British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
speedy bill

League A G M

Nigels reply is that we only have Monmore available for 16 meetings, now i have never been aware that this was the case, April to October roughly 28 weeks, of which we can use the Track 16 times.

I hope the reason isnt to do with the greyhounds, because almost every Tuesday Monmore have Dog trialling sessions, so that cant be a valid reason for only having 16 meetings, so at a guess it must be a contractual thing :wink:

Only fair for me to come back here to acknowledge the response - Only 16 dates available so that is why we're not taking on the Trophy as well. And if we don't progress fair enough in the League and Cup for the fans to get more than 11 meetings then the club will put on at least one more meeting to ensure fans that have bought a season ticket aren't short-changed.

I got this from a quick-fire reply on the Cradley Forum by Nigel Pearson himself.

In response I've asked if we could not share Wolves' off-night, Wednesday, as it's reserved for speedway but almost never used. I can't remember the last time there was a Wednesday meeting at Monmore. :unsure:

--------------------------------

The doggies run on a Monday, so I fail to see that they interfere with our schedule.

Nigels reply is that we only have Monmore available for 16 meetings, now i have never been aware that this was the case, April to October roughly 28 weeks, of which we can use the Track 16 times.

I hope the reason isnt to do with the greyhounds, because almost every Tuesday Monmore have Dog trialling sessions, so that cant be a valid reason for only having 16 meetings, so at a guess it must be a contractual thing :wink:

I don't know for sure. There is also the issue of how many meetings the council may let you have, I imagine, with noise and all that shizzle I imagine it operates in the same way as curfew. Withe the turn out u get for the Heatherns I'm there must be an official reason

I don't know for a fact if there's anything in that, but I've lived close to Monmore all my life and I can't remember ever having heard of Wolves having problems with the Council or noise issues, certainly not in my adult life. It could be that the Council only gave permission for an additional 16 meetings, but this has never been communicated to the fans. This is the first we're hearing of a relatively low maximum number of meetings. Even when fans have discussed potential moves into the PL or EL it has never been mentioned that this is simply not an option at Monmore. If I have missed something that was mentioned by the club with regard to this I apologise for the oversight.

I can't see that Ladbrokes are the 'problem'. It has Wednesday reserved for speedway as Wolves' off-night but it's not used. It would make sense for the stadium to be used as often as possible.

:unsure:

I don't know for a fact if there's anything in that, but I've lived close to Monmore all my life and I can't remember ever having heard of Wolves having problems with the Council or noise issues, certainly not in my adult life. It could be that the Council only gave permission for an additional 16 meetings, but this has never been communicated to the fans. This is the first we're hearing of a relatively low maximum number of meetings. Even when fans have discussed potential moves into the PL or EL it has never been mentioned that this is simply not an option at Monmore. If I have missed something that was mentioned by the club with regard to this I apologise for the oversight.

I can't see that Ladbrokes are the 'problem'. It has Wednesday reserved for speedway as Wolves' off-night but it's not used. It would make sense for the stadium to be used as often as possible.

:unsure:

I'm sure that if there was a concrete, bona fide reason for a 16 limit it would have been stated in response to the question put last year on the BBC phone-in to Mssrs vanStratton & Pearson (and Drury).

Infact what was said was that it could be a bit of a rush after Monday nights, particularly if the weather was bad, and said - or suggested - , that it was rather demanding on the volunteer staff that did the Tuesday work, - prep'n and/or match-night activities.

In my simple reasoning I can't see that the adverse weather would be any more likely to occur on the extra mtg nights than on the existing meeting-Tuesdays, - no one knows how bad the weather is to be on the current mtg days.

As to volunteers, we're all no doubt aware and appreciative of the time and effort put in by primarily long-term Wolves supporters, but I'm absolutely confident that there would be no shortage of Cradley supporters who'd rush to cover these roles should 18 or 20-plus mtgs a season be too much for the existing staff.

Yes this availability for 16 meetings has only come to light recently, I have never been aware of it, and to my knowledge, has never been publicly stated before, lack of support will NOT be a valid reason, indeed most Heathens fans would want more meetings rather than less, whatever the reason, then it needs to be looked at, as i think a planned minimum of 16meetings + plus P, Offs and KO Cups, would be more realistic, once again in my opinion Promoters have failed to realise, once supporters get out of the habit, its not easy to get them back, Tuesday night is Heathens Night :lol: or maybe once again, we should have a few meetings at Perry Barr ;) .

I notice in the speedway star that they pushed through a rule about new riders in the league. Those with patriality only now come in on a 5, but those with a British passport come in on a 3...

I notice in the speedway star that they pushed through a rule about new riders in the league. Those with patriality only now come in on a 5, but those with a British passport come in on a 3...

and not a bad idea too.

and not a bad idea too.

No, but there is very little difference between the 2. It really just stops riders under 16 coming in...

Whats the difference? For patriality you need a passport so I'm confused.

i think SCB what it means is the likes of Max Clegg etc will come on a 3 as brits,but someone like Nick Morris etc,who have a brit passport through patrality,are now on a 5

odd thing is this seems to be just in the a NL??

It is very odd, but someone like Cameron Heeps,for example,would have come in on a 5, but had he applied for and got a British passport,that becomes a 3.

It is very odd, but someone like Cameron Heeps,for example,would have come in on a 5, but had he applied for and got a British passport,that becomes a 3.

But I thought all patriality did was get you a British passport. It's not a speedway "thing" but a legal thing. You can get a British passport if you have patriality and you can only ride NL if you have a British passport (apart from the couple of seasons they allowed Commonwealth rider in). So Cameron Heeps can ride NL because he has a passport with he was eligible due to partiality.

Or have I got this completely wrong?

But I thought all patriality did was get you a British passport. It's not a speedway "thing" but a legal thing. You can get a British passport if you have patriality and you can only ride NL if you have a British passport (apart from the couple of seasons they allowed Commonwealth rider in). So Cameron Heeps can ride NL because he has a passport with he was eligible due to partiality.

Or have I got this completely wrong?

Patriality allows you to get a passport, but you can't claim it until you are 16 IIRC. Just because you have patriality, doesn't mean you have to apply for a passport.