British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

What happened to Lukasz Sowka ? I thought he was previously announced to be included in the field ?

He was, but that one has quietly been brushed aside... Apparantly there were problems with his Polish license... Nice of the promotion to keep the fans informed :rolleyes:

Edited by Shadders

If the rumour I herd tonight is true about a rider already lined up for next year then Len has reached the lowest of the low and he won't see me in the future – I really do hope someone is winding me up. :nono:

I also herd a rumour last night about a certain rider coming out of retirement to join Rye – I hope its in some sort of consultancy role or running / training the NL side.

Are you the same person and who is the mystery rider?

My money is on Mr Werner

i reckon it's two laps tom. :wink:

I totally forgot about Tommy... Len better order some new fencing

I was going to go last night until I saw the line up (or rather the lack of it) so I watched the updates instead.

Im pleased I stayed in the warm and saved my money now.

Simply a case of me copying and pasting to remind me on what I wanted to comment about - thank you for pointing the spelling mistake out. :rolleyes:

I am not going to be the one to put the name in the public domain but I wll say the 2 names already gussed are incorrect.

I totally forgot about Tommy... Len better order some new fencing

I tried to PM you Shads but it will not send the message? is your inbox full?

Simply a case of me copying and pasting to remind me on what I wanted to comment about - thank you for pointing the spelling mistake out. :rolleyes:

I am not going to be the one to put the name in the public domain but I wll say the 2 names already gussed are incorrect.

Going on Lens pockets and his team building thoughts I reckon it could be Barry Thomas or Roger Johns being lined up for next year :rolleyes:

As much as it pains me to say it I do find it hard to argue against many of the negative comments about Rye this year (and I had to laugh when they said they had run out of plastic cups so if you want another tea or coffee could you take your old cups back with you!! :rolleyes: ) ......BUT being the half glass full kinda guy I am I always go away from the end of season awards with a bit of a warm glow and happy that I am a Rye fan! Not entirely sure why :blink: but I think its cos it feels like one happy family with all the riders so happy to ride for Len and his speech at the end somehow makes me forgive him for all the mistakes he's made this year! :rolleyes:

Anyway glad to see Chris Neath win Mr Rocket (for the first time in his 8 years at the club). He also won Mr Traxitement but I would have given that to Nelson. Without Nelson the evenings on track entertainment wouldnt have been half as good.....Oh and Steve Boxall went home early!!! :mad: Something about having to do nightwork....or was it cos he only scored 3 points and failed to make the semis!!

Lets hope next year can be a positive one for Rye House! :cheers:

Going on Lens pockets and his team building thoughts I reckon it could be Barry Thomas or Roger Johns being lined up for next year :rolleyes:

it could be karl fiala. he's been having a few spins recently! :lol:

Agree with most of the posts but here are what I consider.

The Ace of Herts has always attracted big crowds in recent seasons. Perhaps something to do with the fireworks. I wonder how many more would have turned up on Saturday night instead of yesterday? With the school holidays over I reckon quite a few more. Had intended to take the grand kids but mum said it was to later night with school in the morning. Incidentally I’m lead to believe the Sunday meetings have been a financial disaster-apart from last night- and Sundays are off the agenda for next season.

As for the poor turnout rider wise, it’s quite simple. Len will only pay the going rate, he will NEVER pay riders anymore. The crazy thing is when he held Superama at Waterden Road he had a world class field, probably better than the then one off world speedway finals.

If the rumours of changes next season are to be believed then quite frankly I despair. I know it’s the silly season on the rumour front but some are just unbelievable and let’s hope that are just that, rumours.

We’ve all said Rye needs a revamp, it’s stale and going down hill fast. Lots of people would help in a Rye House revamp, but Lenny has become a very stubborn old man, far worse than he used to be. It really is time he makes way for fresh young blood at Rye House, but unless his health goes down hill, which I sincerely hope it doesn’t then I’m afraid Rye House will just get worse and worse.

Yes Lens speech went down well last night but you must realise he is making more and more mistakes with the team and the track. You had your time Len, move over and let us see an ambitious promoter with new idea’s run the show for the sake of Rye House Speedway.

Completely predictable shambles and anyone turning up must be mad. Silver was never going to get decent replacements in as he is too tight.

Ace Of Herts always gets a decent crowd as usually the last meeting for many of the season and lots of neutrals turn up. Remember one 3/4 years ago when the place was packed out.

If Silver carries on his team building stance of the last 4 years Rye will be finished as a PL side this time next year.

I tried to PM you Shads but it will not send the message? is your inbox full?

It was, not now ;)

I remember reading something on the web a few months back concerning Nigel Sadler... He had to quit speedway due to a heart condition, but I thought I read he was riding speedway in Oz this year and was surprised to learn he's only 33... Please don't tell me he's considering a British comeback!!

Edited by Shadders

It was, not now ;)

Watching Top boy tonight Shdders ? filmed in your neck of the woods and about the same area I believe