British Speedway Forum
speedyguy

New Zealand 2011-12

So far as I can see, there will only be three tracks regularly featuring solo speedway in 2011-12, at Rosebank, Oreti Park and Moore Park. Hopefully, I will be proved wrong by a member in NZ.

Is there already known any calendar of meetings in NZ?

Moore Park calendar:

http://www.moorepark.co.nz/calander.html

I think the internationals are riding at Ruapuna on Saturday 7th January. So two meetings on successive nights in Christchurch.

I hope it is on the big track and not on the training track on the infield.

not this one, as racing dates with the council had to be confirmed before GP was announced, but next season we should be able to sort something.

There is probably a practice night at Rosebank on the Wednesday before the the GP

Thats a shame. There will be lots of speedway fans in town on the Sunday.

I remember the day after the Sydney GP, Gosford pulled in a big crowd the next night.

If I get a chance I'll try put the results from the last 2 meetings at Moore Park up.... in brief though Andrew Aldridge won both, without dropping a race..... Grant Tregoning is currently struggling with an injury and despite a couple attempts to race has been unable to and actually withdrew before the meeting on Saturday

Any details of U21 held in Rosebank on December 11th?

about time they updated it then

That was an update as of December 14 2011. Bike speedway (and sidecars) are only recognised as a division of the listed sports - all of which are probably regarded as more important in New Zealand.

Why isn't there a meeting on the sunday after the GP? I'm sure it would attract a huge crowd..

Why isn't there a meeting on the sunday after the GP? I'm sure it would attract a huge crowd..

Because of noise issues with Speedway in Auckland, we have to submit our race dates six months in advance.We share our ground with a karting track who also have to submit dates, so once set that's it. At that time of submitting dates the GP was still being negotiated - let alone a date for the GP being sorted. Now we know it is here for 3 years we will hopefully be able to work it into our plans.

The other point is the same few people involved in making sure the SGP is a success in Auckland are the same few who would need to organise the other meeting. So I think this year it is essential we concentrate on getting the GP right first.

• Like 2