British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SteveEvans

Kings Lynn Young Stars Vs American Touring Team

The Americans are back for their first match of a 6 event tour. Many new faces on board. Likely riding order;

1. Mikey Buman

2. Tuff McBride

3. Eddie Castro

4. Russell Green

5. Austin Novratil

6. Rocco Scopellite

7. Michael Raines

8. Chris Thomas

And some interesting names at that! :approve:

Tuff McBride sounds like a character from those British boys comics of the '60s and '70s!! In fact wasn't there actually a strip called 'Tuff of the Track'..?! :unsure:

We've already commented on what a marvellous name Rocco has...

It could only get better if it turned out that the no. 4 has a mother who's called Theresa!! :rofl:

Really looking forward to this one... Let's pray the good weather continues and that the no. 7's name in no way proves prophetic!! :rolleyes:

And some interesting names at that! :approve:

It could only get better if it turned out that the no. 4 has a mother who's called Theresa!! :rofl:

Really looking forward to this one... Let's pray the good weather continues and that the no. 7's name in no way proves prophetic!! :rolleyes:

Whoops - did the old double click there!

Don't mock the names - I once worked with a girl with the surname Green and she named her daughter Theresa and never did get the joke, although I suspect her daughter does now. Not surprising really because the mother's name was Stephanie (Stepney as we called her)and being a single mother it wasn't a name ahe married into.

Anyway I digress - yes looking forward to this tour and as you say let's hope the Californian weather holds.

Anyone got the Kings Lynn Line up ?

Don't mock the names - I once worked with a girl with the surname Green and she named her daughter Theresa and never did get the joke, although I suspect her daughter does now. Not surprising really because the mother's name was Stephanie (Stepney as we called her)and being a single mother it wasn't a name ahe married into.

I love the Stepney Green gag! :approve:

Talking of Stepney, many years ago I worked in the old DHSS office there and one of the claimants had the name, Nicholas Brown-Marks..: now that's a good comedy name!! :rofl:

Anyone got the Kings Lynn Line up ?

I'm not sure its a national league meeting as David Howe has said he's at King's Lynn this Wednesday on Twitter & possibly Filip Sitera included????? It is down as a stars select team. More PL standard than NL I suspect?????

I did wonder if it would be considered an NL meeting or not as the programme from the Stars v Poole fixture confused me on this somewhat. The advert on the page "upcoming at the Norfolk Arena" states it's a Stars Select, yet you look on the results and fixtures page at the back and it says it's the Young Stars v USA Dream Team! If David Howe's confirming he's in it, then it can't be the Young Stars surely?!

I think it would have to be an NL Young Stars level side as this is the way this tour is pitched and with no 'guests' planned in the tourists' side... Also the article in this week's Speedway Star suggests that's the sort of line-up KL are putting out...

Should be a good 'un!

http://www.speedwayg...?extend.13415.6

Kyle Hughes

Tom Armstrong

Scott Campos

James Cockle

Lewis Kerr

Sam Woods

Tom Stokes

Looking at that press release there are a couple of small errors.

The only one worth pointing out though is that Robbie Sauer is now not touring with us this year sad.gif and either Tuff McBride or Chris Thomas will be named as our number 8.

Normally it takes us a couple of meetings to get dialled in but as the boys will be practicing on the track in the afternoon I expect them to be ready and willing to take on any challenge thrown at them.

Kings Lynn Fans know how to turn out in their numbers so I hope to see a large crowd cheering on both teams.

And as a quick plug - we will be selling our normal touring team goodies - mugs, pin badges, pens, programme boards etc and doing our normal bucket collection to help fund the tour.

Please bring along some loose change or coloured pieces of paper with you.

See you all on Wednesday eveninganim_32.gif

Looking at that press release there are a couple of small errors.

The only one worth pointing out though is that Robbie Sauer is now not touring with us this year sad.gif and either Tuff McBride or Chris Thomas will be named as our number 8.

Normally it takes us a couple of meetings to get dialled in but as the boys will be practicing on the track in the afternoon I expect them to be ready and willing to take on any challenge thrown at them.

Kings Lynn Fans know how to turn out in their numbers so I hope to see a large crowd cheering on both teams.

And as a quick plug - we will be selling our normal touring team goodies - mugs, pin badges, pens, programme boards etc and doing our normal bucket collection to help fund the tour.

Please bring along some loose change or coloured pieces of paper with you.

See you all on Wednesday eveninganim_32.gif

OK Merchandising Manager extraordinaire!! :wink:

OK Merchandising Manager extraordinaire!! :wink:

Will you be joining us Team Manager Extraordinaire? icon_smile_wink.gif

Or are you not coming down off cloud 9 from your recent meetings??anim_32.gif

Looking forward to this as I missed the visit last season.

Bring your bucket my way Sandie and I'll gladly donate :cheers:

Will you be joining us Team Manager Extraordinaire? icon_smile_wink.gif

Or are you not coming down off cloud 9 from your recent meetings??anim_32.gif

I will !! :lol: Yes still on cloud 9 with Cup win --just sorry I couldn't be in two places today as had to be at Buxton with Hornets and not up at Glasgow

Looking forward to this as I missed the visit last season.

Bring your bucket my way Sandie and I'll gladly donate :cheers:

You are a real 'star'. Thank you.

Not sure if Im doing bucket or being on the stand on Wednesday as we are a little short on help - but Im the middle aged (hehehe) short woman!!!icon_rofl.gif

Come say Hi.

And Laurence - whoop whoop - a decent money for a race bib I hope xxx icon_lol.gif