British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
turtle

Any New Regulations From Bspa ?

so what expensive regulations are the bspa going to officially trot out for the underpaid and overstretched national league rider? new silencers or can we have another years grace please? new mudguards with min height restriction and new pushbars? this rule will of course mean existing covers wont fit if it is brought in so more expense. anything else i wonder making the third tier of speedway and the most poorly paid as expensive as the higher leagues.

so what expensive regulations are the bspa going to officially trot out for the underpaid and overstretched national league rider? new silencers or can we have another years grace please? new mudguards with min height restriction and new pushbars? this rule will of course mean existing covers wont fit if it is brought in so more expense. anything else i wonder making the third tier of speedway and the most poorly paid as expensive as the higher leagues.

the silencers are deffinatly in for all league speedway , as for the mudgaurds ,not heard anything deffinate yet , it did say in last years rules they would be in for this year but you never know with speedway ,personally i hope not ,i think they look rubbish and as you say is just extra expence , but we will find out around march

With due respect to all riders at this level - You've had fair warning of the changes so should have been planning for it long before now.

Regarding the new rear mudguard - even as a fan I think it's a very good idea as it will prevent (hopefully) the horrific injuries that Nicholls, Pedersen, Norris and Crump have suffered in the past from tyre burns when limbs get 'sucked' in under the mudguard. I would have thought speedway riders would welcome them rather than moan about the aesthetics.

new mudguard rule is in as on back of license renewals 35mm maximum gap and pushbar not complusary but if you have one its has to be no higher than 35mm from guard