British Speedway Forum

That team is barely better than some of the sides the Devils used to line up with in the NL! Wells will have to have a blinding season to back up Barker and that still leaves you with a team of 5 reserves.

Glanz is a 3 I believe and Werner is 5.83 from the figure he last attained with Newport in 2009. He rode 4 meetings in 2010 with Somerset achieving an average of less than 2!

The way Gary Spiller has been treated as some have already mentioned was disgraceful (the letter still hasn't arrived I'm told). I don't want to say too much but Gary was told by Mr Bowden he was sacked only for Mr Bowden to tell Seemond (new team manager) that Gary was taking time out! If you want to know the full story then head over to the Devils forum where you can read most of the tripe that has gone on recently.

As for the team, well sadly we could've had a top team for this season but Werner is the first of what I believe will be another poor team. I genuinely feel Seemond Stephens would do better. Brent sold all his machinery after being dropped from Somerset so I ask who at 36 is going to invest heavily enough in good equipment to give yourself a chance of being competitive. His average is terribly high and he will get nowhere near it.

In yesterday's local paper Mr Bowden is muting the team to be this...

Barker

Cockle

Kristiansen

Werner

Wells

Franchetti

Glanz

Now I and everyone else know full well that team will be an embarrassment to this great league and would come in over 4 points short of the 42.5 limit. There are riders out there on decent averages that have shown they can ride the SBA well that could help us to be competitive, Boxall, Sweetman, McGowan are examples of riders yet to be signed that could turn us into a decent side. But yet again it seems we will have a side on the cheap that will get smashed away and struggle at home. As a Plymouth fan I'm ashamed!

Where do you get your info from? You have no idea.

Where do you get your info from? You have no idea.

It's called the Evening Herald newspaper, maybe it's them then that have no idea or possibly even the promoter himself after all it's his words. Here's the link for you to read whilst you eat your humble pie... ;)

http://www.thisisply...tail/story.html

Edited by torpointfanatic22
  • Like 2

It's called the Evening Herald newspaper, maybe it's them then that have no idea or possibly even the promoter himself after all it's his words. Here's the link for you to read whilst you eat your humble pie... ;)

http://www.thisisply...tail/story.html

In that newspaper report, it says nothing of the sort that Gino Franchetti may be signing. He says the rider himself has expressed an interested to return to the team.

I'm sure others will correct me, but I feel sure that in the early '90s, Mildenhall were thrown out of the League for proposing to run with a team perceived to be too weak.

So presumably there is a precedent.

What, like Mildenhall 2008? ;)

In that newspaper report, it says nothing of the sort that Gino Franchetti may be signing. He says the rider himself has expressed an interested to return to the team.

What, like Mildenhall 2008? ;)

And in my original post I said that the team was muted to be the 7 riders I named, I didn't say that was the team he was signing but the fact that those 7 were mentioned with no-one else does suggest that is the sort of team we will be seeing.

And in my original post I said that the team was muted to be the 7 riders I named, I didn't say that was the team he was signing but the fact that those 7 were mentioned with no-one else does suggest that is the sort of team we will be seeing.

No it doesn't at all - It reveals 6 of the riders being spoken to with a view to a team place. Franchetti has just said he wants to return. Any rider without a team place would be daft to not ring around a few teams and put his name about. He could have said that to every team in the league for all we know.

No it doesn't at all - It reveals 6 of the riders being spoken to with a view to a team place. Franchetti has just said he wants to return. Any rider without a team place would be daft to not ring around a few teams and put his name about. He could have said that to every team in the league for all we know.

Blimey, all the poor chap did was express an opinion, based on a newspaper article! I hope you've got out of the right side of bed this morning :lol:.

It must be tough to attract new riders when your location is very much out on a limb. The vital thing is for Bowden to build a team that is competitive at home - don't forget that the Devils didn't finish bottom in 2011 ...

Glanz is a 3 I believe and Werner is 5.83 from the figure he last attained with Newport in 2009. He rode 4 meetings in 2010 with Somerset achieving an average of less than 2!

If the not very rolling Averages are taken from all matches up to a maximum 38, then those four meetings in 2010 should also be counted (assuming they were official) ...

If the not very rolling Averages are taken from all matches up to a maximum 38, then those four meetings in 2010 should also be counted (assuming they were official) ...

Good point! Personally I'd rather he just didn't ride for us!

Good point! Personally I'd rather he just didn't ride for us!

Give it a month. Hes retired 3 times now, dont expect him to last the season!

Give it a month. Hes retired 3 times now, dont expect him to last the season!

Ahh yes! then we can bring in good ol' R/R.............Not!

Hopefully before March ;)

:rofl:

Nice one Mike. I sooooo hope you're right