British Speedway Forum
PhilK

Stoke V Mildenhall - Nl Po S/f 1st Leg

Tom Armstrong :wink:

No partiality unfortunately!

No partiality unfortunately!

Bulls programme the other week (when we rode against you) said his average is 3. :shock:

Bulls programme the other week (when we rode against you) said his average is 3. :shock:

Amazing what you can get away with in a challenge ;)

You can't claim British Citizenship under patriality rules until you are 17. That's a set in stone fact.

Incorrect - you can claim patriality in two ways - firstly via an ancestry visa (british grandparents and you have to be 17+) and secondly via a settlement visa (if you have a parent with a british passport and there is no age limit for this one). In both cases British citizenship is not automatic and in fact the holder of a settlement visa is nearer to applying for it than the holder of an ancestry visa. - the UKBA will verify this if you need further clarification.

Incorrect - you can claim patriality in two ways - firstly via an ancestry visa (british grandparents and you have to be 17+) and secondly via a settlement visa (if you have a parent with a british passport and there is no age limit for this one). In both cases British citizenship is not automatic and in fact the holder of a settlement visa is nearer to applying for it than the holder of an ancestry visa. - the UKBA will verify this if you need further clarification.

Settlement visa's require you to have been living within the UK for 2+ years before application though (And, for Ancestary, after 5 years)

Well and truly gutted tonight,stoke never turned up, and the fen tigers did, well done to them they were worthy winners, what a night to have at such an important meeting for stoke, think they've blown there chances now, that's why i don,t like the play offs. they've been top of the league all season, and it know looks like they,re going out.

What happens if the final table shows Stoke SECOND!!!! which can still happen

Edited by montie

Good meeting tonight, mildy deserved the win aswell. Ref had a shocker in heat 14, how he excluded baseby was a complete joke, reade knocked him off, cudnt believe the decision.

Last point, stoke fans were a disgrace, booing riders walkin on the track and cheering falls, wots all that about. Embarrasment to stoke

Good meeting tonight, mildy deserved the win aswell. Ref had a shocker in heat 14, how he excluded baseby was a complete joke, reade knocked him off, cudnt believe the decision.

Last point, stoke fans were a disgrace, booing riders walkin on the track and cheering falls, wots all that about. Embarrasment to stoke

Is booing that bad? Really? Bit of pantomime!

As for cheering when riders fall, never good. I cheered when Blackbird got back up in 14 but thats about it!

Haha you cheered because u were on a 5-1 maybe, cant believe reade never got excluded for knockin baseby off in that heat. Obviously i never went to last weeks meeting but you could see there was baf blood between the teams. Well rode mildy deserved win but no way is it over yet

Haha you cheered because u were on a 5-1 maybe, cant believe reade never got excluded for knockin baseby off in that heat. Obviously i never went to last weeks meeting but you could see there was baf blood between the teams. Well rode mildy deserved win but no way is it over yet

The ref called the Baseby incident correct, Reade never touched him he just spooked him and Baseby shut off which straightend him up he then started to run out of track and bailed off,Baseby did'nt show any problem with the decision either.

Secondly, and I apologise for the smell of grapes that aren't too sweet, but how can Cameron Heeps ride for Mildenhall?

I have asked three NL team managers the same question and no-one knows. The best response I have had is 'I have been told he is'. It certainly seems to me that on the SCB rules as published he is ineligible, and no-one from Mildenhall or the BSPA has deigned to clarify the situation as to exactly how he can ride - probably because they can't.

It has the definite pen and ink of a notorious 'you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours and sod the rules' BSPA deal about it and I'd say its no coincidence that Heeps was cleared to ride at precisely the same point that Brundle moved to Rye House and doubling down was refused (even though his average dictated that he could).

If you are looking for someone to point fingers at, though, look no further than your own promotion. I don't recall that they (or anyone else) said anything when clearance was given. Mind you, we all know what happens when you challenge the closed door dealings of the BSPA, don't we ?

All of which is pretty much irrelevant in the context of last nights match. Quite simply, Stoke blew it and from what I heard they were in complete disarray before the meeting had even started. The contrast between Mildenhall's superb team spirit and that of the Potters was a stark one. Watching Malcolm Vasey on the centre green, he looked like a man who was just about to go to the gallows.

Apart from Lambert, Pickard and the battling Ben Reade, Stoke were way below par and a track on which it was just about impossible to overtake played right into the hands of the Fen Tigers. Take nothing away from Mildenhall, though. On the night they were the better side and thoroughly deserved their win. But for some dubious tactics by Stoke and one or two daft actions from Blackbird, they would have won by more.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

Well done and a very well deserved win by Mildenhall. Thought their riders rode with their heads and although it isn't all over, it will take a major improvement by the Stoke lads to get this one. Really please that Ben got some points although thought he should of been excluded in the incident mentioned elsewhere; unfortuately this is where my report begins. I have never been abused by my own supporters before; I have always been one for applauding The Stoke riders well but also the away riders too, may be not quite so loud but come on boys and girls; this is a sport, it's not a matter of live and death. I gave Heeps a clap as he came past and was surprised beyond belief when a few of the crowd said "How can you clap that Aussie ******, you want to make your mind up who you are supporting", that contiued for most of the evening without boring you with the language as it got worse. Not sure I want that every week, gives me something to think about over the off season as I'll miss the next meeting with Mildenhall and if they do get through not sure I want to return just yet. It's a sport lets just remember, and if one one the "True" Stoke supporters are on the forum, I'd like to inform you that I have passion in plenty for the team.

Edited by Steeplejack

Well done and a very well deserved win by Mildenhall. Thought their riders rode with their heads and although it isn't all over, it will take a major improvement by the Stoke lads to get this one. Really please that Ben got some points although thought he should of been excluded in the incident mentioned elsewhere; unfortuately this is where my report begins. I have never been abused by my own supporters before; I have always been one for applauding The Stoke riders well but also the away riders too, may be not quite so loud but come on boys and girls; this is a sport, it's not a matter of live and death. I gave Heeps a clap as he came past and was surprised beyond belief when a few of the crowd said "How can you clap that Aussie ******, you want to make your mind up who you are supporting", that contiued for most of the evening without boring you with the language as it got worse. Not sure I want that every week, gives me something to think about over the off season as I'll miss the next meeting with Mildenhall and if they do get through not sure I want to return just yet. It's a sport lets just remember, and if one one the "True" Stoke supporters are on the forum, I'd like to inform you that I have passion in plenty for the team.

My advice is ignore a*seholes like that and carry on enjoying your speedway and appreciating riders from other teams.

I don't doubt your word because I saw similar reactions when the Fen Tigers riders came out for their victory lap.

I wonder if those who commented on the behaviour of Mildenhall supporters last week will also care to comment on what you have said ?

Somehow I doubt it, and it just proves the point that Mildenhall are far from alone in having a few boneheads - quite simply, every track has them.

HT,i think with your thoughts on the Heeps affair you are correct,the only way the NL can avoid this is a total ban on aussie lads or let them ride,a simple yes or know,not no to eveyone except Mildenhall

to be fair,one man got Mildenahll to the play offs but all now seem to have hit form

What a result ! just got on to find out the score, I hoped Heeps would have a better night and it looks like he did, also strength in depth must have played a part. Roll onm this afternoon for round 2 !