British Speedway Forum
vog

Stoke 2012

Stoke needed two riders not one I thought as Birks, Worrall, McKinna, Atkin, Pickard and Reade plus one doesn't fit?

These are the results from today -

OPEN:

1. Oliver Greenwood (Scunthorpe) 12

2. Ross Walter 11

3. Dan Berwick 10

4. Shaun Tedham 9, Alex McLeod 9

:unsure:

We do need 2 as far as I know

As for the rider's, Greenwood was the best rider on show by far, which is worrying, as he is already signed.

After him, the rider's that caught my eye were Dan Greenwood, who looked a bit erratic at times, but picked himself up from a first race fall to look on the pace, Tom Woolley, who liked like he had a good style but was riding a bag of spanners, and Dan Berwick who tended to score solidly if he gated.

But looking for 2? I'm not confident.

Well done Olly Greenwood!!!!

Which two do stoke choose?? the next two down the order or???

We do need 2 as far as I know

As for the rider's, Greenwood was the best rider on show by far, which is worrying, as he is already signed.

After him, the rider's that caught my eye were Dan Greenwood, who looked a bit erratic at times, but picked himself up from a first race fall to look on the pace, Tom Woolley, who liked like he had a good style but was riding a bag of spanners, and Dan Berwick who tended to score solidly if he gated.

But looking for 2? I'm not confident.

Was Tim Nobes there ?

Was Tim Nobes there ?

No, wasn't in the 16 who were named either.

There were a few no shows, Nick Laurence being one, as was Josh Bates and Adam Kirby if memory serves.

Conor Dwyer crashed out in his first race and didn't return, hope he is ok!

Our very own dan greenwood wasnt there! I take ur two riders will be Berwick and walter then, i wudnt be confident with them at reserve but who knows.

Stoke needed two riders not one I thought as Birks, Worrall, McKinna, Atkin, Pickard and Reade plus one doesn't fit?

These are the results from today -

OPEN:

1. Oliver Greenwood (Scunthorpe) 12

2. Ross Walter 11

3. Dan Berwick 10

4. Shaun Tedham 9, Alex McLeod 9

:unsure:

Saw Oliver, Ross and Dan ride before I left and to be honest I don't think Ross or Dan are upto the racing in the NL. Very worrying for Stoke if we have to go with the two lads. Last year I saw Ben and Mcbain ( can't think of his first name) and both looked acceptable at the "trial" for the place on offer. Dan Stoneman was one I thought was going to emerge from the day; just hope he is ok after that early fall. Did he ride later in the day?

Our very own dan greenwood wasnt there! I take ur two riders will be Berwick and walter then, i wudnt be confident with them at reserve but who knows.

Too many people with similar names, I meant Dan Stoneman (Getting him confused, sorry!)

I'm pretty sure we aren't contractually obliged to offer the second and third placed riders contracts, was more a scouting session!

Steeplejack: Dan Stoneman is who I meant in my post. He came out for his remaining rides.

Afraid to say there no1 else out there at this late stage so morethan likely gona be sumone from today aint it. Does anyone know who mckinna is gonna be replacing

I'm pretty sure we aren't contractually obliged to offer the second and third placed riders contracts, was more a scouting session!

Sure you are correct there Vog, but with your first meeting next saturday time is running out.

Danny Stoneman quite impressed me at Mildenhall last season, looked like he could improve given time, maybe he could be one option :unsure:

Even considering Stoneman crashed in his opener i'm surprised he didn't win his next 3 from the line-up that was in the speedway star.

Btw Ross Walter has NL experience with plymouth from 2 years ago, sharing a spot with Bob Charles (i think!). He rarely scored. Whilst Dan Berwick rode for Sittingbourne averaging 3.69 then moved to the island 3 year ago but suffered a serious injury which he basically never recovered from, for us.

Edited by Islander15

Sure you are correct there Vog, but with your first meeting next saturday time is running out.

Danny Stoneman quite impressed me at Mildenhall last season, looked like he could improve given time, maybe he could be one option :unsure:

I only saw him once last season - got a double figure score at Scunthorpe! Or pretty close to it at least. Looked Dudley's best rider on the night.

Definitely think he's worthy of a place in the NL.

• Like 1

This situation is going to place a shed full of pressure on to young Ben. I would think that he will take one of the reserve berths with the one of the lads and the second being hidden in the number 2 slot. Ben will then be taking at least six rides every week, draining on energy and machinery; so I hope both are up to scratch. Looks like Dan and Ross have been around the seen for a while without showing a great deal; maybe this Tom Woolley (how old is he) and Dan would be the best bet. One thing that Stoke have to be careful of is putting two riders in who have no real chance of scoring unless someone else falls off or has eng fail as the public will no put up with that. I'm all for seeing lads develope but the two who finished after Oliver don't seem to have been developing in the last few years. Interesting few days ahead.

Edited by Steeplejack

Conor Dwyer crashed out in his first race and didn't return, hope he is ok!

Conor went to hospital with a suspected broken ankle but x rays revealed no breaks just severe sprain

Dan Berwick rode for Stoke at Lakeside last Good Friday afternoon against Hackney Hawks in place of Ben Reade.

He scored one point, falling later and hurting himself.

He was signed out of the meeting as unfit, but appeared that same night at Oxford Stadium in a Dirt Riders meeting and won it.

Tim Nobes rode for Stoke at Mildenhall and fell very heavily, suffering a nasty, painful injury.

He re-mounted and finished the race.

This demonstrates how hard speedway and grasstrack riders are.

If these two were on my shopping list for riders, I would have no hesitation which one to choose for my team however.

Heathens 1984 ...... this has not been said I would have been happy to take a position at stoke please dont twist my words think before you go posting on websites. Thank you.

• Like 2