British Speedway Forum
PhilK

Stoke V Mildenhall - Nl Po S/f 1st Leg

As Chris Louis said at Foxhall on Thursday, some Stoke riders lacked professionalism. If they display the same degree of petulance and immaturity that they did last Sunday, it might just be the Fen Tigers weekend.

..............let the racing do the talking and let's hope any idiots behave

A little harsh on the Stoke riders, but on balance fair.

Very funny - I was talking about the fans - ones who like to provoke...if the cap fits...

Not I sir.

As someone whose parents were not related, and I only have the four fingers and a thumb on each hand, I do not qualify to be a fully fledged Fen Tigers fan. In a similar fashion as I have not had a lobotomy, or indeed like Tom Jones, Loomer Road is unlikely to be a regular stamping ground.

Pip pip!!!!!!!

Will there be any updates for tonight.

Yes, there will.

So long as I can my lobotomy reversed in time ;)

Don,t like the idea of play-offs,if a team is at the top of the league at the end of the season. they should be champions,not the other teams below them, anyway will be going to this meeting, going for the potters to win by 10- 15 points, and it looks like another beautiful day in the potteries. COME ON THE POTTERS.

I 100% agree but each time I have expressed such a view on here a certain person who's now the Potters TM has torn me limb from metaphorical limb for so doing... Let's hope he doesn't regret such a position after this latest exercise...

I 100% agree but each time I have expressed such a view on here a certain person who's now the Potters TM has torn me limb from metaphorical limb for so doing... Let's hope he doesn't regret such a position after this latest exercise...

Great idea! Let's do away with meetings that are likely to attract a half decent crowd.

Let's face it speedway is so flush with funds, that it can easily afford to sacrifice the additional income on the altar of outdated thinking and antipathy!!!

Given the pattern of results in previous matches between these two at West Row this season, Mildenhall will need to keep the score within ten points tonight, to have a realistic chance of progression to the final.

Hopefully talk of their improved form at Loomer Road in the 4's, from that of the league match can come to the fore tonight. They've struggled away against the better sides in the league this season, so hopefully they can improve on that tonight. In many ways the key will be filling in behind Lambert for shared heats, and taking full advantage of the heats he is not in.

Realistically, it'll be a very tall order for Mildenhall to keep to within 10 points of Stoke tonight. If they do manage it, they will have ridden very, very well.

Edited by neil3065

Well and truly gutted tonight,stoke never turned up, and the fen tigers did, well done to them they were worthy winners, what a night to have at such an important meeting for stoke, think they've blown there chances now, that's why i don,t like the play offs. they've been top of the league all season, and it know looks like they,re going out.

well done to mildenhall,no doudt they will win tomorrow as well,just hope stoke can find a 3 point aussie ringer for next season. :wink:

Ok, let's start with Stoke's team.

We lost our heads. Simple as that. Lambert and Pickard were fantastic at 1 and 2, and Reade showed us why we should never have dropped him in the correct way. He was fantastic.

Isherwood made one gate, and that was about it.

The other 3 were poor, and I have no idea why. The normally reliable Atkin was alright for 2 rides, and poor for 2. Sarjeant looked like he wanted to be anywhere but Stoke, and Webster seemed to have a nightmare of it. We threw it away, and it will take a miracle to pull anything back.

Secondly, and I apologise for the smell of grapes that aren't too sweet, but how can Cameron Heeps ride for Mildenhall? You can't claim British Citizenship under patriality rules until you are 17. That's a set in stone fact. Therefore, he must have an Australian passport, therefore he isn't eligable to ride in the NL for 2 more years! I just want a straight answer, but I fear I will never get one.

Still, here's hoping for a miracle, and Stoke winning 46-44 tomorrow with Rambo winning a run off to put us through ;)

just hope stoke can find a 3 point aussie ringer for next season. :wink:

Tom Armstrong :wink: