British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SteveEvans

Kings Lynn Young Stars Vs American Touring Team

Well, that was an "interesting" meeting

Michael Raines. Scores 10 points in his 1st ever competitive meeting. Hope Buster had thrust a contract under this kids noes, one to watch

Yep watching updates lastnight Michael "Rainman" Raines seems like he is the next live prospect on the American Dream Team, seemed very impressive.

Yep watching updates lastnight Michael "Rainman" Raines seems like he is the next live prospect on the American Dream Team, seemed very impressive.

Rocco "Caveman" Scopellite also looked pretty impressive - in between the falls which bedevilled the tourists all night...

Terrific entertainment though - well done all! :approve:

Well we were battered, bruised and had a few broken bikes but what a great bunch of lads I have been given this year --our 8th tour since the initial one in 2005. Spirits were good on the mini-bus ride home last night although a few will be counting the bruises this morning as they start work on the bikes ready for tonight at Redcar . I was dropped off just after 2am so they wouldn't have hit the sack till gone 3 and were all due to be in the workshop by 9am!!

Edited by Main Man

Well we were battered, bruised and had a few broken bikes but what a great bunch of lads I have been given this year --our 8th tour since the initial one in 2005. Spirits were good on the mini-bus ride home last night although a few will be counting the bruises this morning as they start work on the bikes ready for tonight at Redcar . I was dropped off just after 2am so they wouldn't have hit the sack till gone 3 and were all due to be in the workshop by 9am!!

Luckily my journey was a bit shorter - got in at 12.45am.

And I agree, a good night for the tourists. Lots of names to watch for there.

Disappointed with Eddie Castro though.................................... We didn't have a 15 metre start!!!!icon_lol.gif

Michael Raines looked VERY sharp - at the moment the one one to watch.

Rocco looked like he could turn a bike, but unfortunately it seemed to be 'upside down' last night.

Tuff McBride showed a lot of guts

and the other lads (Green, Novratil, Buman and Thomas) all looked like they were out there to get some points.

A brilliant first meeting of our tour, yes we lost but we came away with a huge amount of pride.

And even though the Race Jacket didn't auction very well last night (very poor in fact), the generosity of the fans on the bucket walk was superb.

I wonder if the people of Redcar would be kind enough to just use the paper type of money tight, that way my arm wont ache as much!!! icon_lol.gif

Luckily my journey was a bit shorter - got in at 12.45am.

And I agree, a good night for the tourists. Lots of names to watch for there.

Disappointed with Eddie Castro though.................................... We didn't have a 15 metre start!!!!icon_lol.gif

Michael Raines looked VERY sharp - at the moment the one one to watch.

Rocco looked like he could turn a bike, but unfortunately it seemed to be 'upside down' last night.

Tuff McBride showed a lot of guts

and the other lads (Green, Novratil, Buman and Thomas) all looked like they were out there to get some points.

A brilliant first meeting of our tour, yes we lost but we came away with a huge amount of pride.

And even though the Race Jacket didn't auction very well last night (very poor in fact), the generosity of the fans on the bucket walk was superb.

I wonder if the people of Redcar would be kind enough to just use the paper type of money tight, that way my arm wont ache as much!!! icon_lol.gif

I got home at just past midnight as we're swapping notes!! :wink:

You're right about Tuff - we put in a really plucky performance and established himself as mine and davidba's favourite 2011 tourist! :approve:

He was even leading his last ride before there were fallers and there had to be a rerun.. So he was very unlucky to end his evening's efforts with just one point to his name... Well done to 'Tuff of the Track'!! :approve:

Of the race jacket - could I respectfully suggest that the auctioning off would work better in the indoors setting of a club house/bar..? Difficult in a place with little post-meeting bar activity like the NA but maybe could've asked interested parties into the bar at the interval.. :unsure:

I got home at just past midnight as we're swapping notes!! :wink:

You're right about Tuff - we put in a really plucky performance and established himself as mine and davidba's favourite 2011 tourist! :approve:

He was even leading his last ride before there were fallers and there had to be a rerun.. So he was very unlucky to end his evening's efforts with just one point to his name... Well done to 'Tuff of the Track'!! :approve:

Of the race jacket - could I respectfully suggest that the auctioning off would work better in the indoors setting of a club house/bar..? Difficult in a place with little post-meeting bar activity like the NA but maybe could've asked interested parties into the bar at the interval.. :unsure:

We have done auctions in the club bars after but the results have not usually been as good as when I do them to the whole crowd. Normally the riders come out to get the crowd going gut we were told it was only a 5 min track grade and with so many problems to sort in the pits the lads did not come out. As it was there was probably only a dozen or so in the bar after anyway!

We have done auctions in the club bars after but the results have not usually been as good as when I do them to the whole crowd. Normally the riders come out to get the crowd going gut we were told it was only a 5 min track grade and with so many problems to sort in the pits the lads did not come out. As it was there was probably only a dozen or so in the bar after anyway!

Yes I'm sure that's right - as I said no tradition really of after meeting activity in the bar at the NA as opposed to say the IoW, Stoke,, Wimbledon etc. I think you did a great job conducting the auction from the centre green and as you say many machinery and other rider related probs plus filthy weather setting in, so personally I think what you got towards the pot was a good effort..

I think you did a great job conducting the auction from the centre green

I don't, I think Laurence was bloody cheeky, he should have been happy with whatever he got for the bodycolour, considering the amount of fans who were there, nobody should expect the fans to dig so deep, perhaps he forgets that people might not have the money to pay more than what was paid for it!!!!!! Perhaps he should show a little more respect!

I don't, I think Laurence was bloody cheeky, he should have been happy with whatever he got for the bodycolour, considering the amount of fans who were there, nobody should expect the fans to dig so deep, perhaps he forgets that people might not have the money to pay more than what was paid for it!!!!!! Perhaps he should show a little more respect!

I was very appreciative of what was raised ...I always am !! Point I was making is that these boys have paid out a fortune to get here to ride and that the auction goes a bit of a way to cover the costs and that traditionally we have made 100- 200 pounds per jacket. Some of what I come out with is very much tongue in cheek :wink: --in fact cheeky :rofl: but it has worked at some tracks when the bidding was going slow and then took off and I was hoping for the same but on this occasion but it was not to be. Thanks to Scott Campos dad we got 50 quid in for the race jacket ..and Sandie reported a good amount in the collection bucket ---so thanks one and all!! :party:

Michael Raines. Scores 10 points in his 1st ever competitive meeting. Hope Buster had thrust a contract under this kids noes, one to watch

Agree with you there :t: He did give me a heart attack on a few occasions when he went a bit close to the boards though :lol: Looks an interesting prospect. Shame the weather put pay to the meeting a couple of heats early :sad: