British Speedway Forum
dlprezes

I. Crozier

First name is Ivan - It think he may be from New Zealand.

Rode for Newcastle in the early 60's

Guest compost

First name is Ivan - It think he may be from New Zealand.

Rode for Newcastle in the early 60's

Knew I'd heard the name but couldn't place it - wasn't there a couple of articles on him or by him (Ivan Mauger being involved springs to mind) in the old VSM ?

Update: The info I've got (mainly collated from the Speedway Researcher website) shows Crozier in the UK in '62 & '63. Both for Newcastle. Rode around 10 meetings each season with averages around 4.6 & 2.8. Last meeting for the Diamonds seems to be around 24/6/63.

Edited by compost

Knew I'd heard the name but couldn't place it - wasn't there a couple of articles on him or by him (Ivan Mauger being involved springs to mind) in the old VSM ?

Like you, I seem to remember the name from reports and articles he'd written in magazines; it sounds like he was a rider turned reporter.

Steve

Like you, I seem to remember the name from reports and articles he'd written in magazines; it sounds like he was a rider turned reporter.

Steve

Yes he was a New Zealander, who began riding at the Aranui track in Christchurch around the same time as Ivan Mauger. While he was with Newcastle he recommended Mauger to Mike Parker and this led to Parker's offer to Mauger. After returning to New Zealand he wrote reports for the Speedway Star and contributed to two of Ivan Mauger's books.

Edited by peterh7