British Speedway Forum

Has anyone got any details on the New Year Classic which is usually held at Newport like the date etc etc

The usual post season "Newport won't be running in 2012" stories are around, so I doubt if they'll be any announcement until the Mallets have decided what they are gonna do!

Usually the first Sunday in January, but as that falls on the 1st, it will probably be on the 8th

Edited by Shadders

The new year classic always has good memories for me. Been every time it's ran since about 2002!

I hope it's on in 2012 also.

Somebody should do it even if Newport don't.

Somebody should do it even if Newport don't.

Matt Ford couldnt wait to grave rob a few years back, I'm sure he'll run the meeting if he has to. For the good of the sport.

Matt Ford couldnt wait to grave rob a few years back, I'm sure he'll run the meeting if he has to. For the good of the sport.

Makes financial sense... The crowd size that day was more than double any I've experienced at Newport.

Makes financial sense... The crowd size that day was more than double any I've experienced at Newport.

You really are the grim reaper ,stick the knife in every chance you get, why do want Newport to shut so much.

What is your problem ,if you dont like the the club/Malletts , just dont go there and

keep your negativity to yourself.

Edited by Arthur

Carefull SCB you will upset Schovlar

For as long as Newport can run it, why not call it the Tim Stone Memorial?

That would be a great mark of respect, but some of the Newport Promotion and Managment did not see Eye to Eye with Tim .

You really are the grim reaper ,stick the knife in every chance you get, why do want Newport to shut so much.

What is your problem ,if you dont like the the club/Malletts , just dont go there and

Quality overreaction. :rofl:

Had a bad day?

I don't feel I should have to defend myself, but here goes...

I've travelled to Newport four times this year from my North London base, more than some Newport fans I suspect... I have a number of Newport speedway buddies, so why would I want to stick the knife in?

It's one of my favoutite away trips, ease of the journey and closeness to the action, so how on earth do you come to the conclusion I want Newport speedway to close?

I was at Poole for their staging of the New Year Classic as well as attending some recent NYC's at Newport ... The attendance at Poole was far higher than any of the three I've attended at Newport... What's the problem?

As Blazeaway said, quality overeaction!

Had a bad day?

I don't feel I should have to defend myself, but here goes...

I've travelled to Newport four times this year from my North London base, more than some Newport fans I suspect... I have a number of Newport speedway buddies, so why would I want to stick the knife in?

It's one of my favoutite away trips, ease of the journey and closeness to the action, so how on earth do you come to the conclusion I want Newport speedway to close?

I was at Poole for their staging of the New Year Classic as well as attending some recent NYC's at Newport ... The attendance at Poole was far higher than any of the three I've attended at Newport... What's the problem?

As Blazeaway said, quality overeaction!

:lol::lol:

Surprised you`ve got any Newport buddies given who your Mrs is :wink::lol::P

Hope she`s in work and doesn`t read that......