British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Scunny Stag

Scunthorpe V Mildenhall (after Scun V Edinburgh Pl) 29th August 3pm Note 3pm Start

Should say Blackbird locked up and Garrity hit him

Best wishes to John Oliver,i hope he has a speedy recovery,felt for him,just wrong place wrong time

Have to say, Montie, I didn't see that but Wag who was stood next to me did. I thought that the way Garrity was going in hard and fast was likely to result in a pile up and was concentrating on him.

Awful crash and best wishes to John Oliver for a speedy recovery.

Team Manager Left the Black and White Helmet colour at home.

Daft as it sounds, that's the only reason I can think of too.

I really don't believe that there was a conscious decision not to use tactical rides that might have even got Mildenhall a point.

I respectfully disagree, Neil3065. Mildenhall really should have got at least a point from this match.

It's a poor showing on their behalf that they didn't.

Scunthorpe are really struggling with injury problems lately.

Stefan Nielsen wasn't even down to ride today after his crash last week.

Adam Wrathall has a badly damaged shoulder and was about to pull out of the meeting before JLo crashed.

Add that to the injuries to Birks, Irving, plus now JLO, and it was quite an impressive achievement for Scunthorpe to get all 3 points from this match.

Helped of course by the dopey Mildenhall Team Manager.

On the bright side, it was good to see Daniel Halsey apologising to Stefan Nielsen. Credit where it's due.

Agreed, Mr M :approve:

I thought Scunthorpe were there for the taking and indeed predicted a Mildenhall win (I should say I am a lousy tipster). Certainly Mildenhall (or anyone else) are unlikely to get a better chance of winning at Scunny with three heat leader class riders missing.

I should also say I didn't count on your kid's very impressive performance. I knew he was good, but not that good :D:t:

Best performance I have seen from Jacobs, Blackbird did OK and Branford bust a gut in each ride but the remainder were disappointing. Smethills surprised me as he was awful at Buxton.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

The speedway gods must be shining down on you. Would I be right in thinking that if Stefan had ridden at Buxton then he would now have an ave and not be at reserve for any forthcoming important meetings?

He Already has an average,and if he did jump up into the main body,big deal,another tidy lad would drop down so dont really see what your getting at???

I respectfully disagree, Neil3065. Mildenhall really should have got at least a point from this match.

It's a poor showing on their behalf that they didn't.

Scunthorpe are really struggling with injury problems lately.

Stefan Nielsen wasn't even down to ride today after his crash last week.

Adam Wrathall has a badly damaged shoulder and was about to pull out of the meeting before JLo crashed.

Add that to the injuries to Birks, Irving, plus now JLO, and it was quite an impressive achievement for Scunthorpe to get all 3 points from this match.

Helped of course by the dopey Mildenhall Team Manager.

Many problems but dont forget Lee Smethills forgot to put sugar in his flask of tea,tough times for the mighty saints :wink:

Not normally in the habit of commenting on matches that I didnt attend, but just to wish John Oliver all the best, and is which team won, or which team did'nt use a T/R really important compared to his injuries ? I think not.

Some people on here remind of the Houses of Parliment with thier trying to score points of each other all the time.

(Edited for spelling mistakes !)

Edited by 2ndbendpostie

Not normally in the habit of commenting on matches that I didnt attend, but just to wish John Oliver all the best, and is which team won, or which team did'nt use a T/R really important compared to his injuries ? I think not.

Some people on here remind of the Houses of Parliment with thier trying to score points of each other all the time.

Having heard the extent of his injuries, suddenly everything else does become a little trivial.

Well said, postie :approve:

I think everyone who attended yesterday would definetly agree with you. Who cares about points, t/r etc. all that matters is that this young man makes a full recovery as soon as possible.

I think everyone who attended yesterday would definetly agree with you. Who cares about points, t/r etc. all that matters is that this young man makes a full recovery as soon as possible.

Best of luck on your road to recovery John Oliver my thoughts are with you and your family,take care :cry:

It was a truly horrendous crash and we wish JLo a speedy recovery.

This does not stop people wondering why there was no tactical used ? It's a simple question and does not in any way detract from wishing injured riders all the best.