British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Watching Top boy tonight Shdders ? filmed in your neck of the woods and about the same area I believe

I must confess I've never heard of it, but just Googled it... Don't watch much tv these days, but I'll try and catch it online... Looks like it could be decent... cheers for the heads up

Totally agree Shads. I thought the whole event was a shambles. No riders, No Food (Fish & Chip bar closed at 6.20, I was 2nd in the queue when it happened! & No Bar (Bitter, Cider & Lager sold out 20 minutes after tapes up). What was Len thinking, that only 300 were going to turn up, like the past couple of months!! Crazy. What sort of impression does it give to those attending for the fireworks etc, that this is what every meeting is like? Will stop many new supporters in their tracks short of the main gates.

I've heard of (and experienced..) the fish and chips running out... But never the bar running dry...! Surely that didn't happen did it..?! :shock:

As one of the traveling supporters, I quite enjoyed it, some good racing, shame about Neathy, hope he is ok.

Good crowd, got there early so got our fish and chips, Ive never heard of a speedy bar running out of booze before, very strange.

I thought the short track was rubbish didnt bother watching the final, we were thinking of going to one of the meeting wont bother now.

Well done to Doolan, Allen and Frampton looked good as well, some rider that Nelson, thought Bridger was rubbish.

last one of the season for us, roll on 2012.

I've heard of (and experienced..) the fish and chips running out... But never the bar running dry...! Surely that didn't happen did it..?! :shock:

Ran out of plastic pint glasses, but I think they still had half pints!

All is not great at Rye for various reasons and yes there have been serious mistakes made ,but the track has been improved and recent meetings have seen better racing for it,.Falling attendences are however hardly going to improve things such as what can be afforded to assemble next seasons teams,,We can all moan about things we think are wrong ,we may be right ,But at the end of the day without all of us continuing to support the teams regularly .Speedway as a professional sport will either die or be reduced to the lowest affordable level..Whats it to be ? ,its basicly in the hands of the supporter..

No! It's in the hands of the promoters who run the sport to put together a watchable product which can compete with the many other distractions available these days. If the product is worth the money then the fans will return.