British Speedway Forum

I remember one match a few years back when he saved King's Lynn bacon in a match at Rye House scoring something like 20 points!

He's definitely not just a big track man in my eyes.

You don't get a 10 point average by just doing well on big tracks. Admittedly, that 10 point average seems a lifetime ago now!

I remember one match many years ago. It was a home match for King's Lynn against either Glasgow or Berwick.

It was a very tight match. It got to near the end of the match. Heat 14 to be precise, and his bike died at the start. I don't think I have ever seen anyone more pis...annoyed at their machinery! He was totally gutted, but King's Lynn still managed to narrowly win...thankfully ;) (in case you were wondering)

After that match, his form turned from regular 5-6 points to regular double figure scores eventually helping King's Lynn to some cup success at the end of the season.

That form continued into 2006 and so on. By that time, he was an out and out number 1, who rode with distinction home and away.

I have always thought of that match against Glasgow as the turning point in his career. The moment when he decided he was fed up with having unreliable machinery (which he had at the time) and either invested heavily in machinery, or found some good sponsors.

I could be completly wrong though!

I can not believe for one moment that he is a worse rider than he was some 5 or 6 years ago.

I just think he is probably at the age now where his priorities have shifted somewhat. He has a family to look after now (I think!), and possibly doesn't throw every spare penny he has into his bikes.you are talking

Didn't he have an improvement in form late last year when Chris Louis did an engine for him? Or did I imagine that?

Is this the same rider you are talking about that scored a maximum 11 days ago

• Like 1

There has been some debate as to whether Young Poole should replace Lanham. At the moment he can, but I suspect if Ipswich wait until the next set of GSAs they might be out of luck.

Following the Scunthorpe debacle, Lanham now has a RA of 6.94. There are three more meetings that will be included in the next set - Somerset (H), Sheffield (A), and Leicester (A).

In order to maintain his 6.94 average he needs to average 2.4 per ride, not easy for a rider totally committed and on the top of his form, which Lanham clearly isn't.

So the chances are, that by the time the next set of GSAs are issued, Young Poole's average of 6.90 may well be higher than the revised Lanham figure.

Whether it is wise to replace Lanham with a race rusty and clearly not fully fit Young Poole, is the subject for another day. What is clear, is that as Lanham's average plummets the options become increasingly limited.

Edited by Mr Snackette

I dont believe anyone is deliberately not scoring points.

Im told there is no lack of investment in equipment and time/effort to put things right.

We will all find out what if anything will change in due course.

Things can only get better though - surely!?

I dont believe anyone is deliberately not scoring points.

<snip>

The unmistakable fact though is that lanham has stated outright that he doesn't want to be #1, and has said that he won't be when the new Green sheets come out. The only way he can know that for certain is if he doesn't score sufficient points ...

The unmistakable fact though is that lanham has stated outright that he doesn't want to be #1, and has said that he won't be when the new Green sheets come out. The only way he can know that for certain is if he doesn't score sufficient points ...

Even Leigh were to score 12 from 5 in each of the next 3 meetings his RA will drop so it is as good as given he wont be number 1 in August.

Someone said on here somewhere, ok so I didn't hear it from him, but he will be as much as a joke as Lanham at 1.

It dosen't matter who rides at no1 this Witches team simply are not strong enough with just a solid side and we desperately need a genuine no1 and no2 next season to add with Rohan and Cam. Who the other 3 riders are will be up to whatever the averages allows and I personally would like a good clear out of all this dead wood in the team.

It dosen't matter who rides at no1 this Witches team simply are not strong enough with just a solid side and we desperately need a genuine no1 and no2 next season to add with Rohan and Cam. Who the other 3 riders are will be up to whatever the averages allows and I personally would like a good clear out of all this dead wood in the team.

Why next season? why not now? Your now instigating something that you've criticised Chris for. I do have an idea for the team, but will be putting it to Chris or John on Tuesday before brandishing it on here. you accuse people of having rose tinted glasses, I feel you view this through red tinted glasses. Its quite easy to see changes are needed, but it isn't just you, no one can offer a suitable replacement. Taylor would only be like for like, not the number 1 you so desperately crave. I also feel Kevin or Leigh are the second heatleader we need, so we're actually only after a number 1, plus perhaps a young, fresh, keen reserve.

