British Speedway Forum

The best way to get around (I found) was to pre-book your transfer straight from the airport to the hotel, and back. This way you have a price up front.

Never let the driver put your cases in the boot and get in the car before you. I was told they have been know to drive off if they take a disliking to you, or there's any arguments about the cost.

After this getting around is no problem. A stroll around the tourist areas is never too far for even the least fit. The only exception I can think of is the walk up to the castle. Just catch the tram. Be warned the majority of the tourist areas, old town and Charles Bridge particularly, are cobbled. No high heels ladies, or gents!!!

The tourist travel card is a must. You can get a 1, 3 or 7 day pass (if memory serves). You can use it as many times as you like from the the time you get it to that time however many days later. It's very, very cheap and it allows you to use any public transport within the city centre. Be advised plain clothes officers may be around looking for anyone trying to get a free ride. Always carry you travel card. The officers will flash a metal disk as ID. Just show them your card.

On the subject of money. It will certainly last if you're smart. Obviously the tourist areas can get away with higher costs. Just go round the corner instead. A lot of people sit around in the old town square at night. Rather than going to one of the bars, get a drink from one of the fast food 'stalls' (they sell burgers, chips, soft drinks, bottles of beer) and park yourself with everyone else. There are benches, but they are taken pretty quickly, everybody else ends up sitting on the floor in groups. There's a great atmosphere there, and never any hint of friction between the wide variety of nationalities. (Police armed to the teeth helps) Word to the wise again. If you're on the floor watch out for the presents left by the horses.

I took Thomas Cook travellers cheques. There are two offices in the city centre. The one is by the Tesco in the main shopping area, and I can't think where the other was off the top of my head. All you'll need is a photocopy of your passport to prove you're you.

Enjoy!!!

:wink::P

Found this website while I was surfing on the internet looking for info on POLAND :rolleyes::unsure::lol:http://www.praguepubs.co.uk/ Well, I suppose it will come in handy for those going to Prague and it has travel info on it also :D

Guest cheetahhawk

Last year we found an excellent pub near to where we were staying.The food there was really good and very reasonably priced also my other half said the beer was good too(I don't drink beer)only problem is I can't remember for the life of me what the pub was called.It is on the opposite side of the road from Hotel Pyramida very near to the tram stops. :approve:

The most reputable (allegedly) Taxi firm, and also seemingly the most reasonably priced taxi firm, is "AAA".....

These Taxis are easily identified by the "AAA" stickers on the two front doors on the cars....

AAA Taxi - Tel : 140 14

Also, Bus 191 from the Andel Metro / Bus Terminus stops outside the stadium

Edited by jeffster

Have discovered today that BMIbaby are to start running flights to Prague from London Gatwick, April onwards. At the moment prices are cheap compared with other airports, airlines, around £80 return

Guest latvian-speedway

hey fans!

Need somebody speedway-programs from Latvia?

Maybe we can change with them in GP in PRAGUE, if we will come here.

Hi Latvian-Speedway! It's a bit off topic, but could you send me Latvian speedway calendar for 2004 season. I've been to your homepage but can't find the calendar. You can post it up here or send it to : tomazpozrl@yahoo.com

Tomaz

Guest latvian-speedway

is it possible to buy ticket on 13th May before training???

Or there would be any ticket?

Have discovered today that BMIbaby are to start running flights to Prague from London Gatwick, April onwards. At the moment prices are cheap compared with other airports, airlines, around £80 return

Easyjet have recently launched a new route - London Gatwick - Prague...

A the moment , their prices are also around £80....

Not sure if I'm the only one but I can't find any cheap flights for Prague. Everything seems tobe around the £130 return mark. I have looked on Easyjet and BMIbaby - where are all the £80 returns gone?

Please can somebody help as I need to get booked up pronto! :)

With Easyjet, the closer you book your intended flight to your actual departure the more expensive flights are...

So, if you book now for the Prague GP in May, its gonna be expensive than if you had booked in january for example....

Plus also, Easyjet charge more if you want to fly at the end of the week or on a weekend, than in midweek...

Just looked at Eayjet -

Stansted - Prague on Wednesday 12th May at 18.00 (In Prague at 20.55) is £31.99

Prague - Stansted on Tuesday 18th May at 21.25 (In Stansted at 22.25) is £26.99

This totals £59 , but taxes of £11 each way makes the total price £80.98...

Of course, the longer you stay in Prague the more expensive your accomodation cost are , but the "Extol Inn" (www.extolinn.cz) or via www.iyhf.cz seems a reasonable place, offering three grades of accomodation :

3* - All rooms have en-suite bathroom, Satellite TV , Phone & Mini Bar

2* Standard - All rooms have en-suite bathrooms

2* Economy - Youth Hostel type rooms

Its swings and roundabouts really, if you can go on a trip from midweek-midweek, your flight will cost less, but you pay more for accomodation...

If you do a "weekend whizz" out and back over 2 / 3 days or less, your flight is more expensive, but your accomodation costs are less, or non existent....

With Easyjet, the closer you book your intended flight to your actual departure the more expensive flights are...

So, if you book now for the Prague GP in May, its gonna be expensive than if you had booked in january for example....

Plus also, Easyjet charge more if you want to fly at the end of the week or on a weekend, than in midweek...

Just looked at Eayjet -

Stansted - Prague on Wednesday 12th May at 18.00 (In Prague at 20.55) is £31.99

Prague - Stansted on Tuesday 18th May at 21.25 (In Stansted at 22.25) is £26.99

This totals £59 , but taxes of £11 each way makes the total price £80.98...

Of course, the longer you stay in Prague the more expensive your accomodation cost are , but the "Extol Inn" (www.extolinn.cz) or via www.iyhf.cz seems a reasonable place, offering three grades of accomodation :

3* - All rooms have en-suite bathroom, Satellite TV , Phone & Mini Bar

2* Standard - All rooms have en-suite bathrooms

2* Economy - Youth Hostel type rooms

Its swings and roundabouts really, if you can go on a trip from midweek-midweek, your flight will cost less, but you pay more for accomodation...

If you do a "weekend whizz" out and back over 2 / 3 days or less, your flight is more expensive, but your accomodation costs are less, or non existent....

Thanks for your help jeffster :)

Hopefully I'll have something booked in the next week! Cheers ;)

ive been to the czech gp for the last two years and had no bad experieces,u dot need to use taxis as the trams run all nite long,all the numbers on the tram stops in black are the nite trams,so dont think your gonna get stranded any where,like i did the first year cuase it usualey means the driver is having a coffee/tea/absinth(worry) break.good luck and any joy,im going again this year ,any one tell me any usful info about bydgoszcz ? as im going there as well this year.

any one tell me any usful info about bydgoszcz ? as im going there as well this year.

Check this topic out - Bydgoszcz discussion- if you need any more just shout.

Rico :rolleyes: