British Speedway Forum

For all you knockers out their, where is your money to take over?

Forget a community affair as you all cannot agree!

Look at some other threads and their discontent with their promoters and team building, Sheffield is a prime example.

Believe it or not it is about business and making money, it`s not about satisfying whinging fans.

Reality is about the real world, funny that most of the UK speedway fans dont live in it!!!!!!!!!!

<personal remarks removed>

No of course its not about satisfying all the whinging fans who without them, the club would not exist!

For all you knockers out their, where is your money to take over?

Forget a community affair as you all cannot agree!

Look at some other threads and their discontent with their promoters and team building, Sheffield is a prime example.

Believe it or not it is about business and making money, it`s not about satisfying whinging fans.

Reality is about the real world, funny that most of the UK speedway fans dont live in it!!!!!!!!!!

<personal remarks removed>

It's also a pity some promoters don't live in the real world to, then maybe by keeping the whinging fan's happy, they would make more money, i don't think fan's give a toss how much a promoter make's if their enjoying watching a good speedway team, if a promoter is getting good crowd's with a poor speedway team, what would they get with a good team, think about it, if you can.

Edited by Devilroger

Forgot to mention in the local rag this weekend Brent Werner is confirmed as signing 'to complete the top 5' and James Cockle is almost certain to get the other reserve slot which leaves us over 1.5 short of the 42.5 limit. So don't worry Tigers fans, we will keep you lot off the bottom ;)

Plymouth 2012 will almost certainly be...

1. Barker

2. Holder

3. Boxall

4. Werner

5. Ashworth

6. Cockle

7. Glanz

After the first set of green sheets I can see Glanz in the main body which is deeply concerning!

So don't worry Tigers fans, we will keep you lot off the bottom ;)

I'm sure Glasgow fans will be very grateful :lol:

Edited by spin king junior
  • Like 1

Give the team a chance before slamming them, REDCAR are also 1.5pts under the limit so that must make them a bottom of the league team. Looking at the make up of the Plymouth team it doesnt really look that bad compared to some line ups. You have probably the No1 rider in the Premier League in Barker, solid support from Ashworth and a few riders who can improve their averages. For me your season will depend on which Boxall and Werner turn up, I have seen both of them turn in match winning performances but also seen them look not interested at all.

So give them your support until the first set of averages at least.

Forgot to mention in the local rag this weekend Brent Werner is confirmed as signing 'to complete the top 5'

I got told yesterday by someone who had spoken to Bowden that Werner has not signed and the paper is talking rubbish :unsure:

I got told yesterday by someone who had spoken to Bowden that Werner has not signed and the paper is talking rubbish :unsure:

The in question would not print it without hearing it from the horses mouth, yet more unprofessionalism! :(

The problem is that "the paper" may be talking rubbish but the Devils own website says that Bowden has agreed deals with Barker Werner and Glanz. Mind you, if he has changed his mind about Werner, few would blame him, so why doesn't he admit he had done a deal but one or other parties decided not to go ahead? This guy makes Matt Ford look like a saint.....well maybe that's going too far :rofl:

The problem is that "the paper" may be talking rubbish but the Devils own website says that Bowden has agreed deals with Barker Werner and Glanz. Mind you, if he has changed his mind about Werner, few would blame him, so why doesn't he admit he had done a deal but one or other parties decided not to go ahead? This guy makes Matt Ford look like a saint.....well maybe that's going too far :rofl:

According to Speedy Star, only Holder, Barker ,Boxall & Ashworth have signed yet I was told by the same person that Glanz signed his contract 'weeks ago'.

Not so much unprofessional as bizarre :blink:

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1

Just been to Tesco to buy some mushrooms, couldn't believe they were grown by Bowden Mushrooms Ltd. Quality guaranteed, grown in darkest Cornwall, and fed with the best Bull waste products available.

Just been to Tesco to buy some mushrooms, couldn't believe they were grown by Bowden Mushrooms Ltd. Quality guaranteed, grown in darkest Cornwall, and fed with the best Bull waste products available.

I also had those mushrooms, i have done for the last 6yrs :D

I wouldn't believe a word that came out of Mike Bowden’s mouth he wouldn’t know the truth even if it bit his arse bum

I wouldn't believe a word that came out of Mike Bowden’s mouth he wouldn’t know the truth even if it bit his arse bum

Not sure that the truth would wish to place its teeth anywhere in that vicinity

According to Speedy Star, Werner has now signed.

Ben Barker states that he might not be fit for the start of the season................then on the next page has signed to ride at Telford in the ice meeting in February :blink:

Ben has been in Hospital over the Christmas with an infection in his leg, looked bad , knowing Ben he will ok for the start of the season, but being ready for Telford i think would be pushing it.