British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SteveEvans

American Style Speedway Hits Uk!

I am very pleased to announce that the American Touring Team in co-ordination with Buxton Speedway will be holding a very unique race event on October 9th.

Speedway in America is very different to the UK in that 95% of events are Individuals. The traditional American race format produces excellent entertainment and has rarely been used in the UK. This is all about to change!

On October the 9th the American tourists will join with a number of the Hitmen regulars and some other NL level riders as Buxton goes American for the day.

There will be two Trophies up for grabs - Handicap and Scratch. For handicap racing each rider has a designated yardage handicap for the night - the rookies will start from the gate, reserves off of 10 yards, second strings of 20 and heatleaders off 30. For Scratch, all riders start from the tapes in traditional format.

16 riders will compete - come first and second in your heat, you go to the semi. Come first and second in the semi, you go to the Main. Third and fourth - your are eliminated! Anything can happen. The Handicap Main will be 6 laps. 17 races will grace the card and each rider gets 3 to 6 races.

A great afternoon of racing is promised - I know many UK fans would love to come to the USA and see our style of racing - well, October 9th is the chance to see it in the UK!

Any potential sponsors can message me or talk to Jayne. This event will put the fun back into a sport that can get way too serious!

Email me as needed - dreamteamspeedway@sbcglobal.net

Edited by SteveEvans

Should be a good afternoon as it is something different to other meetings.

For handicap racing each rider has a designated yardage handicap for the night - the rookies will start from the gate, reserves off of 10 yards, second strings of 20 and heatleaders off 30.

Good job the Buxton start marshall is old enough to remember what yards are :)

The USA will be providing 8 of the 16 riders - I'm sure a bunch of Hitman riders will fill the other spots with the rest being filled elsewhere.

If he is younger than Castro he is in.

nobody is younger than castro.... mental age of somebody that just popped out haha... nutter! :rofl:

Open to suggestions on riders

A.Allott

R.Brandford

S.Lambert

J.Garrity

K.Howarth

A.Morris

S. Worrall

R. Worrall

Please?

The thing i love about the U S Speedway is the formula used i.e scratch and main but also how there is constant entertainment on track. Riders entering the track as the previous riders leave. Very little messing around with 2 min warnings etc and rarely the time wasting we see in Britain. Hope it can be replicated and good luck with the tour Steve

I am very pleased to announce that the American Touring Team in co-ordination with Buxton Speedway will be holding a very unique race event on October 9th.

Speedway in America is very different to the UK in that 95% of events are Individuals. The traditional American race format produces excellent entertainment and has rarely been used in the UK. This is all about to change!

On October the 9th the American tourists will join with a number of the Hitmen regulars and some other NL level riders as Buxton goes American for the day.

There will be two Trophies up for grabs - Handicap and Scratch. For handicap racing each rider has a designated yardage handicap for the night - the rookies will start from the gate, reserves off of 10 yards, second strings of 20 and heatleaders off 30. For Scratch, all riders start from the tapes in traditional format.

16 riders will compete - come first and second in your heat, you go to the semi. Come first and second in the semi, you go to the Main. Third and fourth - your are eliminated! Anything can happen. The Handicap Main will be 6 laps. 17 races will grace the card and each rider gets 3 to 6 races.

A great afternoon of racing is promised - I know many UK fans would love to come to the USA and see our style of racing - well, October 9th is the chance to see it in the UK!

Any potential sponsors can message me or talk to Jayne. This event will put the fun back into a sport that can get way too serious!

Email me as needed - dreamteamspeedway@sbcglobal.net

rub it in why dont you!!!! mad.gif

And do you promise the California weather for this one Steve? Oh no that means morning puddles and a cancelled meeting!!!! DOH rolleyes.gif

rub it in why dont you!!!! mad.gif

And do you promise the California weather for this one Steve? Oh no that means morning puddles and a cancelled meeting!!!! DOH rolleyes.gif

California weather at Buxton?!??!?

Sandie, it's freezing cold at Buxton in July :P

All the best

Rob

Yer - and it was also a bloomin rain-off at Costa Mesa last week. All I got to see was a track with puddles!!!

Really looking forward to this one though - just got to work out time off with all our enforced changes.

Will you be getting to any of the Touring team meetings LS?