British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Scunny Stag

Scunthorpe V Mildenhall (after Scun V Edinburgh Pl) 29th August 3pm Note 3pm Start

Just to let you know John Oliver has broken both his left & right ankles & will need a long opp to have them pinned. He has also broken a few vertibry's in his back. That has come from JLO's wife

Not good news at all for 1 of the nicest blokes in speedway really feel for him & his family

Cracking little meeting, Stefan Nielsen looked awesome around the Eddie Wright Raceway and Lee Smethills was on top form. Joe Jacobs had a great night for the Fen Tigers, but why no tac rides? Everybody could see the obvious heats to use them (12 & 14) which Jacobs and Blackbird went on to win, cost the Fen Tigers what could be a very important point in regards to the playoffs.

Craig Ackroyd needs a new watch, Garrity getting 2 minutes 53 seconds to get to the gate in heat 6 as I timed him and likewise Adam Wrathall getting 2 minutes 20 seconds in heat 14 :shock::rolleyes:

My thoughts go out to John Oliver who had a really nasty one, hope he recovers soon from a nasty accident which was no fault of his own :sad:

Finally, I was very impressed with the set up at Scunthorpe, my first visit and certainly wont be my last, great track, friendly people and two meetings which were pushed along, 4 hours for two meetings which included a near half an hour gap between meetings to re grade the track, a long stoppage for John's accident which must have been a good half an hour and at my count ten re-runs through the two meetings :shock:

My only gripe was can you make it a touch warmer next time I venture up please? :wink:

Just to let you know John Oliver has broken both his left & right ankles & will need a long opp to have them pinned. He has also broken a few vertibry's in his back. That has come from JLO's wife

Not good news at all for 1 of the nicest blokes in speedway really feel for him & his family

Poor lad :cry: All the best for a speedy recovery John.

Oh dear - NOT good news at all and my thoughts are with both JLO and his family at what must be a very trying time for them all. As you say 'lionking' John is a great bloke and I can only hope that he's not in too much pain, there's some encouraging news forthcoming concerning his condition over the course of the next few days and, in time, he makes a full recovery. Alas though, it's obviously going to be something of a long job.

Oh dear - NOT good news at all and my thoughts are with both JLO and his family at what must be a very trying time for them all. As you say 'lionking' John is a great bloke and I can only hope that he's not in too much pain, there's some encouraging news forthcoming concerning his condition over the course of the next few days and, in time, he makes a full recovery. Alas though, it's obviously going to be something of a long job.

He has been told he will be kept in hospital for at least the next few days i assume to monitor him. He was in alot of pain (understandibly) but at the last update was described as comfortable under the wonders of the NHS morphine

So sorry to hear the bad news,John had been making good progress recently then it all falls apart. Take care and get well soon John.

To be honest, Mildenhall couldnt really have been expecting to get anything from today.

But, 39-51 is a pretty respectable score all things considered.

I respectfully disagree, Neil3065. Mildenhall really should have got at least a point from this match.

It's a poor showing on their behalf that they didn't.

Scunthorpe are really struggling with injury problems lately.

Stefan Nielsen wasn't even down to ride today after his crash last week.

Adam Wrathall has a badly damaged shoulder and was about to pull out of the meeting before JLo crashed.

Add that to the injuries to Birks, Irving, plus now JLO, and it was quite an impressive achievement for Scunthorpe to get all 3 points from this match.

Helped of course by the dopey Mildenhall Team Manager.

On the bright side, it was good to see Daniel Halsey apologising to Stefan Nielsen. Credit where it's due.

Best wishes to JLo (and his family) on his recovery. It was a horrible looking crash.

The poor guy has no luck whatsoever. Not for the first time he has been the victim of being in the wrong place at the wrong time :(

Oh no not another Johhny Foriegner in the national league on a bogus average.

Junior

I respectfully disagree, Neil3065. Mildenhall really should have got at least a point from this match.

It's a poor showing on their behalf that they didn't.

Scunthorpe are really struggling with injury problems lately.

Adam Wrathall has a badly damaged shoulder and was about to pull out of the meeting before JLo crashed.

Add that to the injuries to Birks, Irving, plus now JLO, and it was quite an impressive achievement for Scunthorpe to get all 3 points from this match.

Helped of course by the dopey Mildenhall Team Manager.

I take your point and did go on to say in my post that a couple of double point scores could have made the difference between one point and none for Mildenhall.

Quite rightly, the Mildenhall management are taking some stick for not making use of the TR's - and hopefully it'll be a lesson learned for them.

I dont think this is the first time that somewhat naive team management has cost the team points away from home this season, which is surprising given the combined Speedway experience of the Mildenhall promotion. I recall them taking some stick for not giving Cameron Heeps his full seven rides at Buxton, which duly helped the Hitmen to their first league win of the season! :unsure::rolleyes:

On a different note - best wishes to John Oliver for his recovery from his injuries.

Edited by neil3065

Oh no not another Johhny Foriegner in the national league on a bogus average.

Junior

British - with a Danish father (BSPA Rider index) born 31 Oct 1994. Signed by Scunthorpe Feb 2011

I can only concur with everything you say here Bryn. The sickening incident happened right in front of where I was standing, and although we all see these sort of things from time to time, this particular one was horrifying enough to make me leave the stadium and drive home.

I'm so sorry he's picked up such serious injuries, yet so relieved in another way, because on this occassion, I feared the worst.

Get well soon J-Lo, and hope to see you at least back on terraces watching as quickly as possible.

Mike

Very best wishes to John Oliver after his very nasty looking accident. Wishing you a very speedy recovery.

Thanks to all the Mildenhall riders for giving us all a cracking weekend of racing, which with the travelling as well, must have been very tiring, but for the Supporters was a brilliant Bank Holiday treat.

51-39 with half a team[and a sneaky point last sunday] :cheers: 2012 you may be a bit late,but at Mildenhall you will be used to that i guess :wink:

Better late than never eh!

The speedway gods must be shining down on you. Would I be right in thinking that if Stefan had ridden at Buxton then he would now have an ave and not be at reserve for any forthcoming important meetings?

After previous protestatations from you guys I am never one to believe that either Scunny or Saint Rob would be part of any sort of manipulation, so I don't want you believing that I won't have it :shock:

Probably just a miracle foresight when the teams were picked or a dyslexic quack.

Kev

Edited by norwichkev

Better late than never eh!

The speedway gods must be shining down on you. Would I be right in thinking that if Stefan had ridden at Buxton then he would now have an ave and not be at reserve for any forthcoming important meetings?

:unsure:

He already has an average, which was in the Sheffield programme 2 weeks ago.

So no, you are wrong :wink:

Firstly I'd like to wish John Oliver full and speedy recovery. John who was having a brilliant meeting and was riding a correct line when suddenly got thrown into the fence through no fault of his own, such bad luck! my thoughts are with him and his family at this very stressful time.....On to the meeting, like everyone eles I was waiting for a rider to be announced to take the TR that never come.....slipped up there Mildenhall, we'll never know now whether you could have got a point from the meeting. The Mildy fans deserved to see tacical rides - sometimes they dont work, but often do. there was a couple of incidents looking back at the scores when you could have gained some TR points.... Well done Saints on your win! special mention for Stefan. very impressed with you tonight coming back after a nasty accident. you was brill! huge well done!!