British Speedway Forum

Hi all.

Lucky enough to be going to Torun, Poland for the G.P. Tickets go on sale on Monday 13th June.

Edited by MattB

I am planning to go to the Torun GP in August. The hotels were easy. Flights unfortunately are not.

The plan is, to go on Friday 26th Aug and return on Monday 29th. Would it be easier to fly to Poznan and hire a car? Any suggestions are welcome.

I guess it depends where you are wanting to fly FROM.

The nearest airport to Torun with direct flights from the UK is Bydgoszcz, with Ryanair being the airline providing these.

However, Ryanair haven't released their schedule for Summer 2011 yet, so you would probably be as well to hang on until they have announced what flights they are going to be doing before making any definite plans.

I guess it depends where you are wanting to fly FROM.

The nearest airport to Torun with direct flights from the UK is Bydgoszcz, with Ryanair being the airline providing these.

However, Ryanair haven't released their schedule for Summer 2011 yet, so you would probably be as well to hang on until they have announced what flights they are going to be doing before making any definite plans.

Thanks for that.

You can as well consider a flight to Poznan or Gdansk which are not that far from Torun. Although Bydgoszcz would indeed be the most convenient place.

If you have a bit more time travel a bit around local towns (Grudziadz or Golub Dobrzyn for example) where you can see castles belonging to Teutonic Knights in the past. Also, in Torun, see some stuff related to Nicholas Copernicus who was born there. Since I am not that familiar with the area, maybe Vicar or Mateusz could drop a few more lines with details here.

ryan air have finaly released the prices for the thursday 25th and monday 29th.

Booked mine straight away £61 Bydgoszcz return roll on August and some better weather

Booked mine straight away £61 Bydgoszcz return roll on August and some better weather

August in Poland usually means a nice or a very nice weather :) It's a really good date to make a GP here, looking forward to this one the most :D

August in Poland usually means a nice or a very nice weather :) It's a really good date to make a GP here, looking forward to this one the most :D

Sorry pressed the wrong button.

Is there likely to be a meeting at Bydgoszcz on Sunday after the GP?

Unfortunately there's no league round in Poland on Sunday after the Torun GP :(

Unfortunately there's no league round in Poland on Sunday after the Torun GP :(

Do you think this Sunday may be used in the event of rained off matches Mateusz?

Do you think this Sunday may be used in the event of rained off matches Mateusz?

The league will already be at the play-off stage then so I guess it may be used as a back-up date but only for the matches of round 17 (Aug 21st).