British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Nikko

No Lakeside In Nl So Sittingbourne Even More Important For South East

With Lakeside confirming that they will not be racing in the NL in 2012 it is even more important for speedway fans in the South East that Sittingbourne (or whatever they will be called) hopefully confirm that there will be league racing at Central Park.

With such a good grasstrack scene down here, especially in Kent, its such a shame that young riders do not have local tracks to go to.

The tracks at Iwade and Lydd both do a great job for amateur riders, and also give great practice facilities but I am amazed that there is not a club down here for fans to support.

The Midlands League is a fantastic setup to help non NL riders get some track time in a proper competition, and hopefully they will use this to progress to the NL and it would be great if there could be something similar in the South East, maybe a mini league with Lakeside, Eastbourne and hopefully Sittingbourne.

If it helps I would happily run the Nikko Racing Ninjas amateur team out of any of these tracks.

Nikko

With Lakeside confirming that they will not be racing in the NL in 2012 it is even more important for speedway fans in the South East that Sittingbourne (or whatever they will be called) hopefully confirm that there will be league racing at Central Park.

With such a good grasstrack scene down here, especially in Kent, its such a shame that young riders do not have local tracks to go to.

The tracks at Iwade and Lydd both do a great job for amateur riders, and also give great practice facilities but I am amazed that there is not a club down here for fans to support.

The Midlands League is a fantastic setup to help non NL riders get some track time in a proper competition, and hopefully they will use this to progress to the NL and it would be great if there could be something similar in the South East, maybe a mini league with Lakeside, Eastbourne and hopefully Sittingbourne.

If it helps I would happily run the Nikko Racing Ninjas amateur team out of any of these tracks.

Nikko

I am going to break the habit of a life time and agree with you :o

Real shame Lakeside won't be competing and it looks like Roger Cearns will not be entering a team for 2012.

The only thing is the prospects for 2013 look infinitely brighter. With moves afoot to establish Bodmin & Bristol and something going on at Weymouth, there could easily be 4 new tracks in the NL for that season.

Real shame Lakeside won't be competing and it looks like Roger Cearns will not be entering a team for 2012.

Agree with you big shame no NL racing at Arena. But Roger Cearns has NOT yet said they'll not be racing at Central Park in 2012 - so there IS still hope...