British Speedway Forum
Bryn

Leigh Adams Benefit Meeting

See Below:

GILLMAN SPEEDWAY PRESS RELEASE

FIRST TWO RIDERS NAMED FOR NOVEMBER 26th

The first names have been released for the Speedway Racing News Leigh Adams Benefit meeting to be held at Adelaide's Gillman Speedway in November and they include two of Australia's biggest names on the international scene, Chris Holder and Darcy Ward.

Chris Holder, 23, is the current Australian Champion and World number eight after a successful debut season in the World Championship series in 2010 which included a magnificent victory in the FIM British Grand Prix at Cardiff. This season he has won the Swedish Grand Prix and is seventh in the points but only six points behind defending World Champion Tomasz Gollob who is in third place.

19-year-old Darcy Ward is the current World Under 21 Champion, and one of only two riders to have won the title back-to-back. He currently leads the 2011 series and will be the first rider to win the title three times if he wins this year.

Joining Holder and Ward will be their fellow Poole team-mate and captain, Dave Watt and Eastbourne's Cameron Woodward.

“Hey we are not finished yet” said Gillman Speedway Manager Dave Parker, “I am still in negotiations with three more International Superstars and I am sure that come November 26 we will have one of the strongest fields seen in Australia for some time. I must thank Dave Watt for sorting a lot of the riders out in the UK, it has made our job here a lot easier”.

“The sidecars were arranged ages ago” continued Parker, "and of course we have Australia’s best including current Australian Champion Glenn O’Brien, current World Track Racing Champion Mick Headland, and Australia’s most successful rider of all time Darrin Treloar”.

There will also be a number of past greats attending, like John Titman, Troy Butler and Steve Baker, to name just a few, and Troy's brother Steve will be performing a stunt show as part of the entertainment at what will be a very busy day and night.

There will be one special guest though that everyone will want to see, Leigh Adams, who will be there with his wife Kylie and two children.

Special raffle prizes will be on the table as well with donations from Kelly Brothers Racing (of V8 Supercar fame), Suzuki ASBK Champion Josh Waters and many others.

More updates will appear on the Gillman Speedway web site ( www.gillmanspeedway.com ] as they come to hand, but mark the date, 26 November, in your diaries, and bring a friend to make this night a memorable one for Leigh Adams.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I for one am very much hoping to be present to witness what promises to be a night to remember at Adelaide's Gillman Speedway that I know all involved are working very hard indeed towards ensuring and am posting the above as our well-known "Australian correspondent" tells me he can't contribute personally to the BSF at the moment for some reason or other, not of his making he says!

Fellas... why not just tell your other halves that you're 'just popping out for a pint' and hopefully join me and ladies you can tell yours that you're 'just popping down the road for some shopping'! :wink:

Edited by Bryn

Totally deserved for the ex-Swindon Legend. Bruv who lives in Adelaide will be sending prog from this event.

Totally deserved for the ex-Swindon Legend. Bruv who lives in Adelaide will be sending prog from this event.

Why not pay your "Bruv" a surprise visit and take him to Gillman... or rather let him take you! :wink:

Why not pay your "Bruv" a surprise visit and take him to Gillman... or rather let him take you! :wink:

Love to Bryn, but dont have a spare 2 grand for the airfares at present. Saving up for my 60th. in 5 years for trip to Oz and NZ. :approve:

See Below:

GILLMAN SPEEDWAY PRESS RELEASE

FIRST TWO RIDERS NAMED FOR NOVEMBER 26th

The first names have been released for the Speedway Racing News Leigh Adams Benefit meeting to be held at Adelaide's Gillman Speedway in November and they include two of Australia's biggest names on the international scene, Chris Holder and Darcy Ward.

Chris Holder, 23, is the current Australian Champion and World number eight after a successful debut season in the World Championship series in 2010 which included a magnificent victory in the FIM British Grand Prix at Cardiff. This season he has won the Swedish Grand Prix and is seventh in the points but only six points behind defending World Champion Tomasz Gollob who is in third place.

19-year-old Darcy Ward is the current World Under 21 Champion, and one of only two riders to have won the title back-to-back. He currently leads the 2011 series and will be the first rider to win the title three times if he wins this year.

Joining Holder and Ward will be their fellow Poole team-mate and captain, Dave Watt and Eastbourne's Cameron Woodward.

“Hey we are not finished yet” said Gillman Speedway Manager Dave Parker, “I am still in negotiations with three more International Superstars and I am sure that come November 26 we will have one of the strongest fields seen in Australia for some time. I must thank Dave Watt for sorting a lot of the riders out in the UK, it has made our job here a lot easier”.

“The sidecars were arranged ages ago” continued Parker, "and of course we have Australia’s best including current Australian Champion Glenn O’Brien, current World Track Racing Champion Mick Headland, and Australia’s most successful rider of all time Darrin Treloar”.

