable than not that this was not the first time the silencer had been used. If there was evidence that the silencer had only been purchased immediately prior to the Lakeside match then that would be convincing. The evidence of the sacked team member would not.

What I do accept is that he should only be punished for what can be proved and it may be difficult to prove other than what he admits,

reasonable and considered. Fancy giving lessons to some others?

So Kasprzak has turned up with two new silencers at Perry Barr tonight - what a strange coincidence!

Edited by alan_boon