British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
frant101

Any Sign Of A New Date For The Premier League Fours ?

Does anybody know if a new date has been agreed for the Premier League Fours meeting ?

Also does anybody know which riders will be eligible, the original four from the July 1st cut off date or the top four from a new cut off date. Can't be original four as McGowan for example has left Somerset.

I'm sure I read that it's to be run before the ELRC at Swindon in October. No idea where I read it tho.

Also does anybody know which riders will be eligible, the original four from the July 1st cut off date or the top four from a new cut off date. Can't be original four as McGowan for example has left Somerset.

Hi Howard, I'm sure I'm right in sayimng that all 4 teams have agreed that they will track their best 4 available riders in the re-staging, so the cut off date now doesn't count, as my understanding this will be an entirely new match, run over the full number of heats.

Hi Howard, I'm sure I'm right in sayimng that all 4 teams have agreed that they will track their best 4 available riders in the re-staging, so the cut off date now doesn't count, as my understanding this will be an entirely new match, run over the full number of heats.

Last I heard it was just the final being run.

Last I heard it was just the final being run.

Sorry, you've misunderstood my posting, and it's totally my fault, as I didn't make myself clear. When I said an entirely new match over the full number of heats, I meant, of course, a new final over the 16 heat format, with all 4 teams agreeing that they could track there best 4 available riders on the night.

Sorry if I wasn't clear.......don't liike causing confusion :oops:

Edited by womble53

Sorry, you've misunderstood my posting, and it's totally my fault, as I didn't make myself clear. When I said an entirely new match over the full number of heats, I meant, of course, a new final over the 16 heat format, with all 4 teams agreeing that bthey could track there bets 4 available riders on the night.

Sorry if I wasn't clear.......don't liike causing confusion :oops:

With you now, yes that's as I understood it too. Shame if it can't be completed at Leicester though. They've been desperately unlucky in their comeback year. As if it wasn't bad enough their biggest day was abandoned, they were cruising to victory too.

Yes, a 16 heat, 4 team final supposedly on a Sunday at Leicester but it's all gone very quiet.

Thats what i thought it does seem to have gone very quiet, thought i'd missed an announcement, here's hoping for some news soon

Would be very unfair on the Leicester Promotion (if switched to Swindon) seeing as Leicester can race any day of a week

couldnt agree more hope they keep it at Leicester, is there talk of it moving to Swindon then ?

couldnt agree more hope they keep it at Leicester, is there talk of it moving to Swindon then ?

You might see some passing at Swindon. :rolleyes:

It has just been announced that Leicester will host the re-staging of the Premier League Fours Final on Sunday 23rd October and organisers have extended the meeting to a 20-heat programme.

The event was abandoned due to rain in early August after the semi-final stage and the Final is now to take place as a stand-alone competition with a 5.00pm start at Beaumont Park.

The four qualifying clubs – hosts Leicester, Ipswich, Somerset and Workington – will be free to select their own preferred line-ups for the meeting irrespective of their team averages at the time.

Admission prices have been set at the level of regular Premier League meetings at Leicester – £15 adults, £13 concessions, £5 for children aged 12-16, and under-12s will be free of charge. Holders of re-admission adult and concession tickets from the abandoned Final will be entitled to a £5 discount on those prices.

SpeedwayGB Events co-ordinator David Hoggart said: “We’ve taken the decision to add extra value to the event with running it as a one-off by extending it from sixteen to twenty races.

“It’s also a test run in some ways to assess the format with a view to looking at the possibility of re-introducing qualifying meetings in the future.

“I would stress that we would need to hold detailed discussions on that, but the ideal scenario would be to open up the Fours competition to allow every club to have the opportunity of reaching the Final.”

If the PL stays at 14 they could add in an under-21 GB side, and an NL select side, to make up the numbers. The Gb side could ride at Birmingham or Coventry, and the NL side at a stand alone NL track, like Buxton, Mildenhall, or IOW.

It has just been announced that Leicester will host the re-staging of the Premier League Fours Final on Sunday 23rd October and organisers have extended the meeting to a 20-heat programme.

The event was abandoned due to rain in early August after the semi-final stage and the Final is now to take place as a stand-alone competition with a 5.00pm start at Beaumont Park.

The four qualifying clubs hosts Leicester, Ipswich, Somerset and Workington will be free to select their own preferred line-ups for the meeting irrespective of their team averages at the time.

Admission prices have been set at the level of regular Premier League meetings at Leicester – £15 adults, £13 concessions, £5 for children aged 12-16, and under-12s will be free of charge. Holders of re-admission adult and concession tickets from the abandoned Final will be entitled to a £5 discount on those prices.

SpeedwayGB Events co-ordinator David Hoggart said: “We’ve taken the decision to add extra value to the event with running it as a one-off by extending it from sixteen to twenty races.

“It’s also a test run in some ways to assess the format with a view to looking at the possibility of re-introducing qualifying meetings in the future.

“I would stress that we would need to hold detailed discussions on that, but the ideal scenario would be to open up the Fours competition to allow every club to have the opportunity of reaching the Final.”

Taken from Lions website

Edited by Boulger Fan

You might see some passing at Swindon. :rolleyes:

Probably the passing of the last person who saw Swindon win anything :rolleyes: