British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vog

Dudley V Stoke

Now is not the time for recriminations, bad luck to The Heathens, beaten by an undoutably better team,and well done to Stoke, all i will say it was compounded by the loss of our two reserves, which whilst in NO way would there loss have changed this result, it only went to make the result worse than what it could have be. Yes we have suffered in recent weeks with a loss of form and confidence, and Stoke were the wrong team to be riding against at this time, but we have to carry on, next up we go from riding against the Top of the League to meeting the Bottom of the League in Buxton, this is an oportunity to get some of that lost form and confidence back, and repay some of the faith shown by OUR fantastic supporters. :cheers::drink: Good and better luck next week guys, Ommer um but not by to many 46 - 44 will be fine :wink: get well soon Rich and Danny.

Edited by greyhoundp

To be honest mate I don't think having Rich and Danny all night would have made a great deal of difference to the score anyway. The top 5 only managed two heat wins between them so it's difficult to see where any additional significant points would have come from. I'd still have fancied Stoke to get 60.

Hey-ho, Cradley started in '47 and didn't win a major trophy 'til '79(?) so these lads have already beaten that record. :lol:

To be honest mate I don't think having Rich and Danny all night would have made a great deal of difference to the score anyway. The top 5 only managed two heat wins between them so it's difficult to see where any additional significant points would have come from. I'd still have fancied Stoke to get 60.

Hey-ho, Cradley started in '47 and didn't win a major trophy 'til '79(?) so these lads have already beaten that record. :lol:

Although Stoke are doing well. Dudley showed an incredible amount of fight last week particularly Armstrong. I imgine the loss of the reserves probably played a huge part in the morale of the whole team, which in turn affected their performance. I wouldnt be too down on them. It probably is difficult to pick yourselves up when this happens mid meeting. Stoke were quite right to push ahead with what they had in front of them but I would have thought that there could have been a facility for Daryl to drop down to number 7 to at least take 7 rides and maybe R/R for number 2 giving Stoke some oppostion and Dudley a shot.

Edited by TMW

Although Stoke are doing well. Dudley showed an incredible amount of fight last week particularly Armstrong. I imgine the loss of the reserves probably played a huge part in the morale of the whole team, which in turn affected their performance. I wouldnt be too down on them. It probably is difficult to pick yourselves up when this happens mid meeting. Stoke were quite right to push ahead with what they had in front of them but I would have thought that there could have been a facility for Daryl to drop down to number 7 to at least take 7 rides and maybe R/R for number 2 giving Stoke some oppostion and Dudley a shot.

The thing that upset me about last night was the attitude of Courtney. His body languge said it all and the two slow downs on the back straight while in a scoring postition to let Stoke riders through was amazing to watch and was the final straw. Can we send him back to Leicester today? :party:

The lads were up against it very much by the time Ritchie & Danny went to the pits/hospital, so I did not expect a win BUT the rest then set the clock back to the they use to ride at Dudley Wood in '65-'68.......no fight, no pride another loss by a mighty big score and here comes the wooden spoon again.

Stoke won by a country mile and deserved to BUT they were not magnificent in any way....one would say they were normal...they were only against 1 rider in about 10 Heats....no reserves, various falls or a large number of engine failures! One of their riders collecting with a bucket said he was shocked by the result and the way that they lay down and put their paws in the air after the Heat 2 accident :t:

To be frank, although I enjoyed the win, I took no pleasure in beating Dudley by that amount. Still, such is life, I'm sure Dudley will be stronger next season!

Re: Announcing looking out for changes - I heard on the terrace last night that Rich had a broken shoulder so I'm quite sure the Management team knew that.

That's correct.

As a Wolves fan I follow the Heathens quite a lot, and went down to Monmore to watch them a couple of times last year and early this year. Every time I have been very impressed with them and I thought they would certainly be in the top 2 this year. I am interested to know what has happened? I know they have had injury problems at times but they always seem to get good replacements, so what do Heathens fans think is the problem?

The honest answer is that we don't know. The loss of form has been spectacular. The margin of defeat on a number of occasions now has been staggering and should not have happened even given a few injury problems.

C'est la vie. We just have to move on to Buxton next week and hope that, with respect to them, we give them a right good 'ommering to restore some pride and regain some confidence ahead of the last two league fixtures.