I also feel Kevin or Leigh are the second heatleader we need

What in heavens name makes you think Lanham or Doolan is the second heatleader we need??? What have they done this season to suggest either are good enough for that job??? My opinion is that neither are anywhere near good enough to ride in heats 13 or 15 and do the job of beating the oppositions top heatleaders in fact one Lanham does not even want to ride for the Witches. Dont want to see either of these riders riding for us next season along with Risager and Tress, lets clear all the dead wood out and start afresh with just Rohan and Cam remaining along with a genuine no1 and a genuine no2 and adding 3 others that the averages allow.

Even Leigh were to score 12 from 5 in each of the next 3 meetings his RA will drop so it is as good as given he wont be number 1 in August.

Well, let's hope he does score at least 12 from 5 in his next three meetings to show Ipswich fans what he's capable of when he has to ride at #5.

Lots of fans have been very patient with Lanham for a few weeks now, and a few odd rides which have shown he is capable of good scores, but they are plainly not enough and don't instil any confidence that he's going to improve dramatically.

The two most experienced riders (with the two highest averages) must lead from the front, simple as that.

Edited by Dave Love
  • Like 2

Well, let's hope he does score at least 12 form 5 in his next three meetings to show Ipswich fans what he's capable of when he has to ride at #5.

Lots of fans have been very patient with Lanham for a few weeks now, and a few odd rides which have shown he is capable of good scores, but they are plainly not enough and don't instil any confidence that he's going to improve dramatically.

The two most experienced riders (with the two highest averages) must lead from the front, simple as that.

Simply not going to happen its time for all fans to wake up to reality and realise the team put together at the start of the season (less Taylor) as a "solid" side is not going to win anything and needs 2 genuine heatleaders and not 7 second strings. But with louis loyalties with sky way above those of with the Witches as was proven Wednesday I cant see this ever happening as even now in the inferior premier league the team is still put together on the cheap with no big hitters!!!

And there was I believing John Louis and not Chris was the promoter at Ipswich 'alljack!' :blink: Just goes to show how wrong you can be doesn't it? :wink::rolleyes:

Edited by Bryn

And there was I believing John Louis and not Chris was the promoter at Ipswich 'alljack!' :blink: Just goes to show how wrong you can be doesn't it? :wink::rolleyes:

It's clear that the Aljack has got no real handle on facts - it just says what it fancies and twists other peoples' opinions to suit it's own corrosive but unfulfilled agenda.

Hope you are well after you little "episode" at Foxhall, Bryn - the summer-like weather wasn't very helpful!

So you think Chris Louis has no say in what the team is then :rofl:

Sackers Witches 2012 Home Averages (without Bonus Points)

Lanham ... 5.57

Doolan ... 7.92

Risager ... 6.67

Tresarrieu ... 6.00

North ... 6.89

Tungate ... 6.32

Heeps ... 5.30

Sackers Witches 2012 Away Averages (without Bonus Points)

Lanham ... 6.27

Doolan ... 6.44

Risager ... 4.50

Tresarrieu ... 4.95

North ... 6.34

Tungate ... 6.95

Heeps ... 2.88

Edited by Dave Love

Sackers Witches 2012 Home Averages (without Bonus Points)

Lanham ... 5.57

Doolan ... 7.92

Risager ... 6.67

Tresarrieu ... 6.00

North ... 6.89

Tungate ... 6.32

Heeps ... 5.30

Sackers Witches 2012 Away Averages (without Bonus Points)

Lanham ... 6.27

Doolan ... 6.44

Risager ... 4.50

Tresarrieu ... 4.95

North ... 6.34

Tungate ... 6.95

Heeps ... 2.88

You certainly must have a very exciting and busy life that you have all this time on your hands to keep listing riders averages :P What does it matter what their averages are home or away this team is not good enough is clear for anyone to see, well most anyway :lol: