British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Brandonapolis Friday March 16th

I am unable to go tonight. If an organisation is producing a CD of the meeting would one of you kind people post the contact details on this thread.

Thankyou

Clean Cut Sports were probably there.

Went to this, looking forward to it.

But came away disappointed, slow meeting not much racing. Coventry cant run this sort of meeting anymore, I go back to the Charlie Ochitree days they need to start earlier if they have more than 20 heats.

Its a long day if you have to get up at 6am for work and dont get home till 11.30pm didnt bother staying till the end the Semi final crash did it for me, just got up and left.

Will have to think good and hard about going to anymore individuals at Brandon.

• Like 1

This was quick compared to the last Brandonapolis!

Edited by TrueBee
  • Like 1

yes, I think mine's gone and all I did was have a constructive rant about dirty windows and fairly pedestrian racing

wassup? let's hope we're not back into censorship stuff again!

this forum has lost a lot of its appeal since it started doing that..

It there a reason why all the adverse comments about the Brandonapolis have been removed???

• Like 2

The whole night seemed to me that the new Owners are trying to run as tight a ship as possible, possibly too tight.

It was as if they had prepared for the worst and didnt want to over spend on things such as programmes so reduced their estimations.

The Track shop didnt appear fully ready (although the range of merchandise was certainly a lot better and deserves praise, especially the Wallpapers, they're a cracking idea)

The whole night was pretty poor though, even from the very start with the big wait for Greg to be paraded on his own.

On the back straight there were Kids lying on the steps asleep, thats not going to encourage the families to come back, especially as if they were new fans they are unlikely to know that a normal league meeting will be over quicker.

The referree couldve been a bit more stringent with the two minute warning too, there were big gaps between the previous race ending and that going on.

The drinks in the bar were terrible too, and very flat.

The track wasnt great, but it's always difficult to produce a goodun when it's as cold as it was.

All in all it made what couldve been a great event feel somewhat of a let down.

I can't make the next two meetings, so won't be back until the Poole meeting on good Friday, I hope it will have improved by then

it was stated that the midland cup will not feature any number 1's........

can that be confirmed?

Went to this, looking forward to it.

But came away disappointed, slow meeting not much racing. Coventry cant run this sort of meeting anymore, I go back to the Charlie Ochitree days they need to start earlier if they have more than 20 heats.

Its a long day if you have to get up at 6am for work and dont get home till 11.30pm didnt bother staying till the end the Semi final crash did it for me, just got up and left.

Will have to think good and hard about going to anymore individuals at Brandon.

The speed at which a meeting is run is decided by the referee and not the staging promotion. Perhaps if Schlein had been dragged off the track and left to writhe in agony on the dog track instead of bringing the ambulance on we could have saved 15 minutes and you could have got to bed a bit earlier.

As far as the catering is concerned, if you budget for an expected crowd of 3000 and 5000 turn up there is always the possibilty of running out of programmes and milk and sugar.

it was stated that the midland cup will not feature any number 1's........

can that be confirmed?

Lindgren and Bjarne P both ride Thursday at Perry Barr, Harris and Bjarne at Cov on Friday. All 3 are unvailable for the other matches

• Like 1

So who won then? :P Remind me never to go to an individual meeting again because tonight in the freezing cold made me realise that I'm just not interested. Give me league racing any time. When Bomber ploughed into the 4th bend air fence in the semi final I decided to escape while I had the chance and before chaos descended on the car park. First time I've ever left a meeting before the end but I didn't find it very enjoyable at all. Hope someone did.

You weren,t the only one Gemini.Hadn,t done an individual for years and won,t be again anytime soon.Track too slick despite mild dry weather but IMO it,s the formula that,s killed these meetings stone dead while the powers that be think it,s great.The semi final+final formula means basically 2.5 hrs of being bored uknow whatless waiting for a couple of sudden death races.Kudos for Horton putting it on-it just didn,t float my boat.
  • Like 1