British Speedway Forum

My suspicions have prove correct, the exciting news is not team related but a continuation with "sackers" as main team sponsor.

With reference to the team, all it says is Louis is hoping to announce it shortly.

Admission prices go up to £15.50 for adults and 12.50 for concessions, season tickets revert back to a one season ticket type that covers all meetings except play offs, testimonials and BSPA events, priced £295 adults £230 concessions until December 31st and then £325 adults £250 concessions and £70 juniors.

You can also pay online this year.

Edited by CardinalSin

Oh well. It's good that we have a sponsor for another year. I am sure the price increase will have a few moaning in these very hard times for some. Obviously the 2 types of season ticket didn't work. Can anyone remember how much season tickets where last season?

Oh well. It's good that we have a sponsor for another year. I am sure the price increase will have a few moaning in these very hard times for some. Obviously the 2 types of season ticket didn't work. Can anyone remember how much season tickets where last season?

Is the program included in the entrance fee at Ipswich?

No its not. That was 2.50 last year. Compare that to Somerset at 14 and free programme, that's a 4 pound difference. They charge a pound to park though and we don't. Still a big difference though. Saying that I would pay whatever the price is, within reason.

Edited by Baldyman

Also not mentioned above. The season ticket no longer includes programme. So if you add the price of programme on, season tickets are 1.40 a meeting more next season. That's if there are 24 meetings. But without play offs how many will there be?

Edited by Baldyman

For those that missed Mike Bacon’s piece in the Evening Star, here are the details:

Sponsorship

Ipswich Witches have renewed their team sponsorship with recycling giants, Sackers

The Great Blakenham-based company will again be the team’s main sponsor in 2012, with the continuation of a deal that was struck last winter, the Foxhall Heath side again to be known as Ipswich ‘Sackers’ Witches. Ipswich director of speedway, Chris Louis, said: “Before last season, David and Adrian Dodds, had never experienced live speedway, so it was very exciting when they made the deci- sion for Sackers Recycling, to back the Witches.

“For them to immediately take up their sec- ond year option is hugely encouraging, and a massive boost for the club and everyone involved.

“Along with members of their staff, they were at Foxhall each week last season supporting the team, and I know it meant a lot to the side.

Louis is hoping to announce the full Ipswich 2012 side shortly: “Team building for our 2012 push for the Premier League title has started and acquiring the two hottest properties to come out of Australia in recent years, Cameron Heeps and Rohan Tungate, is a massive boost to the club.”

Kevin Doolan will again skipper the ‘Sackers’ Witches, with Louis saying: “I don’t think the fans will be disappointed with the team we have assembled.”

Sackers commercial director, Nigel Slinn, said: “Sackers Recycling have built good relationships with both Ipswich Witches and their supporters, and have thoroughly enjoyed being a part of what we see as an exciting, friendly and fiercely competitive sport.

“We have had tremendous feedback from sup- porters across East Anglia and beyond, who keep track of events at Foxhall, even if they have not been able to attend a meeting.

Admission / Season Tickets

Ipswich Witches have announced that turnstile admission prices will increase by 50p to £15.50 for adults and £12.50 for concessions, with junior prices remaining unchanged.

As for season tickets, they will revert to a one season ticket type that will cover all meetings apart from any play- off meetings (plus the usual exceptions of benefits, testimonials and BSPA- shared events).

The club have removed the inclusion of a programme, and this will enable them to reduce the initial price, with the traditional Early Bird prices for all season tickets purchased by December 31, available.

Early Bird details: Adults £295,Concessions £230 and Juniors £70. Tickets are still available after this date (until February 29, 2012) and prices will then be: Adults £325, Concessions £250 and Juniors £75.

This season also sees an on-line payment option for season tickets to allow the use of debit/credit cards

Season ticket renewal forms will be sent out to all 2011 season ticket hold- ers by e-mail or post, but any new applicants can download a form from the home page of the Witches website: www.ipswichwitches.co. Season tickets will be sold at the Speedway Office at the stadium on December 10, December 17 and January 14, from 10am-1pm.