There will also be a number of past greats attending, like John Titman, Troy Butler and Steve Baker, to name just a few, and Troy's brother Steve will be performing a stunt show as part of the entertainment at what will be a very busy day and night.

There will be one special guest though that everyone will want to see, Leigh Adams, who will be there with his wife Kylie and two children.

Special raffle prizes will be on the table as well with donations from Kelly Brothers Racing (of V8 Supercar fame), Suzuki ASBK Champion Josh Waters and many others.

More updates will appear on the Gillman Speedway web site ( www.gillmanspeedway.com ] as they come to hand, but mark the date, 26 November, in your diaries, and bring a friend to make this night a memorable one for Leigh Adams.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I for one am very much hoping to be present to witness what promises to be a night to remember at Adelaide's Gillman Speedway that I know all involved are working very hard indeed towards ensuring and am posting the above as our well-known "Australian correspondent" tells me he can't contribute personally to the BSF at the moment for some reason or other, not of his making he says!

Fellas... why not just tell your other halves that you're 'just popping out for a pint' and hopefully join me and ladies you can tell yours that you're 'just popping down the road for some shopping'! :wink:

Holder, Ward, Watt, Woodward is 4, not 2. Bloody Aussies, can't even count to 4 :P

Great Press release :D:approve:

SCB :lol:

Edited by shirlmeister general

Holder, Ward, Watt, Woodward is 4, not 2. Bloody Aussies, can't even count to 4 :P

NO "SCB": :wink: I (NOT anybody else!) deliberately added the "First Two Riders..... " mini-headline to Gillman's press release sent to me from 'The Land Down Under' to see if it would prompt a reaction such as yours, to hopefully make sure people read all the release and then wondered who'd be the first to bite! :rofl:

Congratulations! :cheers:

Confirmed list of riders as at 22 August: Chris Holder (NSW), Darcy Ward (Qld), Dave Watt (Qld), Cameron Woodward (Vic), Tyron Proctor (Vic), Dakota North (Vic), Cory Gathercole (Vic), Justin Sedgmen (Vic), Sam Masters (NSW), Mark Lemon (Vic).

Watch out for a couple of big surprise names to add to the list. In addition we've got the top Aussie Sidecar teams and a fair few blasts from the past to enliven the day, which looks like starting early and finishing late.

Hey Keef, tell your Bro to get up to the top of the new Terracing on Has-beens' Hill to say G'day!

PS Thanks, Brynbach, for keeping everyone up-to-date during my enforced absence.

Confirmed list of riders as at 22 August: Chris Holder (NSW), Darcy Ward (Qld), Dave Watt (Qld), Cameron Woodward (Vic), Tyron Proctor (Vic), Dakota North (Vic), Cory Gathercole (Vic), Justin Sedgmen (Vic), Sam Masters (NSW), Mark Lemon (Vic).

Watch out for a couple of big surprise names to add to the list. In addition we've got the top Aussie Sidecar teams and a fair few blasts from the past to enliven the day, which looks like starting early and finishing late.

Hey Keef, tell your Bro to get up to the top of the new Terracing on Has-beens' Hill to say G'day!

PS Thanks, Brynbach, for keeping everyone up-to-date during my enforced absence.

You been in trouble again ? I thought I had'nt seen your posts for a while

I was lucky enough to get to Gilman speedway track last week although obviously there is no racing, my 11 year old grandson desperately wanted to go there and as my son only lives 5 minutes away it seemed too good an opportunity to miss. We turned up on August 7th for the practice meeting but unfortunately this was cancelled due to the weather, grandson was gutted but spoke to a smashing bloke called Don on the gate and he said he would get us the number of the lady who ran the shop and see if she was opening up at all during our stay. We rang Don the next day and he gave us the number of Elaine who told us when we rang that she would be at the track the following Thursday. We all went down and what a truly wonderful lady Elaine is, grandson now the proud owner of a Gilman shirt, Jason Crump tee shirt, Gilman stubby, photos etc and hubby got a Gilman speedway hat.

I would like to thank Don and Elaine most sincerely for making us so welcome and just wish we were there for Leighs benefit meeting because by all accounts its going to be a cracker

I cannot think of any rider who deserves this more than Leigh. A truly great ambassador for the sport, and a rider that I'm sure all Aussies look up to. Perhaps JC can be persuaded to join in, and I wouldn't mind betting that Johnny Boulger will be there. I hope that it is a tremendous success, and best of luck to al concerned. :cheers:

You been in trouble again ? I thought I had'nt seen your posts for a while

Always in trouble, cuz, it's only the depth that varies. I think it's down to the fact of me being such an honest, upstanding, all-round good guy, some folks just get jealous. :cheers:

Some of my jokes made it on here in my absence, thanks to the twin miracles of Offyafacebook and Texting. :rofl:

Will do BFD, he will be the one with the Robins programme board :cheers:

Good mural of Leigh in action on the wall outside the Rosco-managed Office Wine Bar in Swindon Town Centre. :approve: