British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vog

Dudley V Stoke

So, tomorrow see's the top of the table Potters head to Monmore for a meeting that could shape both teams end of season. A win for Stoke and we must be feeling confident of securing top spot, but anything less than a win for Dudley could well see their play-off hopes ended. According to the Stoke website, the teams are as follows:

Dudley:

1) Jon Armstrong

2) Darryl Ritchings

3) Tom Perry

4) Ashley Morris

5) Jamie Courtney

6) Richard Franklin

7) Danny Stoneman

Stoke

1) Simon Lambert

2) Tim Webster (R/R)

3) James Sarjeant

4) Tony Atkin

5) Jaimie Pickard

6) Ben Reade

7) Gareth Isherwood.

Stoke will be high on confidence having won at KL, and I can see them picking up from where they left off.

Dudley 41 - 49 Stoke

The question is, will the weather hold off given the predicted rain?

:neutral: Surely with the secret weapon of Webster back, Dudley will be destroyed

It's still R/R for Webster...

How is this possible, with his appearance at Plymouth at the weekend for Trelawny.

Maybe he tweaked something? Apparently he is going to ride Thursday in a challenge, but if he isn't 100%, it's sensible to not risk it in an important league meeting!

Unfortunately the NL allows riders to pick and choose their meetings.

18.1.2 A Team may utilise a "Facility" to cover the absence of a Rider(s) who:

K in the NL only, is absence for any reason

To be fair to Tim, I dont think its a case of "picking and choosing" in this instance. As I understand it, he has totalled his own equipment and was on borrowed machinery at Plymouth.

Looking forward to this one no end.

A match like last week where the result could go either way, if the weather holds out. Doesn't look too promising right now but the forecast could change overnight.

So with the heavy rain having slipped away a little further east we will have a meeting for me to comment on then.

I must say I was impressed by the Heathens' bounce-back-ability last week and with Armo continuing to talk-the-talk this week I hope to see a similar level of passion and determination from the Heathens camp tonight. We are certainly going to need it. Everyone can take an r/r ride. Monmore Wood holds no fears for the top four of Lambert, Pickard, Atkin and Sargeant so we're going to have find something at the top end to match them and hopefully clean up at reserve, where we're stronger on paper I feel. I expect another close one and something very much along the lines of the KOC meeting a few weeks ago wouldn't surprise me.

Win, lose or draw if tonight's combatants serve up something akin to last week's epic encounter I would suggest everyone will go home with a broad smile across their face.

Quote from Tim's Dad on FB -

"During the weekend of 5/6 August Tim crashed as Edinburgh and Stoke totally wrecking both of his bikes. At Stoke he was left unconscious, battered and bruised. He rode at Plymouth on Friday 19 August to test his fitness. He felt very tired after his 4 rides. He is simply not fully fit for such an important meeting such as Dudley v Stoke. Tims last meeting at Dudley was severely hampered by a faulty needle jet in his carburettor which made the bike difficult to ride. We wish both teams a successful meeting tonight and hope to see the Heathens in the play offs."

I reckon Dudley will rise to the challenge tonight, but we'll get a point (same logic as Martin t, if we win I'll be happy and if we don't it's as predicted !). Just gutted I can't make it.

On reflection I regret my choice of words because it gives the wrong impression of my feelings. In saying "pick and choose" it gives the impression I'm accusing Tim of doing this. I apologise for that. It was not my intention. I could just as easily have used Jason Garrity missing last week as he was, according to a post I've read, on holiday. Why should a club get a facility for a rider that goes on holiday during a week that his team has meetings? And just to clarify this so it's not misunderstood - I don't know for a fact why Jason was missing last week.

The issue I have is with the rule as quoted above. It gives clubs/riders an easy option that should not be there. I feel it's open to exploitation and is a loophole that should be closed or at the very least tightened and more clearly defined in its application.

I hope that's clear? :)

tim webster was never goin to ride in this meeting and i was told that 10days ago, nothing suprises me with stoke but i am suprised that tim can ride on fri then birmingham on thursday and then stoke on sat, whats the betting he say on thurs night after the birmingham meeting he is fit for stoke on sat, think i might go to ladbrokes to see what the odds are

tim webster was never goin to ride in this meeting and i was told that 10days ago, nothing suprises me with stoke but i am suprised that tim can ride on fri then birmingham on thursday and then stoke on sat, whats the betting he say on thurs night after the birmingham meeting he is fit for stoke on sat, think i might go to ladbrokes to see what the odds are

Is it in the rules that he can miss tonight? Why yes, yes it is. Therefore, get whatever odd's you want, it makes no difference!