British Speedway Forum

3 seasons back you could have said that about Greg Hancock but look who's winning now . the fresh blood can wait and qualify on merit like everyone else has had to . If that means Ward never makes it through the minefield of qualification so much the better .

Greg is a poor example to prove your point, he has something Crump and Pedersen don't have!

Aye let's just keep everyone in their rightful place and don't dare raise their heads above the parapet.

Keep those young ones at bay ... how dare they be so precocious.

And folk wonder why England has fallen behind the rest of the world.

When you see Darcy and THJ in the GP, its hard to believe that noone of these two execellent rider managed to qualify for the GP Challenge.

Was that the best GP debut since Martin Dugard?

Dugard scored 2 in his first GP. Frankly, most riders have beat that on their GP debut.

SAYFUTDINOV winning on his first appearance probably trumps that ...

Not forgetting Gollob in 1995 ;)

Just watched the GP,Wards performance was excellent,he has some serious talent.

Darcy's performance proves some points:

1 he is good enough to complete at this level

2 he should be given a wildcard for 2012

3 BSI should choose the wildcards based on merit

4 Poland and indeed Sweden do not have the right to nominate home wildcards for their multiple GPS

Of course it does, I had forgotten that.

Was Emil a Wildcard, Philip?

I must confess to being a bomber fan, no least because he is the only brit and am therefore undeniably biased. However, I cant help but feel that the rest of the gp field are riding far quicker bikes.

Is this a fair observation.

I thought the same. I was sat there willing him to do well and we all know he gives it 100% but his bike just doesn't seem to have any speed.

Hope he gets the right set up over winter as feel for him

I thought the same. I was sat there willing him to do well and we all know he gives it 100% but his bike just doesn't seem to have any speed.

Hope he gets the right set up over winter as feel for him

It was so apparent in his last race that he just wanted to keep out of the way. Harris is the eternal optimist so what's happened? He changed his team so has he realised it was the wrong move? With the right equipment he's competitive. He might not always win but last night he was completely out of it and not typical of the guy we know. Harris never makes excuses. Maybe he should start now instead of talking like Mr Bland with a smiley face.

4 Poland and indeed Sweden do not have the right to nominate home wildcards for their multiple GPS

So he's good enough to compete at this level but cannot qualify to do so ? Good Idea about Bsi becoming autonomous ,and selecting the riders they want based on what ever criteria they choose ,lets just do away with qualification altogehter. Hancock ,Crump.,Pedersen ,Jonsson and Gollob are well past their sell by date .and if the series is to flourish riders who actually qualified should be dumped on the scrapheap in favour of the current flavour of the month . The best way forward without a doubt ,2012 world champion by selection top idea

Was Emil a Wildcard, Philip?

Emil was one of the BSI picks for the season in 2009 after his two victories in the u21s. He had failed to get through the GP qualifiers in 2008.

Was he not racing on his "home track ?" ... because if thats the case lets have one at Monmore & then Freddie can slaughter the opposition as well an look good :approve: