British Speedway Forum
wildcatwillie

Weymouth End Of Season Party

Sad sad picture today of the Wildcats track being dug up, so its the end of the line for Radipole Lane.

It's their land after all to do with as they see fit, but onwards and upwards, the Wildcats WILL have a new home by 2013 if everything fits into place. There will be no news until next summer on the exact location due to the landowners who have only watched one live speedway meeting wanting to sample more live meetings before committing their land for our cause. Things from this perspective are very positive for a return to racing, we can only now sit and wait for their decision unless of course another landowner makes a good offer in the meantime.

It's their land after all to do with as they see fit, but onwards and upwards, the Wildcats WILL have a new home by 2013 if everything fits into place. There will be no news until next summer on the exact location due to the landowners who have only watched one live speedway meeting wanting to sample more live meetings before committing their land for our cause. Things from this perspective are very positive for a return to racing, we can only now sit and wait for their decision unless of course another landowner makes a good offer in the meantime.

Bring em to Monmore Wood to see the Heathens - we are all behind you, and we have nice chips!!!!! Seriously, from the heart of the Black Country, we wish you all the very best, and hope that everything goes to plan. Weymouth has produced gome good riders over the years, and it's a facility that the town, and Speedway in general cannot afford to lose.

Whilst this is great news have the land owners of the potential site contacted the council and asked whether the is a chance of putting a track on this piece of land? Alot of land in the area is protected and there is no way it will be developed? Fingers crossed.

Whilst this is great news have the land owners of the potential site contacted the council and asked whether the is a chance of putting a track on this piece of land? Alot of land in the area is protected and there is no way it will be developed? Fingers crossed.

There is no problem putting a track in thankfully. Planning would be submitted next year if the landowners go ahead.

Great news, Tim. :approve:

I was just starting to really appreciate my visits to the Wessex Stadium when it closed.

Very best of luck to all concerned.

Gutted to see the track dug up. I have so many happy childhood memories of visiting Radipole Lane after a summers day on the beach. In recent years my kids loved supporting the Wildcats and seeing Lewis riding as a 15 year old inspired my lad to give it a go. Good luck to everyone in the new venture. Let's hope speedway returns to the town in time for me to take my grandson when he's old enough!