British Speedway Forum
vog

Stoke 2012

Devil they av already chose there last rider dan berwick i think. All sorted now just we wud all like to know where mckInna fits in

Hope I'm wrong; normally am, but I think we have missed a trick not signing Danny Stoneman instead of Dan Berwick. On the one race between them on the try out. Dan B got out the gate first but Dan S went past him very quickly and was pulling away before he fell. Track was very dry and dusty but Dan B looked too slow for NL times. Like I say I hope I'm wrong as nobody has really turned a wheel in a race. Any news from the Wednesday practice and meet up last night. Everybody wants to know where Adam fits in all this.

Devil they av already chose there last rider dan berwick i think. All sorted now just we wud all like to know where mckInna fits in

I know they have, i'm just saying i would have given the last spot to Danny, we had Berwick at Plymouth and he did not last long, Danny Stoneman is a much better rider in my opinion, i don't think Berwick will last the season, Stoke should be looking for a rider with NL experience, and Danny has plenty of that, i don't think Dan Berwick has finished a season with any NL team, when signing rider's you should be looking at that.

Another kick in the teeth for Danny must be that Rhys Naylor isn't even fit. Anyway here's to an injury free meeting on saturday

Its non of my business, but Danny S has said they couldnt agree terms, is that Mr T being a Tight ass again ?, definately Danny <spike>Stoneman deserves a NL team spot somewhere, a great guy a better rider that Dan Berwick, and more potential to improve, this would IMO have given Stoke a better bottom end, which surely is what they want, Good luck Danny boy, and i still think we may see you at Monmore Wood, dont know why just a feeling, even if it is against us.

The Pony Tailed one has missed a trick here me-thinks.

Its non of my business, but Danny S has said they couldnt agree terms, is that Mr T being a Tight ass again ?, definately Danny <spike>Stoneman deserves a NL team spot somewhere, a great guy a better rider that Dan Berwick, and more potential to improve, this would IMO have given Stoke a better bottom end, which surely is what they want, Good luck Danny boy, and i still think we may see you at Monmore Wood, dont know why just a feeling, even if it is against us.

The Pony Tailed one has missed a trick here me-thinks.

I have no idea what has gone on, but to claim that "Mr T being a tight ass again" could be the case. Conversely, it may be that Danny was asked to ride at number 4, a position that he didn't want to take? Maybe Danny valued his services higher than Mr Tattum valued them? I'm sure that, to remain professional, the reasons will not come out, but who knows, maybe Danny will join Stoke at a later date!

Danny will be riding tonight at Plymouth in a challenge match for the Devils in a NL match against Weymouth, i will ask him what the situation was about him riding for Stoke, i can't see how the Stoke manager rates Dan Berwick higher than Danny, i have seen both ride at Plymouth and with Danny's experience from last year you have to say Danny is the better more experience rider, he is in the Plymouth team tonight and if Plymouth were allowed to compete in the NL this year like they tried to do, i'm sure Danny would have been given a spot in the team, i'm not saying Danny would be the best reserve in the NL, but i rate him higher than Dan Berwick on what i have seen of them both at the SBA.

Danny stoneman as joined iow as mullins as decided not to race. Good luck to danny, deserves a spot i think

Will be quite interesting at the challenge tomorrow. If he rides, I wiil be very surprised if he doesn't double at least what Dan Berwick scores. Feel sorry for Dan Berwick really as it sounds like he has good pedigree in other bike events and is a good chap. I know which Dan I will be shouting on but feel he may need a bit more than me shouting to score points. At em Potters!!!

Dan Berwick was a very promising rider when at Sittingbourne, i can remember him coming to Plymouth with Sittingbourne and he looked very good, but then he got injured when riding for the IofW and has never got back to the form he showed at Sittingbourne, i wish the lad well at Stoke and if he get's back to the form he showed at Sittingbourne he will do well for Stoke.

Edited by Devildodger

Dan Berwick was a very promising rider when at Sittingbourne, i can remember him coming to Plymouth with Sittingbourne and he looked very good, but then he got injured when riding for the IofW and has never got back to the form he showed at Sittingbourne, i wish the lad well at Stoke and if he get's back to the form he showed at Sittingbourne he will do well for Stoke.

Thanks for the encouragement. I know Vog saw a little bit more of him last weekend than I did and if I remember his quote correctly that he rode "solidly" or something like that. i too wish him well and that he doesn't try to make things happen too quickly for him and we as supporters give him the chance that Malc thinks he deserves. Nobody knows this area of speedway better than Malc and we have to trust his views and decisions on the riders. Don't no much about Rhys either. Intersting season ahead of us and of all the things we wish for; the most important is that all riders in all our teams have an injury free season. Lads in the Premier have had a shocking start with injury's and we wish a speedy recovery to them all.