British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fozzie4388

Newport Vs Scunthorpe/sheffield

This would be a good meeting to put on as a double header after the KO Cup final against Glasgow, which i have a feeling will draw a big crowd. :wink:

Anyone have a clue or a link as to why this meeting is not now taking place?.

The BSPA site has no news item saying it is off. They only have the word postponed next to it in the fixture list. The Speedway Star which i think goes to press on a Tuesday has it listed for 6pm today.

I clicked on the Newport Scorpions club website link on the BSPA page for clubs and despite it having a different url it leads to the Newport Wasps page. Most importantly of all i can't find anything on that site giving a reason for it being called off.

I was under the impression that Newport were one of the clubs very conscious of PR, but how amatuerish and ignorant is this?. Or are the club *(own website aside) blameless and have actually notified media outlets who simply declined to pass on the information?

*Their club website actually says that "Please note that for any Fixtures that do happen to change, an announcement will be made on the news page." Well it's now 4:30pm Sunday i see no anouncement.