A little disappointed that they have ditched the League Only Season, but that is offset that the season ticket no longer includes the cost of a programme. This means the season is now £25 cheaper than it was last year, which is a bit of a result!!

On a negative point I do feel that season ticket holders should get admission to any play off meetings, bearing in mind that an early cup exit, would probably result in the season only covering 22 meetings.

Perhaps JL & CL might consider a compromise, and provide season ticket holders will the cost of 25 meetings for the price of their season, and should there be any more then “it’s all pay”.

Just a thought.

Update - just been on the Witches Website, and for those who want to buy on line there is a £10 admin fee.

Edited by Mr Snackette

It's only a result if you don't get a programme. Otherwise the overall increase is more for a season ticket holder, than someone paying every week on the gate. And the less meetings there are the worse it gets.

Well it does still save you money, just not as much as before. IT'S all down to if you buy a programme or not, and how we do in cup, which I think will be only 1 meeting since we have Somerset.

On 24 meetings last year it was 13.33 a meeting with programme and next year will be 14.79 with a programme. SO It's gone up 1.46 a meeting but on gate only 50p a meetings. Will we get 24 meetings though?

Edited by Baldyman

Only a couple of seasons ago, everyone was bemoaning the fact that Ipswich Speedway could not attract a main team sponsor. Now we have the excellent news that Sackers Recycling are renewing their sponsorship for a second year and it goes by with hardly a mention on here, with everyone predictably choosing to spin the season ticket announcement in a negative way. I'm sure the management would have studied all the options available for season tickets before reaching a decision and making the official announcement.

There has to be a period whereby they can study the books thoroughly to gauge what was most effective in terms of revenue streams and on this basis have probably made their decisions. I do not agree with the point about not giving fans enough time to pay for the discounted "early bird" discount. The 2011 season finished at the end of October, leaving roughly eight weeks to save the money for the discounted ticket. I'm sure anyone considering applying for one of these discounted tickets, knows before waiting for the official announcement of their intention to purchase, so you have had more than three weeks in reality.

Plus the announcement about season tickets then heralds further announcements regarding confirmed riders for 2012. I can understand the supporters frustration that they do not know the remaining members of the team when some teams have fully declared their line-ups. But look at it a different way from a marketing/media angle. If the whole team is announced en block, then this leaves very little for the newspapers/radio stations etc to report on for the remainder of the closed season. However, by drip feeding the announcements then this maintains the media interest and ensures that Ipswich speedway is appearing regularily throughout the winter and keeping the awareness for those that do not follow the sport as intently as other, more die-hard, fans.

I would have thought that the management had a number of permitations for the side for 2012 and possibly had to wait on the decision from Lasse Bjerre, who by the reports was earmarked for a team place. Once this situation was known, then one of the other possible sides would then have to be activated.

As posted previously, I find it a little worrying that some supporters have such a negative attitude towards Ipswich Speedway when it is clear for most to see that a systematic and steady process of rebuilding the club has begun and will bear fruit in the seasons to come. Many will reply with "that's my opinion and I'm entitled to it!" which of course you are. But, by the same token the management, I feel, are entitled to some support and encouragement for the work that they are doing.

So its a warm welcome back to Sackers who, as the press release states, really got behind the team in 2011 having been complete novices to the sport and may we look forward to the remaining team news.

In the grand scheme of things, 50p a week increase in admission costs for an adult is not too bad to be honest, at least they kept the child price the same (huge sigh of relief from here on that one!)

Not too sure on the loss of a programme for season ticket holders though....

I agree with the above post. Many supporters will want to know the team before committing to the season ticket (£300)

Ipswich will need to get the team out by the weekend if they wish to maximise the opportunity for season tickets sales leading up to Xmas.

Personally I don't mind not getting the free programme, however it would be nice to know who we are paying to watch! If you are at the checkout at Tesco's you tend to know what you are paying for! (because you put it in the trolley). It will be interesting to see if a proper No.1 will be available or has this phantom rider been picked up out of the bargain bin because nobody wanting to buy him before his sell buy date rolled round.